What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Unban Appeal - hol_ll - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

hol_ll

Unban Appeal for hol_ll 

In-game Name: Holly Cohan

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198258453464

Ban ID: rpuk#3616

Reason given for your ban: C2.3

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: The reason I got banned was because I logged off during a situation that I shouldn't have. The reasoning behind that is not something I wish to discuss on a public forum page and would much prefer to discuss it with someone in private.

Why should we unban you ?: I don't wish to discuss why on a public forum page.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

I would like to remind you that the unban process is the same for everyone. Regardless of situation or things that may be going on at the time, at this point that is not what i am interested in. 

You have clearly broken a rule, you knew you had broken a rule with a bad attitude and a complete disregard for those rules.

You have put no effort into your appeal. Why should i not just deny this straight away?

Talk to me about why these rules are in place.

Talk to me about the effect that your actions have probably had on everyone else that was involved in your roleplay scenario leading up to your ban. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The rules are in place because if everyone did what I did there would be no role play scenarios. People would just log off when they wanted and ruin the role play. No roleplay scenarios would be able to go through if everyone just logged off. It wouldn't be a functioning roleplay server if everyone was allowed to log off whenever they wanted during roleplay scenarios. Plus at the end of the day it is roleplay and it is not realistic for someone to just disappear into thin air until they feel they want to come back. 

My actions will have messed up the role play scenario as they will have had to either wait to see if I came back or act like I wasn’t there anymore. At the end of the day there are other players not just me. I should've thought about what would happen after as the outcome would've been a whole lot different if I had just thought about how it would effect the roleplay scenario and the other people who were also involved. 

You're correct, your actions did in fact ruin the roleplay scenario for about 20 people. 

There were many different ways you could've gone about this entire situation yet you decided to have no regard for our server rules at all. 

I've read up what you've sent to one of our staff members and I won't, for obvious reasons, repeat any of that here. 

I do want to ask you though, if met with similar situations in future (Which I assume you probably will) what will you do differently to what you did when you logged out mid RP situation?

@hol_ll 

Like I discussed in the private message there was other stuff going on. I wouldn’t have logged out at all if that wasn’t the case and would’ve just continued the rp scenario. I would’ve happily just gone through with what was happening and played out whatever was about to happen if it weren’t for other things. 

So whilst you say you have other stuff going on your actions really do not scream that too me. "Im going to sleep lol" and "okay have fun" seem more of a "I cant be arsed with whats happening so im going to go and hope nothing happens" sort of attitude. Whilst i am not here to question your why, i do doubt your story somewhat based on your attitude.

Now, as a staff team i would like to think we are very fair, approachable and understanding. At no point after this incident did you make staff aware of why you logged of or try to talk to staff about the situation which led to your ban. Yes, you spoke to someone who is staff however im talking about making the wider staff aware of the issues with this situation. So, why is that? why did you think to text Izzo saying "Im going sleep lol" but couldnt find the time to make the staff team aware of whats happening?

Moving on from that point, i said previously the staff team are fair and understanding. Now, i will ask you directly. Do you have a issue with the staff team here?

I say this as i see that previously you have said and i quote:

The staff team can go fuck themselves
Explain.

I messaged Izzo because he knows about that side. The last thing on my mind in a situation like that is to go message someone I don’t know and explain. 

No I don’t have an issue with you. That quote is from ages ago and I’ve spoke to staff about that as they have the recording. We all spoke about it and left it because it was just a joke.

At this moment in time I was frustrated and quite new to the server, since this I have grown  in the community and found that I actually like this server and everyone who plays and works behind the scenes for it. And this server is where I want to spend my time. With a second chance I can prove this to you. I don't actually have experience in RP servers as I would usually just hope from server to server as I never actually enjoyed the community enough to stay. But I actually enjoy this community. I understand how my attitude comes across sometimes and I apologise is that has caused issues as I don't think things through.

So roleplay is diverse, sometimes you like/enjoy a situation and sometimes the situation is not so enjoyable. Sometimes you have to lose, shrug it off and start again (NLR)

So, if you say you did not want to message someone you dont know and explain then how can we trust you will handle a similar situation a better way?

For one I’m not going to get myself into that state again. As I shouldn’t have done what I did irl in the first place and played because that is just not a good mix.

if it does come to it and it does get that bad I will make staff aware of what is going on and make sure that I don’t make the same mistake. I’m going  to use this situation as a lesson on how to proceed in the in future. 

Ok @hol_ll

Thank you for all of your responses thus far. 

I am willing to give you another chance here. However there are conditions. 

If you're ever involved in a situation like you were when you got banned you are to do what has been stated and report it to staff immediately. 

If you're ever involved in a situation where you lose, you are expected to take it on the chin like everyone else and roleplay accordingly. 

If you're not in the correct frame of mind to be interacting with other people, then you shouldn't really be on a server that requires you to talk to people. 

If you're banned for combat logging again within the next 6 months then you'll be rebanned permanently and will have the full 6 months to wait before you can appeal again. 

Unbanned.

Now that you're apart of our community again, please ensure you're fully up-to date with our Community Rules and our game specific rules depending which one(s) you play;
Altis Life Rules & GTA RP Rules

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back