What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Unban Appeal - Big Boom - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Boom

Unban Appeal for Big Boom 

In-game Name: Bini Osi

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198070692701

The date you got banned: 03/21/21

Member of the team that banned you: Ciaran

Reason given for your ban: C1.2

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned for singing Too many years by kodak black and Redbone by Childish Gambino

Why should we unban you ?: So this is the rule C1.2 - Do not express discriminatory or otherwise offensive views. This is no place for racism, religious hatred, ageism, sexism, homophobia, gender or disability discrimination. - Permanent ban. -
In my opinion I was not expressing any offensive views, and I was not being racist either all I did was sing a few songs while I was in prison to pass the time in RP. I personally think that I was not being racist, all I was doing was singing a song, and yes the songs had the n word in it and I said it a few times but I was not using the word in any racist way, I was singing the song and if we are talking about RP I am a Black male so yes I think that could go into RP as a black male in prison. It also does not say anything about using the n word all it says is about expressing offensive views and none of the song's did that. - But if you think I was being racist alright I wont RP in that fashion anymore. - And yes this does look really bad as I just got unbanned today, but personally I don't think I was doing anything bad, all I did was sing two songs in prison. And my intent was not to be racist in anyway.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @Big Boom

Whilst singing a song is by no means an issue within our servers, we do ask that you do not use any words that may be considered racist etc. I do appreciate that you did not appear to be trying to be overtly racist, we simply ask that the words are not used here. Unfortunately, we have had to take a blanket ban of certain words due to people trying to claim their racist speech to be non racist by using arguments such as "well if that guy can sing it, why cant I say it?" etc. 

To process this unban I will ask you a simple question, what would you do next time you want to sing a sing with those words in it?

I understand, next time I want to sing a song with words that can be used in a racist manner I will use a different word as a replacement or skip that line, or find a different song to sing.

Good, thats exactly the answer I was looking for. With all this being said, I will unban you, but now that you know how seriously we take this, you will end up with more than a slap on the wrist if this happens again. 

Unbanned

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back