What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Unban Appeal - Coco - Altis Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco

YoCo has fat tits
Unban Appeal for Coco 

In-game Name: INS Coco [6633]

Server: Altis Life

Steam ID: 76561198215484331

Ban ID: DzevBjVQn

Reason given for your ban: A4.3

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned because after a gunfight with Poseidon, I respawned at spec ops to gear up. While here I heard other people who died there talking about that situation ingame and I commented on the fact the comms were shit, also ingame. James Travers was standing next to us regearing and made a comment in TS something along the lines of "You shouldn't be saying that ingame", I'll admit I was a bit of a tit and responded with something to the effect of "You can't prove it" as I honestly didn't see it as that big of a deal to make that comment ingame when regearing away from anyone else on the server. James clearly didn't like that response and left the TS channel, he rejoined shortly after and asked if he could drag me and I said sure. He dragged me upto staff channels and told me because of the FBS and that as I have been banned for 7 days within the last 6 months, I'm going to get a perm ban. I argued about it a bit as I thought it was extremely petty to ban someone for such an insignificant comment but that was the end of that.

I understand that I broke NLR by mentioning the comms were shit in my past life, ingame. Although the NLR rules doesn't mention anything about referring to something like comms in a past life, it is common sense that you wouldn't know it due to dying.

Why should we unban you ?: Well it was just a simple mistake really. I think most people have unintentionally spoken about a past life ingame before at some point without thinking as its an easy mistake to make. It wasn't done for any sort of advantage or to ruin someone elses RP, it was just a comment made in the moment which didn't impact anyone.

I understand I have been banned before a few times now over the years but apart from this incident, I have only received 2 bans in the last 8 months and one of them was a pretty fucked situation I think everyone could agree on. I don't go out of my way to break rules, I don't even start drama anymore. I just sometimes come on to chill out and have a laugh.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

If it was a simple mistake why did you make such a big deal about it? Why couldn't you just accept that what you did was wrong instead of giving out bad attitude?

Hello @Robbie

I didn’t really make a big deal out of it, I was just being a tit because at the time I saw it as a mistake where the staff member involved would have just shrugged it off. I didn’t realise he was taking it so seriously and so I wasn’t. I obviously knew afterwards and now that I should have just been like “yeah my bad, sorry”. 

I have a bit of an issue with this entire thing. 

You first and foremost break one of the most prevalent rules we have in place on our server(s) even though you've been apart of this community now for years. Then as you were being spoken to you decide to have an attitude which is seen very often with you when things don't go your way. 

You have 9 Forum Warning Points & 7 Arma 3 Bans. At what point do you learn? At what point do we wash our hands with you since you clearly have no regard for our server rules. 

Why should we even consider this unban appeal when you've not learnt from your previous "mistakes"? 

Convince me. 

@Coco

Hello @Fluqi

The vast majority of my warning points came from a time when the Altis server was dying horrifically but nothing was happening about it. I was getting annoyed and I kept trying to provoke change. I realised it wasn’t working and so instead went out of my own way to create a community meeting, which massively helped get the cogs turning and bring people back to the server. If you think I don’t give a shit about the server or the rules, why would I sort that out in my own time for the sake of the server? I understand that I was going about it wrong a lot of the time, but I only really had good intentions.

Regarding my bans, the vast majority of these are old. My last ban, the RDM one which you can look into, was from a very fucked situation and apart from that, I haven’t been banned for around 8 months now. How can you say I clearly have no regard for the rules then? Is it really fair to judge me now because I have bans from over a year ago? My recent record, paired with my playtime for the last year, should clearly show  how rare it is for me to break a rule. 

I also want to point out that I didn’t have a bad attitude with the staff member involved until after I was dragged out and told I was getting a ban and even then, I didn’t have a bad attitude, I just called it petty, regarding the context. When the initial incident occurred there were absolutely no signs that it was being taken seriously as a staff related incident, we were both regearing next to each other and in the same intop channel together. I saw it as harmless and the context felt harmless enough for me to be able to joke about it. If it was clear that it was being taken serious by a member of staff then it would have been a completely different story where I wouldn’t have joked about it and just said sorry.

I think it is clear that I have learned from my mistakes. 

Please go ahead and quote me the server rule you broke and explain in your own words why such a rule is in place on our servers. 

@Coco

[SIZE=medium](4.3) When you respawn: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Your character does not remember any previous roleplay situations. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Your character does not remember where any of its vehicles outside the garage are [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Your character does not remember any previous enemies (your killer/robber etc) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Your character cannot return within 1000m of the location of death or be involved in the same combat situation until the 15 minute NLR timer has expired. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Your character does remember their friends & gang members.[/SIZE]

The rule is in place to help make roleplay more realistic and fair. It would be a bit shit if everyone always remembered everything regardless of death as it creates unrealistic situations. Say for example you kill little Timmy after he found out the location of your house, just for him to return in his new life and rob it, it protects against stuff like that. Making everything that happens closer to realism and better suited for a roleplay server. 

@Fluqi

Alright,

After consulting with other members of the staff team we have decided that given your extensive history on our server, albeit through an extended period of time, it's in your best interest that you have an extended break away from the server.

You can appeal your ban on 01/06/2021 and no sooner. 

Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back