What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Unban Appeal - Kooki - Altis Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kooki

Unban Appeal for Kooki 

In-game Name: Kooki

Server: Altis Life

Steam ID: 76561198268349400

The date you got banned: 03/19/21

Member of the team that banned you: Stavik

Reason given for your ban: Ban evasion

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: Hi there, today I was permanently banned for ban evasion by Stavik. The reason for this is because my friend Branchy was banned for 1.5 whilst in a situation with the police. Branchy has access to my account details as we game share with each other, he also often uses my account to play CSGO so it is not uncommon for him to ask for my steam authenticator code. He asked me on Wednesday night for my authenticator code and as I was at work, I was more than happy for him to use my account. It wasn't until today when I tried to join the server that I saw I had been permanently banned for ban evasion. He openly admitted to me and has apologized for using my account and joined the TeamSpeak server with me in which we both spoke to Kamren Brody and explained the situation. He is able to provide any proof necessary that it was him that was using my account and I'm sure it is also possible to trace the IP in which I play from and the one that he plays from as evidence.

Why should we unban you ?: I think I should be unbanned as Branchy is the person that was ban evading. He used my account without my knowledge to do so, which of course, resulted in the banning of my account as it would seem as though my account was an alt. We are able to further discuss any details or information if needed and if Branchy needs to comment under this post or speak in Teamspeak again, then he is more than happy to. As a result of this situation, I will ensure that I am more cautious when handing out my steam authenticator code to him and make sure to check with him what it is he needs to use my account for. Thank you for your time and sorry if this is difficult to understand at all.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
"...You may not reveal, share or otherwise allow others to use your password or Account except as otherwise specifically authorized by Valve. You are responsible for the confidentiality of your login and password and for the security of your computer system. Valve is not responsible for the use of your password and Account or for all of the communication and activity on Steam that results from use of your login name and password by you, or by any person to whom you may have intentionally or by negligence disclosed your login and/or password in violation of this confidentiality provision..." - https://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/
Simply put, you shared your account despite the steam subscriber agreement saying that you shouldn't and it resulted in your friend getting you banned here.

Both your and your friends account seem to have a lot in common really. Shared IPs and shared names. How would you suggest that we ensure that this is your friends doing, and not just you using another account to ban evade?

Hi Bowen, 

I believe that it is possible to see the IP history of those that connect to the server. but if that is not enough both me and my friend (Branchy) can connect to the server at the same time and potentially speak in game to prove that they are two different PCs and accounts. Another way to prove that this is my friends doing, we can both connect on the TeamSpeak server and speak to an admin either about the situation or to further validate that we are two different people, from two different IPs and two different PCs. We also have lots of clips where we are in game at the same time, there will also be chat logs to further back this up.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Well yes. But this could just happen again, and again and again if you are willing to break the  steam subscriber agreement.
We are not interested in catering for this.

Hi,

I completely understand your point about it breaking the steam subscriber agreement and I cannot argue with that. However, I can guarantee that this situation would never happen again. Branchy is the only person that I’ve ever shared my steam details with and that I because he’s also a very close friend that I’ve known all my life. He felt terrible about getting me banned which is why he came into the TeamSpeak with me to openly admit what he had done. I know that he will not do this again.
I have been playing on RPUK since last April and have a clean record, other than one auto ban which I received on my first day but was shortly resolved. To my knowledge I have no reports against me, nor have I purposefully broken any rules in my time here. I would hope that this would suggest that I would never purposefully do anything that I know would get me banned (such as ban evading). 

Thank you. 

I can guarantee that this situation would never happen again.
How can you guarantee that? The fact of the matter is your friend tried to connect to the server realised he was banned and then logged onto your account to get onto the server which since he is close friends he can still do. So that being said why hasn't your friend appealed his ban instead decided to skip around his ban? 

I can guarantee this as I will no longer give him my steam authenticator when I am not around to moderate what he is doing. As for appealing his ban; he knew that there was no way for him to try and argue it as he was blatantly ban evading. As I said he felt terrible for getting me banned so decided to sacrifice any chance that he might’ve had at making an appeal to try and help me get unbanned, by admitting to an admin what he had done. 

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back