What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

VOIP cutting out constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malarkey

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
So lately after the recent updates my VOIP has been going to shit, I often have to reset it 5 times over a period of 10 minutes just to get it to work for another 20 minutes and then repeating. I've tried to see if there is anything on my end that is causing it but can't seem to find anything.

I have also lately noticed a lot of people doing radio checks because they can't be heard either and the times i hear someone say they can't hear someone has increased.

Last edited by a moderator:
So lately after the recent updates my VOIP has been going to shit, I often have to reset it 5 times over a period of 10 minutes just to get it to work for another 20 minutes and then repeating. I've tried to see if there is anything on my end that is causing it but can't seem to find anything.

I have also lately noticed a lot of people doing radio checks because they can't be heard either and the times i hear someone say they can't hear someone has increased.
Can you please post feedback on this after this restart (4PM) - We have made some slot changes to the mumble server

Noticed also a few issues:

1: It seems like there are sometimes delays, i say something and it arrives to them maybe 5 seconds later

2: People are cutting out for me and I gotta either reset if that doesnt work, i gotta relog

Since the 6th of March I've been having the same issue, you can be fine for quite a while then out of nowhere nobody hears you. The mumble text in the top left still goes yellow and even your characters mouth still moves but it becomes obvious that nobody around you can hear anything you're saying until you go to turn it off and on again. 

It doesn't seem to be a mic problem either, immediately after it happens I can go to teamspeak and talk to others alright. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the number of times it's happening is increasing, the game is kinda unplayable now for me have to reset voice every 5 minutes.

I have asked around and there are a few people other than me having this issue.

I've noticed it happens more frequent around high populated areas.

This update brings  some large voip improvements network wise.
Not sure if that will 100% remove the need to restart voice, but it should help somewhat.
We're still looking further into issues with not being able to hear people anymore.

Turning voice chat off and on doesn't seem to work for me but instead switching from push to talk to voice activation seems to bring voice chat to life for me

Recently I have noticed that VOIP keeps cutting out very frequently. From a personal experience, VOIP will cut out at almost every sentence, making it very hard to understand what people are saying and making people ask others to repeat what they have said.

I will say it has improved over the last days however far from fixed 

I tried using voice activation but that didn't really help 

Feel like it has got worse in the last 72ish Hours? ~ Struggling to talk for extended times atm.

There are some wider CFX issues with VOIP but added issue ref #32 

Thank you for your help in alerting us to this bug, now that all of the required information has been gathered, it's been logged with the development team who will look to fix this. ​

200.gif

Thread locked, awaiting development team response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back