What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

why is combat logging a perma ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope, i feel like its an overkill to perma ban somebody for a combatlog

Because this is an RP server, and if you combat log you have no intention to RP. Unlike RDM where it could be a mistake, a combat log is calculated decision that guarantees you can't lose that scenario. 

This my opinion on why is a perm.

Because this is an RP server, and if you combat log you have no intention to RP. Unlike RDM where it could be a mistake, a combat log is calculated decision that guarantees you can't lose that scenario. 
But RDM can also be used as a calculated decision that guarantees that you can't lose. and a majority of combat logs happen when the situation is "over" so basicly a rage quit. I don't understand how rage quitting can be a perma ban and how somebody not losing gear requires the same punishment as somebody who hacks or calls somebody an n word...

Is it legit that big of a loss to RP if the person doesnt want to say the 2 words before he gets executed?
what about in situations when somebody dies to a bug and combat logs to keep his gear?
should that be a perm even tho it doesnt effect any sit or RP?

I think its a big overkill to perma ban people for shit like this and I feel kinda weirded by the community being so used to strict rules like this that alienate so many people that want to just have fun on the server and sometimes get frustrated with stuff and combat log... I remember in the past that RDM was a perma ban and that changed because it was BS and  sometimes RDM can be explained as accidental or have other reasons behind it, but some people were still bending over and defending RDM being a permaban for some reason...

But RDM can also be used as a calculated decision that guarantees that you can't lose.
That's why staff would use their discretion based on what happened. then base the decision off of that at the end of the day any rule break could result in a permanent ban depending on the overall reason and repercussions of the situation.

and a majority of combat logs happen when the situation is "over" so basicly a rage quit. I don't understand how rage quitting can be a perma ban and how somebody not losing gear requires the same punishment as somebody who hacks or calls somebody an n word...
it changes the entire scenario, what once could be a rp scene someone has built up to. that yes someone loses out on by ie dying and losing gear, logging out to prevent losing gear is essentially someone not being willing to take a loss for said scenario. (In a literal server based on RP)

what about in situations when somebody dies to a bug and combat logs to keep his gear?
should that be a perm even tho it doesnt effect any sit or RP?
There are compensation requests for a reason...

I think its a big overkill to perma ban people for shit like this and I feel kinda weirded by the community being so used to strict rules like this that alienate so many people that want to just have fun on the server and sometimes get frustrated with stuff and combat log...
If someone would rather log out of a scenario to save gear or because they got frustrated, which overall ruins the situation for the other party to add, then they shouldn't be playing on a roleplay server. overall if temp bans were handed out for this sort of stuff then more people overall would be combat logging in turn ruining more opportunities for others trying to RP in the future.  

(C2.3) Combat logging - Logging out at any point during RP is exploiting. Some examples of this include: logging out during a firefight, being chased by the police, arrested by the police, while dead awaiting a medic, logging out in order to save gear, rage-quitting, logging out whilst restrained/detained. Punishment is a permanent ban. Staff can make an informed decision depending on if you’ve made an attempt to resolve the issue. We do suggest you attempt to rejoin the server and continue the roleplay (try messaging them with the mobile system first).
It says here^

it changes the entire scenario, what once could be a rp scene someone has built up to. that yes someone loses out on by ie dying and losing gear, logging out to prevent losing gear is essentially someone not being willing to take a loss for said scenario. (In a literal server based on RP)
still think its an overkill because its not even close to the other ban reasons that give out permabans instantly. It has a very minor effect on the whole RP scenario that turned into a gunfight and can't really be considered as a literal RP situation with some kind of high quality RP.

There are compensation requests for a reason...
Some people don't record their gameplay 24/7 just in case they get killed by a bug.

If someone would rather log out of a scenario to save gear or because they got frustrated, which overall ruins the situation for the other party to add, then they shouldn't be playing on a roleplay server. overall if temp bans were handed out for this sort of stuff then more people overall would be combat logging in turn ruining more opportunities for others trying to RP in the future. 
combat logging after being shot has almost nothing to do with roleplay, because if you haven't noticed the majority of gunfights last for much longer than 3 minutes and in that time the people have already bled out and removing any possibility of RP after the gunfight ends. The rage quit scenario doesn't hurt the roleplay in most situations because they last too long. The same reason you gave for this rule staying permabannable could be used for RDM. Why should temp bans be given out to RDMers when it will ruin more oportunities for RP in the future? Its a dumb argument that tries to protect people from something that almost never happens... 

I don't get you at all......who dies in 3 min and bleed out? Combat logging is just a insta kill for RP!

it's common sense in the end

tenor.gif

I am confused in what the purpose is on this entire post, seems like people want to break this rule and get it changed so the punishment is less severe. I would assume simply not breaking that rule would solve the issue there, if people are not serious about RP or die to rule breaks there's services in place to sort you out if and when that happens. Changing the punishment would be a poor choice because if anything it would be become a more common case than it is now. 

Don't fix something that is not broken. 

This is my personal opinion and NOT the opinion of staff.

it's common sense in the end
fam my common sense tells me that combatlog is not as bad as hacking, abuse or even RDM

I am confused in what the purpose is on this entire post, seems like people want to break this rule and get it changed so the punishment is less severe. I would assume simply not breaking that rule would solve the issue there, if people are not serious about RP or die to rule breaks there's services in place to sort you out if and when that happens. Changing the punishment would be a poor choice because if anything it would be become a more common case than it is now. 

Don't fix something that is not broken.
its not about people wanting to break the rule, its about the punishment being dished out for breaking this rule being waaaaay too harsh. it just dont fit the crime fam.
I've never had problems with the combat logging, but I still think its mental that the punishment for ragequit is a permaban... even the RDM rule was changed to a temp ban system even tho it caused waaaay more damage to people involved than somebody that ragequits after being shot and doesnt contribute his 2 words to the execution lol

So this shit is clearly broken when a person that rage quits gets the same punishment as a person that goes around calling people N words and spawning in money...

This is my personal opinion AND the opinion of all of -IZR-

This is Defo a wind up or a case of let's make drama
lol do you consider combat logging as bad as calling people N words, making fun of disabled people and spawning in guns?
Cuz it dont look like the same thing to me... gtfo with ur "dis just dramaaaaaa" bs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back