What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Unban Appeal - robdorf - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

robdorf

Unban Appeal for robdorf 

In-game Name: Rab Salgoud

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198156291952

Ban ID: rpuk#3569

Reason given for your ban: C1 Common sense

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I had a little bit of a back and forth with an admin on the discord server when I submitted a ticket. To give a little bit of a back story I drove a car off of the pier to dump a body; something I believe is common practice. On doing so the game would not let me exit the car as it was sinking even though my seatbelt was off (video evidence can be supplied). I spoke to the admins who claimed this was a user error before one of them said that 'Understandably there is an issue there that needs looking into' before explaining there was nothing they could do. I was a little frustrated as I lost several valuable items to what I believed was a bug in the game. The exchange of words before the ban, I admit, was petty from my side. I was very frustrated and in turn was cheeky to the admins dealing with my ticket. One of them said 'You've lost the ability to make tickets' to which I replied that I wasn't going to make one anyway as they're useless. Again, this came from a place from frustration as I felt I was being punished for a bug in the game.

Why should we unban you ?: I was not fully aware of the ramifications of my actions at the time. I was frustrated and I am fully aware that I was overly hostile towards the admins who have the best interest of the community at heart. I made a smart comment in the ticket but I believe that this does not warrant a permanent ban. I have read over the rules, specifically, the one I was banned for (C1.7 Common Sense - As a Roleplay game, every situation is different and not everything can be detailed within these rules and so it is important to remember this is an adult community and some things simply come down to common sense.) and know what I did was wrong. I am an active member of the community in game and this is the first time I have found myself in bother regarding anything to do with the server. If you do unban me then I can assure you that this won't happen again and I will consider the circumstances before getting frustrated with the decisions that admins make.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello @robdorf

First things first, having read over the logs of the tickets I can say that your attitude really stinks. Our staff members take time out of their lives, for free, to support you and every other player in this community. They are there to fix genuine problems, not listen to your abuse and childish remarks. You were given a rather unearned warning by being ticket black-listed and you threw it back in his face, thus leading to your ban. All of this because you cannot see that driving a car into water might be dangerous. Why on earth do you think this is the way to deal with it? Why has it had to come to an unban appeal rather than be an adult, accept that you lost some virtual items in a video-game due to your own actions?

Hello @robdorf

First things first, having read over the logs of the tickets I can say that your attitude really stinks. Our staff members take time out of their lives, for free, to support you and every other player in this community. They are there to fix genuine problems, not listen to your abuse and childish remarks. You were given a rather unearned warning by being ticket black-listed and you threw it back in his face, thus leading to your ban. All of this because you cannot see that driving a car into water might be dangerous. Why on earth do you think this is the way to deal with it? Why has it had to come to an unban appeal rather than be an adult, accept that you lost some virtual items in a video-game due to your own actions?
@Bowen I am aware that this is not the way to deal with things. In terms of why I felt that was the way to deal with it at the time? The honest explanation I can give is I was a little bit salty and did not fully see the user error in my in-game actions (Doesn't matter anymore as I am aware that this matter is in regards to the way I treated the admins). In relation to your second question, As I said above I didn't fully consider the ramifications of my actions for which I apologise. In the future I again want to assure you that this won't happen again and that if I do require the help of staff then I will take their word as final. Again, I won't message admins outside these forums but pass on my apologies to the staff involved.

To be honest with you, I think you could so with taking a break. The way you reacted to our hard working staff members when you didn't get your way was just unacceptable. You can re-appeal in 1 month from your ban date.

Denied can re-appeal 15/5/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back