What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Misdemeanour policing

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I drive round Los Santos from day to day it begins to feel a little dead when you commit crime over and over again with no thrill of running from police officers, I thing I always find is that stealing cars is incredibly easy, on a server I was a cop on (redacted) There was a feature that if a car alarm went off/a car was hijacked there would be a blue circle and an icon around the area the car was stolen for police to see, frontline police officers could attend these calls instead of pulling people over and dealing with stabbings and robberies 24/7. It also just adds this aspect of policing smaller things that are against the law but are smaller on the grand scheme of things. As you hear a ton about stabbings, shootings, robberies, people getting dunked etc, but you can steal 8 or 9 cars and the police would never know. I feel it just adds more immersion. Another cool thing to add (But could be quite hard to script) would be a system where if someone was robbed in a broad daylight area, a similar thing would happen, as if a NPC bystander called the police. I've been on streaks of robbing 15-20 people before and the police have no idea that it happened which is pretty unrealistic but isnt anyones fault at all. This would be cool to see but hard to script so I dont expect it to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
 There was a feature that if a car alarm went off/a car was hijacked there would be a blue circle and an icon around the area the car was stolen for police to see.
So taking away the terrible meta element to this, lets consider it from a roleplay perspective - who has reported it? Does it happen everytime someone breaks into a car? How does a player counter that?

frontline police officers could attend these calls instead of pulling people over and dealing with stabbings and robberies 24/7. It also just adds this aspect of policing smaller things that are against the law but are smaller on the grand scheme of things
Robberies and stabbings aren't too frequent, with some periods of time going along where nothing really happens. In the past I have reported;
- A suspicious package that smelt funny outside my front door
- Being attacked by a swan at the golf course that ultimately got me stuck on a small island
- People knocking my bins over

My might seem a bit dull, but I make it worthwhile with roleplay on their arrival and hope they have a smile on their face attending something different.

but you can steal 8 or 9 cars and the police would never know
That's because the player has done it without getting caught. Why would the police know?

I agree lockpicking as it stands is a nightmare, but it just needs to be made harder - 1 stage to gain access to the vehicle, 1 stage to hot wire it to start it. Alarm goes off on it. Car upgrades could always make this process harder and maybe have a phone app that notifies the owner their alarm is going off if they have that upgrade too. But straight out cops being alerted is not a good idea in my opinion.

Another cool thing to add (But could be quite hard to script) would be a system where if someone was robbed in a broad daylight area, a similar thing would happen, as if a NPC bystander called the police.
Perhaps if close to an NPC there's a small chance it could happen, as it would make sense someone called. I would like to see telephone boxes become usable if you put like £5 in or something or let you call police/ambulance for free (although chance it can be used to troll this way).

The thing is, if robberies get returned there are already a large number of auto-dispatch calls that come in with a similar concept (ie someone witnessed it) and sometimes it can be difficult to keep up with them on a busy afternoon/evening.

I try my utter best to deal with petty crimes as i really enjoy that to anything else

So taking away the terrible meta element to this, lets consider it from a roleplay perspective - who has reported it? Does it happen everytime someone breaks into a car? How does a player counter that?
AI, same as when they report gunshots and drug sales. 

TBF i think there should be more petty crimes to do but idk if this is the exactly correct way about it. 

Well robbing someone in the middle of a vinewood petrol station would probably get reported by a bystander (Most notably NPCS within the game)

But yeah I see where your coming from, but yeah I think the city just needs some variety as at the moment I can stab and kill someone in the middle of legion square and not get arrested. Which isnt the polices fault just players ignore them and NPCs cant report. 

I agree lockpicking as it stands is a nightmare, but it just needs to be made harder - 1 stage to gain access to the vehicle, 1 stage to hot wire it to start it. Alarm goes off on it. Car upgrades could always make this process harder and maybe have a phone app that notifies the owner their alarm is going off if they have that upgrade too. But straight out cops being alerted is not a good idea in my opinion.
Yeah I think thats a better idea, but my point is I can steal cars in the middle of vinewood and not get reported to the police which just isnt gunna happen in a city like LS. But I do think that there is a better idea.

Recent changes have made this a tad bit harder 🙂

Thank you for your suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back