What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

GTARP Server size/ 2nd server?

sirschmoopy

What are the chances of the server capacity being increased again in the future?

And what are the chances of a 2nd server being added at some point?

What are the chances of the server capacity being increased again in the future?
The server slots will increase as and when server stability allows for it. This is regularly reviewed by staff/developers. FiveM is a tricky framework with some interesting results when you're pushing 200+ players through it.

And what are the chances of a 2nd server being added at some point?
Not likely. The server framework isn't designed to work with two instances. What happens on one server would impact things on another server (ie stock). Further, it would end up being factionless with little to no police or NHS and therefore be rather dull. I believe ARMA3 done the same thing and it ended up splitting people up too much I believe.

also say Gang A started shit with Half of Gang B and then the other half of Gang B get onto main sever after being friendly with Gang A and get shit by Gang A on main server because they started a war

2 servers just won't work wait for stability increase

Please take in mind that this response is my own opinion gathered from previous experiences

A second server will not work ill explain why: 

• shared server population:

Having your server population on two servers will decrease Police NHS and gang activity within the the servers (in each) this will make it so players check what server has the most cops so they can join the other for easier iligal income.

• Economy issues:

economy issues will show up due to the easier money earned on an empty server.

Please take in mind that this response is my own opinion gathered from previous experiences

A second server will not work ill explain why: 

• shared server population:

Having your server population on two servers will decrease Police NHS and gang activity within the the servers (in each) this will make it so players check what server has the most cops so they can join the other for easier iligal income.

• Economy issues:

economy issues will show up due to the easier money earned on an empty server.
What about some whitelisted slots on the server? my main problem for raising these questions are that i can only play on weekends and often find myself queueing for ages but i'd be more than happy to pay for whitelisting or something similar.

What about some whitelisted slots on the server? my main problem for raising these questions are that i can only play on weekends and often find myself queueing for ages but i'd be more than happy to pay for whitelisting or something similar.
There will not be whitelisted slots being available for regular players. RPUK are not interested in cutting off those playing who are not financially able to afford access to the server.

The problem is there is a good number of people who would likely do it. You thus end up with the issue of having a queue of whitelisted players still waiting to join for people to disconnect.

I appreciate your limitations of only being able to work weekends, but currently the queue system is fair for everyone (or at least as much as it can be) so it is unlikely the sitaution will change. You could join a faction which can apply ad-hoc each time for whitelisting (Police, NHS, Solicitor, Judge, Lost) but this is based on staff accepting each request at the time and no guarantee. You also cannot connect in one of these roles then change back to a non-whitelisted role within 2 hours.

There will not be whitelisted slots being available for regular players. RPUK are not interested in cutting off those playing who are not financially able to afford access to the server.

The problem is there is a good number of people who would likely do it. You thus end up with the issue of having a queue of whitelisted players still waiting to join for people to disconnect.

I appreciate your limitations of only being able to work weekends, but currently the queue system is fair for everyone (or at least as much as it can be) so it is unlikely the sitaution will change. You could join a faction which can apply ad-hoc each time for whitelisting (Police, NHS, Solicitor, Judge, Lost) but this is based on staff accepting each request at the time and no guarantee. You also cannot connect in one of these roles then change back to a non-whitelisted role within 2 hours.
I understand this, the damn server is too enticing for my own good XD. 

Is there any chance that RageMP client is more stable for servers with extra ordinary amounts of slots? 

If so, is there any chance we will merge to that in the future, or is it missing 2 many features to even be seen viable to us? 

Is there any chance that RageMP client is more stable for servers with extra ordinary amounts of slots? 

If so, is there any chance we will merge to that in the future, or is it missing 2 many features to even be seen viable to us? 
Having had a quick glance the framework for scripts etc is completely different. So a move to RageMP would require a complete rewrite of everything I think.

Having had a quick glance the framework for scripts etc is completely different. So a move to RageMP would require a complete rewrite of everything I think.
Oh okay, i appreciate that you put time and actually looked into it

Back