What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

[SPOILERS] Line of Duty Thread

Namron

Head of Pestering the Development Team(s)
Lifetime Donator
Unlinked
Since there's a very sizable amount of LOD fans in this community, thought I'd make a discussion thread for people to post their thoughts after each episode of series 6 (the first one is tonight @ 9pm!!)

If you haven't watched each weeks episode, I'd probably avoid this thread until you do!

I need to remind myself what happens at end of Series5, if anyone wants to give a good synopsis!

WickedAtlanticblackgoby.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Deffo need to go rewatch last few episodes of season 5... It has been so long!

So Kate's moved and Steve wants to move.... Will be difficult for Kate to be undercover on her boss / part-time 'lover'?

My new Character analysis...

DCI Davidson - Shady af, main antagonist - but possibly being directed by someone else ?

Supt Unknown (Davidson's boss) - also shady?

PS Farida (Officer J) - Mostly good?

Chris Banks  -  too easy, surely cant be him

Terry Boyle - definitely a setup

And the freezer! Terry Boyle's freezer from series 1 and series 5 with Jackie Laverty's body

They moved the freezer in season 5, hence why they found leverty and Johns bodies/parts, it's been evident from the start that they purely use Terry and his place because of his down syndrome, like in season 5 when Terry's "best friend" slapped him round the head and sent ugly bald guy to the fridge and they found laverty who they'd forgotten about. Terry is completely a victim, that couldn't be more obvious.

I think Farida is trying to setup Davidson because she's breaking up with her, and that's why she called Steve, Farida is clearly a bit of a nutcase cuz she's ripped up her clothes n shit over the breakup, I think it'll be a similar situation that happened with Gates, Davidson is probably cutting corners/being pressured into doing the wrong things but is ultimately good, she let Terry go on bail because she knew trying to push for a conviction on him because he would be an ideal and easy scapegoat would be wrong I like Perry fitzpatrick as an actor and think he'll end up being an interesting character for this season I think he'll be very similar to Dot. After season 5 I was a bit disappointed about how they set up Hastings and then totally changed the entire plot to there being 4 caddy's,  it was immensely obvious to me that Gill was dodgy as fuck so the ending of season 5 wasn't particularly suspenseful but it made sense I guess, again I don't like the whole 4 caddys instead of there being a singular mastermind all of a sudden, when the entire 5 season has been about catching this one guy, all of AC-12's hard work seems irritatingly pointless at this point (despite their arrests etc) so I'm hoping they wrap it up and move onto something bigger for season 6-7.

In all honesty, I have a suspicion that somebody will die this season, I think it will be steve, his back problems are creating a bit of a codeine addiction which was hinted in the pharmacy scenes, and he's thinking of leaving AC-12 as well, this show would be shit without AC-12, it's what it's built on, so either he won't leave, or he dies. Or maybe Hastings, who knows. But this season I think will be a step towards the next main plot (if they have more seasons) and a wrap up of this current one.

Omg - wasn't tonights exciting!!!

Just as I was starting to believe Davidson.... I can't believe she set Farida up, and of COURSE she's working with PC Ryan 😮 

Omg - wasn't tonights exciting!!!

Just as I was starting to believe Davidson.... I can't believe she set Farida up, and of COURSE she's working with PC Ryan 😮 
How did Kate recognise Ryan? Am I forgetting something from last series?

How did Kate recognise Ryan? Am I forgetting something from last series?
Ryan's been in it for ages and we saw him hide his face from Steve - so I can't quite remember but they must know he exists / who he was associated with?

I just want to know why Kate left, poor Arnot xD

So Detective Superintendent Ian Buckells was in Season 1.... working for bent Supt Derek Hilton on the Jackie Laverty case

He also interviewed Ryan when he was the OCG kid on the bike, and now has Ryan in his team!! 

1_MAIN-Line-Of-Duty-fans-work-out-connection-between-rat-Ryan-and-bungling-DCI-Buckells.jpg

Kate also has new PC Ryan up on her screen

DryStallion.png

Dot was not the Caddy, the Supt is. 
Credit to MrKraken for passing on, got to love our back and forth conversations whilst LOD is on
Don't be daft. Dot **was** the Caddy. Caddies lug the **players'** clubs and shit around. The don't lead. They follow. They are grunts. And that's what Dot did.

Whose 'clubs' was he carrying? Probably those in the picture...

And what was Steve Arnott up to at the Scouser's wife's house? Spotting her posh new TV, like a scene of crimes officer? Who paid for that, eh? Where did it come from? Who's making her life a bit better as a result of the loss of her husband? Someone from the OCG? Or someone in the plod with a guilty conscience?

And that back-ache fit? Whaaaat? Oscars all round. Best way to get her out of the house? Send her to the car to root around in his glovebox. While he quickly turns over the gaff and has a look around... What's he expecting to find? What's he actually found? 😉

Steve Arnott up to at the Scouser's wife's house? Spotting her posh new TV, like a scene of crimes officer? Who paid for that, eh? Where did it come from? Who's making her life a bit better as a result of the loss of her husband? Someone from the OCG? Or someone in the plod with a guilty conscience
End of S5 you saw Ted Hastings at the grave with 50k of the 100k which was given to him by the dodgy dude.

End of S5 you saw Ted Hastings at the grave with 50k of the 100k which was given to him by the dodgy dude.
Actually, you saw Hastings with a **brown envelope**, nothing more. That go-to trope that says "bag-o'-cash', big money bribe... 

Of course, it **might** be the apparently missing £50k. But was it?

RPUK : Let's discuss Line Of Duty theories!

@TinyBigJacko: Hold my beer.
That is not beer. That is lemonade. I am not standing here holding a kid's drink. Dream on.

Meanwhile... Kate. Why did she blow the gaff on the AC12 investigation to Davidson? She's not bent. And she very likely would never have returned to common-or-garden frontline police, having come from AC12. She would've gone on to an equally special branch of the police. Perhaps even AC3? She would never blow apart an AC12 investigation unless there was a bloody good reason. Perhaps because an AC12 investigation would blow an already-running AC3 investigation into Buckells, or tip him off, so it needed to be shut down - and **seen to be** shut down, to allow the AC3 investigation to carry on.

And Kate is not a lesbian, so why is she playing come-on to Davidson? She's getting close for a reason. And it's clear that Davidson is not doing what she's doing for love or profit. The little breakdown in the car last episode makes it pretty clear she's being coerced. The OCG has something on her. Ryan is there because he's been planted in, that much is obvious. She's not the target of the investigation. Neither is Ryan. Buckells is only a little fish too I reckon. They're all **too obvious**.
image.png
Talking of which. Happy Easter Egg Hunt.

Back