What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Vehicle Insurance

Zulu77

Brief Summary:

The ability to insure owned vehicle's or be on the policy for other people’s vehicles.

Detailed Suggestion:

I am suggesting that insurance is added to the server and the price varying depending on how expensive that vehicle is. If a player is caught breaking traffic laws then said premium rises to match the risk of the person operating the vehicle. Failure to pay the insurance terminates the policy and the vehicle then would be seized (if caught being driven without insurance) and a fine to be payable plus insurance cost to retrieve that vehicle back out of the impound lot.

The Pros:

- Promoting safer / realistic driving in los Santos

- Enhancing realism

From a police perspective: 

- easier to identify a stolen vehicle 

- increased traffic stop roleplay including when individual is in a gang storage vehicle not registered to the driver. 

The Cons:

- Could be hard to implement

- Additional cost to driving. 

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

No

+1 from me, to add to this, I think speed cameras should increase the fine the more times you get flashed by one, and the fine will decrease the more time you go without getting flashed by one, should slow some players down.

I think the downside of "Additional Cost of Driving" is not too bad, because, lets be honest, if you're a mechanic then your real cost is only gonna be fuel and the occasional repair kit

I like the idea

+1. An on-going cost, albeit marginal is a good idea to ensure people don't 'sit' on cars they own but don't use and puts some extra responsibility on car owners.

Another idea is that the price to recover your car from the insurance remains £250 as an excess IF you have insurance. If you don't then this could be more - ie £5000 or some other predetermined price from the value of the car.

+1 From me aswell. Jason's idea of having excess on the insurance is a great addition to your idea. Given the way driving, repairing and recovering vehicles is laid out at the moment, no-one is particularly worried about how they drive given it's extremely easy to fix vehicles or get them back after restarts.

I think greater punishment should be involved for everything involved with driving, with the potential to lesser the punishments with insurance premiums that go up the more you use them. For instance writing your car off shouldn't be a remedial thing you can solve by hopping out and rubbing your car for 60 seconds, this would also increase the rate at which police are actually able to catch people. Given people currently have no fear of driving at 160mph through cities, let alone on highways, it would actually make them think twice about blaring through speed cameras or bending it around a tree.

As it stands speeding tickets are pretty meaningless at this point aswell. I'm aware of multiple officers allowing people to pay off their speeding tickets in exchange for sentences or in addition to FPNs. This really shouldn't be the case. People should actually panick about the fact they have speeding tickets as at the moment nothing happens if they're not paid off. I've pulled people over with tickets dating back to 2020 and the usual "I'll pay them off soon I promise" is always what we're met with. I personally believe tickets should increase after a certain amount of ingame or IRL days (i.e a week) and if people can't pay the tickets, the option of community work or simply scrapping the car is enough of a detterant to stop people doing so.

This may also bring about the issue of having the PDs as the only place you can pay off tickets. It might be an idea to be able to pay them at banks and city hall as a means to stop people flooding in during peak hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back