GTA RP
ALTIS LIFE
TEAMSPEAK

Poseidon pourpose

Just came back after about 6 odd years and im finding poseidon really confusing.

So let me get this straight and please correct me if im wrong, but poseidon are basically the inverse of cops.
They do not allow legal activities taking place, but allow illegal activities? And they guard those and keep the peace.

So for all intents and pourposes you just do illegal stuff on the east side, and legal stuff on the west side, and will never run into any conflict? (mostly)
It seems like theres virtually 0 risk involved doing opium for example, yesterday i witnessed like 4 different gangs processing at the same time and nothing going down.

So where is the conflict and resource ownership now? Is virtually all the conflict at the pre assigned gang sites and so forth?
theres also seemingly only 1 rebel outpost in the poseidon area, again with protection from them so... no getting jacked there anymore?

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I mean there is always a chance that you get robbed by other gangs while doing drug runs buying stuff at rebel outpost, poseidon isnt always there to protect you and also while doing drug runs there is a chance that you get arrested by police which can still patrol poseidon lands. So yes there is much less risk doing drug runs in poseidon land than queen lands but there is still some especialy if your solo.

36 minutes ago, Foobar said:

Just came back after about 6 odd years and im finding poseidon really confusing.

So let me get this straight and please correct me if im wrong, but poseidon are basically the inverse of cops.
They do not allow legal activities taking place, but allow illegal activities? And they guard those and keep the peace.

So for all intents and pourposes you just do illegal stuff on the east side, and legal stuff on the west side, and will never run into any conflict? (mostly)
It seems like theres virtually 0 risk involved doing opium for example, yesterday i witnessed like 4 different gangs processing at the same time and nothing going down.

So where is the conflict and resource ownership now? Is virtually all the conflict at the pre assigned gang sites and so forth?
theres also seemingly only 1 rebel outpost in the poseidon area, again with protection from them so... no getting jacked there anymore?

Thanks

Gangs rob people in Poseidon lands all the time, That's why we patrol and make sure everyone is safe, Some gangs don't have the balls to get into conflict that much in our lands.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Foobar said:

Thanks

Poseidon is a Drug Cartel. So you`r absolutely right when you say that drugs only on east side. Poseidon is paid from drugs, so it`s in interest of all Poseidon members to patrol lands, makes robbers leave the east side and protect the drug runs. There are conflicts daily, with cops/rebels, and it`s like Loki sad, if your solo it`s always a bigger possibility to get robbed.

Just now, Mr Lopez said:

Gangs rob people in Poseidon lands all the time, That's why we patrol and make sure everyone is safe, Some gangs don't have the balls to get into conflict that much in our lands.

Don`t think ``the Balls`` is the case for most, it`s just that we make deals with gangs as well, so sometimes is business wise clever for gangs to not fool around in Poseidon lands and sometimes is just mutual respect, because of situations we already lived true with that gang :)... It`s fun, every day^^

• Like 2

Issue is having the full runs inside the poseidon lands. I made a suggestion about it a year ago, get rejected but feel free to make a new one and copy whatever you want from it.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Ji said:

Issue is having the full runs inside the poseidon lands. I made a suggestion about it a year ago, get rejected but feel free to make a new one and copy whatever you want from it.

Well just a thought but maybe instead of removing the Poseidon drug dealer as a whole, change it so that the Poseidon drug dealer cannot be placed within Poseidon lands? Therefore it forces people the leave the lands if they want to sell the drugs which creates more risk and requires Poseidon to leave the comfort of their own lands to go and protect the dealer elsewhere. May even cause some rebels to stop doing drugs because of the risk and try out other risky legal runs which Poseidon will be on their ass about.

Just a rough thought

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Shai Triton said:

Poseidon drug dealer cannot be placed within Poseidon lands?

problem with that is we only receive money from people selling when in our lands, so that would need to be changed if this happens 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Simon Ross said:

problem with that is we only receive money from people selling when in our lands, so that would need to be changed if this happens 

Yeah, as I said its only a rough idea, I'm sure there are a few minor things that would need to change for it to work out well but I don't think it would be impossible to do so.

43 minutes ago, S3ph said:

Why would cartel had a his drug dealer out of his territory ???... makes no sense...

Drugs are more expensive if they are illegal than if they are legal.

Just for info, drugs sold at Kavala dealer are better priced than at Poseidon dealer, and it makes sense, since you have to include the risk of transporting it down to Kavala.