What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Lack of Impound listings from Police

Eclipse

Proud NHS Member
Lifetime Donator
Hey there,

I have been a near to 0 at all times on the Impound list working as a Tow Driver, would be amazing to see more active registrations submitted.

Regards,

Charlie

i mean me and some guy went to impound list a vehicle yesterday and it was already on list from 3 hours before we tried so there is deffo not 0

I mean, I was putting quite a fair few on the impound list yesterday while being in and out of panic alarms and dispatches. Eventually went on as civ until around 2am and the vehicles I put on the impound list where still there untouched..

Its also very hard to find the locations since it does not tell you#

So the question is then - what is the problem?

I guess it's hard to pinpoint. Cops don't flag because more often than not there is not enough mechanics at level 4 to fullfil the role consistently. But then there is no insentive for people to push to Level 4 if cops aren't flagging instead of insta-pounding.

I'm not a Level 4 mechanic, so not sure how the system works - I just know there is a list. But there's nothing else? If not already would it make sense for the job to appear like the other player requsted mechanic jobs? I assumed that's how it worked along with the list. Perhaps it does but those flagged before you sign on/book on don't have means of revealing location?

Do cops need to flag more cars that aren't causing an immediate obstruction (ie parked part on pavement but room to pass) and only insta-pound those causing an immediate hazard that needs moving there and then. It then becomes an issue of time if the shift is busy. I know I've been job to job before and don't have time to stop for vehicles not causing any major issue.

There appears no reliable way of cops knowing how many mechanics are on duty and working the role. You can sit working as a mechanic but have a recovery truck and thus not assisting with the actual recovery of police flagged vehicles.

It does not, can confirm this feature is not working as intended then

The grind for level 4 was in my opinion pointless, I personally play around 12-14 hours a day and have seen little to no police impound requests, you may see 1 or 2 however upon accepting from the list, it states that I should return the car to the impound lot, does not give you any indication to where said car is. I was hoping it would set GPS or give a blimp like you have on the NPC jobs.

If there is something I'm clearly missing please tell me, but I have sitting with a police officer yesterday trying to work it out and neither of us could make it happen.

Many thanks

I am mechanic level 3, when I found out I still could not use the impound list, I decided just to stop. While working on the level, I could make more money with trucking. Personally I think the level is to high for such a good job that helps the RP and police. Police dont flag it because no mechanic is fixing it. There is almost no mechanic fixing it because the level is to fricking high to use the impound list. 

I am mechanic level 3, when I found out I still could not use the impound list, I decided just to stop. While working on the level, I could make more money with trucking. Personally I think the level is to high for such a good job that helps the RP and police. Police dont flag it because no mechanic is fixing it. There is almost no mechanic fixing it because the level is to fricking high to use the impound list. 
+1 this.

I reckon Level 2 is a decent amount in.

It does not, can confirm this feature is not working as intended then

The grind for level 4 was in my opinion pointless, I personally play around 12-14 hours a day and have seen little to no police impound requests, you may see 1 or 2 however upon accepting from the list, it states that I should return the car to the impound lot, does not give you any indication to where said car is. I was hoping it would set GPS or give a blimp like you have on the NPC jobs.

If there is something I'm clearly missing please tell me, but I have sitting with a police officer yesterday trying to work it out and neither of us could make it happen.

Many thanks
This is a bug that we were not aware of untill now, it has has now been added to the list. It is indeed meant to be give you the location when you accept the job.

Development reference #666

In the mean time if you feel like the level required for acces to the impound list should be reduced, feel free to put up a suggestion.

I believe it gives the GPS location when the impound is added, but it removes it as soon as you accept the job
This has now been fixed, the blip will remain for the person who accepts the impound, and their waypoint will automatically be set to the location.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to add to this. If I go looking some of these police requested impounds a lot of t

he time they are not there. My original thought is to these being despawned, if they are local cars as I will never see another tow driver so I don't see these as already taken because of the amount of cars that do this. Is it possible to add some sort of state to the cars so when they are on the list they can't despawn if people have left the area. 

I also go to impound cars that match the plate from the impound list, but get an error that the car isn't flagged for impound when I actually impound the car. Not sure if this one is me or if the police need to enter the plate when impounding and they are an extra space etc?

Back