What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Report a player - Spartan, Pledg3 & KeirT - Altis Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Lopez

Banned
Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Zepol rM

Name of the player(s) you are reporting: Spartan, Pledg3 & KeirT

Which server did the incident take place on: Altis Life

Date of the incident: 03/23/21

Time of the incident (GMT): 1900

What best describes this incident ?: RDM/FailRP/Poor Qual RP.

Please (in detail) describe the incident: Cops being reported - Spartan, Pledg3 & KeirT

Spartan took down the video, fortunately, it was screen recorded so it can be shown in this report. Spartan also titled the video 'PENG RDM' showing how much of a joke this is
to him, and that he clearly doesn't give a shit...

Rebels told the cop he was surrounded and to surrender himself (Pledge). Instead, he ran and screamed a code for an emergency. Running from a group of armed men, he must think he's faster
then bullets as he was told he would be legged and continued to run, showing he didn't care if he was fired upon - poor value of life/RP. We all opened up on him and unfortunately,
the number of bullets killed him. The nearest cops were 1.5km away at least from Spartans perspective (video 2), meaning he should of at least thought about the 3/1 rule and value
his life.

The officer was then revived and taken hostage before any cops had eyes on us, so how would they know he was dead, oh yeah the SIDE CHAT (METAGAMING), as is heard being said in Spartans perspective
by KeirT 'He's dead now'. When the officers arrived he was alive and in restraints, so surely the GPS could have been mistaken when it told them he died or was faulty? Spartan clearly recognises
the cop is alive as he doesn't shoot him when killing us all, as seen in the video, which makes you question why would they think he was dead? Surely they can't because they only ever SEE HIM ALIVE.
Meaning the used the Side chat to their advantages (Metagaming).

Another point I'd like to make is no cop saw us do it, so why open fire? If you have my gang member in restraints I cannot open up on you without valid initiation, unless I am
wrong in which case I will be happy to open up on everyone I see take my gang members.

As can be heard from the police comms, not one of them wanted to interact with us, they just wanted to 'Frag' us. Is this RPUK or did I connect to a different server, because
doesn't roleplay take precedence from shooting people, surely a staff member would be preaching this as well, not telling them to kill us?

To top it off, they killed us a then left the area. We all got revived and still had the hostage, so why on earth did they come? To save him or for a gunfight? Clearly a gunfight.

Clearly from this part of the videos alone, you can see that Pledge broke the value of life rule/provided extremely poor RP.
Spartan did not provide high-quality RP and in turn, RDM'd us.
Cops in the channel used side chat information to their advantage - Metagamed.

When speaking to police in liason it was all taken as a joke and everything was 'cringe'. No one wants to report here but we feel nothing will get done without one as this
occurrences seem to happen more and more.

If rebels did this there would be hell to pay, it is clearly not fair and clear breaks of rules.

1st Video: Rebel POV [Ross] > ArmA 3 2021 03 23 21 08 57 03 DVR - YouTube

2nd Video: Police POV [Spartan] > Desktop 2021 03 23 22 24 32 09 - YouTube

Thank you for your time reading this report and we look forward to your response/opinion.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZQTP8OWKac
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
by KeirT 'He's dead now'. When the officers arrived he was alive and in restraints, so surely the GPS could have been mistaken when it told them he died or was faulty? Spartan clearly recognises
Meaning the used the Side chat to their advantages (Metagaming).
 When I joined the server and the TS channel, I hear Pledge calling out there are many rebels surrounding him, then he radioed Code 0 (Normally reserved for shots fired) then his GPS goes red Id only assume the worst had happened to him...  

Now Spartans mic doesn't seem to pick up in his recordings, however he says "can we kill them" which I replied "Yes kill them all". Quite a normal response when a fellow cop is killed. To strengthen my point after the officer is killed you expect the cops to be coming and go to get thermals up. you know police are coming, you even hear in the video Mr Lopez panic as he sees the police cars coming saying " guys guys you have" - cuts out (As Ross mutes up) then 20 seconds later the Police man shoots. You kill an officer, see police coming then complain you're shot.

Now that's my whole involvement in the situation I didn't show up for 10 or so mins till I go to chase that golden hunter.

Spartan did not provide high-quality RP and in turn, RDM'd us.
Now I feel some double standards here as all that was said to SGT Pledge is "If you run you will be legged" then 8+ people open fire. Is this your own example of "High-quality roleplay"?  
I don't believe that that's high quality RP and in my eyes against rule (A6.1.3)*.
This can be found at 2:50 in the first video from Ross.

Furthermore the RP you provided was piss poor, while you take him hostage provide no roleplay what so ever to the point where some one in your group has to tell you to talk to him saying its shit roleplay. Which I would say is against rule (A6.1.1)*

While surrounding the policeman looting him and speaking about the situation, you all speak in TS no one speaking in game failing to hotmic in game RP that influences the course of roleplay I would say is also a rule break (A2.5)*. 

Last point ill make is you accuse me of reading side chat to acknowledge the death of an officer. Yet at 2:20 in video one of POV from Ross, I Connect to the server and you read side chat to see I've joined and mention that I've joined police again and no longer in Poseidon, Ill argue that now you know the police have an extra number leading to you taking extra precautions.. Such as asking your mate to thermal to look for more officers coming. Which would be metagaming.

This is my opinion and thoughts - As the reported staff member I cannot action anything and any accusations I do make are from my own personal thoughts not a staff perspective

(6.1.3) Killing someone must be carried out with high quality roleplay, “put your hands up or I will shoot” etc is considered low quality RP and may lead to a ban for RDM/Fail RP. Executing another player must also be carried out with high quality roleplay, the only exception to this rule is if both you and the victim are engaged in a gunfight together. 

(6.1.1) Taking hostages must be roleplayed to a very high quality. 

(2.5) You must hot-mic all communications that have been made over teamspeak when they are relevant to influencing the course of roleplay. This means that if you are communicating to fellow team members via Teamspeak and you are in audio proximity range of another player (they can hear you), you must hot mic any commands given so the rival player can overhear. This rule does not apply if both sides are engaged in a gunfight together.

I think KeirT summed it up pretty well,

I'd also like to mention that the title of the video I had uploaded named 'Peng RDM skrrt skrrt' was just my humor. I did take the situation serious but I have the maturity of a 12 year old.

Well pledge did not rp at all to me/us in the chopper also failed rp the whole time....

however he says "can we kill them" which I replied "Yes kill them all".
You weren't even connected to the server when you said that and there was absolutely no initiation, So how would you be able to understand the situation? You basically just told officers to 'RDM'.

go to get thermals up. you know police are coming, you even hear in the video Mr Lopez panic as he sees the police cars coming saying " guys guys you have
The officer was shot way before I first saw the prowler. We had a hellcat high up and spotting with thermals, I was commanding the thermals and I could see a prowler incoming at quite a distance so I warned them the Police Officer was in zipties way before the prowler showed up and decamped.

Now I feel some double standards here as all that was said to SGT Pledge is "If you run you will be legged" then 8+ people open fire. Is this your own example of "High-quality roleplay"?  
I understand the communication there was bad, However how are we meant to provide "High-Quality roleplay" when your officer runs away from 8+ rebels all AIMING guns at him and threating his life, Just makes zero sense why he didn't value his life. So in that bit where you stated we broke a rule, I'm stating we didn't your officer pal did.

Furthermore the RP you provided was piss poor, while you take him hostage provide no roleplay what so ever to the point where some one in your group has to tell you to talk to him saying its shit roleplay. Which I would say is against rule (A6.1.1)*
How was it piss poor? We took him hostage he ran away screaming like a little girl, He then decided to barely speak to us and when spoken to he completely IGNORED us. After many times trying to communicate to this officer he kept saying we should "kill him" which is not valuing his life and extremely poor quality roleplay, Why would you ask to be killed and why wouldn't you ATTEMPT to communicate to your hostage takers.

While surrounding the policeman looting him and speaking about the situation, you all speak in TS no one speaking in game failing to hotmic in game RP that influences the course of roleplay I would say is also a rule break (A2.5)*. 
I agree, Some of us were not hot micing which is a fault on our part, So many apologies.

Ill argue that now you know the police have an extra number leading to you taking extra precautions.. Such as asking your mate to thermal to look for more officers coming. Which would be metagaming.
As I stated above, Hellcat was in the air with thermals because we expect police officers so that wasn't meta gaming, We saw you joined the server and were curious since you seem to be faction hopping a lot since you were Poseidon a few days ago, No one used that information to set up "extra precautions" as we expected a cop resistance since we have a hostage.

I don't believe that that's high quality RP and in my eyes against rule (A6.1.3)*.
This can be found at 2:50 in the first video from Ross.
Keirt, We do not have all day to be chasing after a police officer who thinks he can outrun 8 or so rebels. So we aimed to leg him, with the intention to RP with him, hence why he was revived by us, because we want to roleplay!!! Pledg3 clearly did not want to roleplay or feared he would 'lose'. You saying shoot when your not even there is poor judgement from you surely (As in whenever you ask staff something they say 'let me see a video' you couldn't even see what was happening)... I mean commenting and telling people what to do when you dont even know what they can see, as in the liaison you said ' I didn't realise the cops couldn't see you, I thought they were all a lot closer'. Which only shows that you really had no grasp of the ENTIRE situation and just wanted to KILL us. How is threatening to leg someone, any different to 'STOP RUNNING OR YOU WILL BE TASED' oh wait it isn't, and therefore cant be classed as poor RP in my opinion, as the entire police force use that phrase. 

As you can tell, the comms were shit. However RP was given and we didn't take the piss like he did, if you would like we will upload the footage of us all interacting with him after we escaped and him saying 'kill me, kill me, i dare you' and then not saying another word. You are clutching at straws with this in my opinion as he wasnt left for long with no interaction, he wasn't talking to us either, which would be poor RP for a man whose just been shot and would be in a lot of pain and the situation is extremely stressful and happened so quickly.

This I agree with you on, people should hotmic. Accidents happen and when something is happening so quickly people forget. If we banned everyone for forgetting to hotmic, we wouldn't have a player base to play on. However accident or not your point on this I agree with.

Last point ill make is you accuse me of reading side chat to acknowledge the death of an officer. Yet at 2:20 in video one of POV from Ross, I Connect to the server and you read side chat to see I've joined and mention that I've joined police again and no longer in Poseidon, Ill argue that now you know the police have an extra number leading to you taking extra precautions.. Such as asking your mate to thermal to look for more officers coming. Which would be metagaming.
This is my favourite part to be honest. I laughed a little at this. I have never seen such a shrewd outlook on something like this. Yes we acknowledge you are now a police officer and no longer in Poseidon. However not once is it used to benefit us in game, we do not claim you are coming, Hell we didn't even think it. We didn't know how many cops if any were close and at no point did we use this information to benefit us in that situation. If you however think we did, please provide evidence because at the moment you are SPECULATING and ARGUING a point which is completely wrong and in the videos can be proven that NO BENEFIT was used from this information. So please before you ARGUE a POINT that is completely RUBBISH, please think about it twice because right now you are accusing us of METAGAMING, which we clearly were not and in my opinion are trying to divert the point away from the actual rule breaks.

Thanks for your time reading this, and no hard feelings to anyone. We all just want to better the server and have fun, at the end of the day its ROLEPLAY NOT RULEPLAY.

If you however think we did, please provide evidence because at the moment you are SPECULATING
So when you report me for "reading sidechat" it its EVIDENT that I'm "metagaming" but when I make the same claim against you its SPECULATION. How does that work?

How is threatening to leg someone, any different to 'STOP RUNNING OR YOU WILL BE TASED' oh wait it isn't
Report these people, Problem solved.

You weren't even connected to the server when you said that and there was absolutely no initiation, So how would you be able to understand the situation? You basically just told officers to 'RDM'.
If I'm not on the server how can I "Read side chat"?  Rethink this point, I think you mixed it up a little. - I was on the server and heard the emergency calls...

I'm gonna leave it at that, I'm not going to defend the others they can make their own defences and points. My whole point was that I didn't use the side chat because I didn't need to, as I know from pledge many armed rebels and his GPS dropped. Spartan asked if he can shoot and as someone has been shot I of course said yes kill them. I only brought the points of other rule breaks to bring awareness to them.

If I'm not on the server how can I "Read side chat"?
When we say you were reading side chat we mean the officers involved at the situation, As I said you weren't on the server until after the first officer arrived so not aimed at you bud so chill 🙂

What do you think we are trying to do here? 

So when you report me for "reading sidechat"
Stated above.

[Many apologies if myself and ross kind of say the same thing we are typing our replies at the same time as each other because I just got into TS so we haven't been talking lmao.]

Myself and any KLR involved aren't going to reply further on this and we are going to let Staff Leads due to the fact a member of staff is involved. Plus arguing in the comments won't solve anything.

So when you report me for "reading sidechat" it its EVIDENT that I'm "metagaming" but when I make the same claim against you its SPECULATION. How does that work?
You all say the cop is dead because of his GPS, but when you come to shoot us all, the GPS no longer says critical and the cop is alive as seen. Which means, saying he is still dead or the GPS told you, you would of realised he was still alive. Meaning the side chat told you he died as his GPS wasnt critical when the cops got there, and wasnt dead.

This is Bullshit, all cops do it, never pulled up on it and as far as im aware was fine. You are now disputing it being fine, because it benefits you in this argument in my opinion, please stop trying to deflect.

I'm gonna leave it at that, I'm not going to defend the others they can make their own defences and points. My whole point was that I didn't use the side chat because I didn't need to, as I know from pledge many armed rebels and his GPS dropped. Spartan asked if he can shoot and as someone has been shot I of course said yes kill them. I only brought the points of other rule breaks to bring awareness to them.
I agree lets leave it there, this isn't a personal attack and its not to have a go at anyone in particular, however the way the cops conducted themselves here was severely out of order. So when my friend gets killed, and I'm no where near, I can shoot anyone around his last GPS known location? If so let me know, because as far as im aware you need eyes on and initiation.

Cheers,

Ross

Because this Report a Player includes a member of the RPUK Staff Team, this Report a Player will have to be handled by Staff Leads ( @Stavik @Drew @Gordon)

In the meantime, I thank you for your patience.

What a mess! That situation certainly wasn't great from anybody's perspective.

Ross / Rebels:
Whilst I've certainly heard worse, the cop was alive for all of about 8 seconds after getting out of his car with only "If you run you will be legged you tosspot, you will be legged!" before being gunned down. You very clearly easily outnumber him and while I can obviously see the need for haste, shooting the officer that early on isn't great, you could've been a lot more in-depth with the RP and attempted to create an interesting scenario before threatening to shoot him, you did not.

After you'd decided to take his comms & gps (which you did 5 times?) all of your chatter moved to Teamspeak while stripping the officer of his belongings, yet another opportunity for roleplay which you didn't take.

At around 4:00 minutes into the video, someone pipes up and mentions that it just might be a good idea to speak with the man who you've just shot! (Well done!), you shouldn't need a reminder.

Pledg3 / KeirT / Police:
To address your initial concern, police (as far as server rules dictate), do not need to value their own lives. Internal police rules are separate. It's entirely reasonable that police heard his initial cry for help over their radio and then assumed that he was dead upon arrival and began engaging. I would however not consider this to be high quality roleplay and would have expected to see some attempt of verbal contact with the rebels before running in to kill them all.

Conclusion:
I'm not going to issue any bans on this occasion. You all can do better a LOT better and are all very much capable of doing so. Take this as a lesson, improve and don't let it happen again! Consider this a warning to all of those involved.

Thank you for your report, Unfortunately, it has been declined

The staff member will advise shortly why on this occasion they have declined to take action against the reported player.

Please do not let this put you off making further reports in the future, We rely on our player base to help keep our community clean.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back