What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Unban Appeal - JDM-4 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDM-4

Unban Appeal for JDM-4 

In-game Name: Joey Walker

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198024725760

Ban ID: rpuk#3805

Reason given for your ban: C2.2

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: After reading the rule C2.2, I understand that I was banned for pressing the 'X' key to break out of a handshake when doing a drug deal with a local customer. Ever since I had joined the server, I had been told by others to do this to speed up the process, and even today, before my ban, saw many others do it, including gang members, so I had no idea it was against the rules. After reading the rule closely, I now fully understand this is bypassing an animation, which is something I am not meant to do on the server.

Why should we unban you ?: I have now read the rule clearly, and also all other rules to ensure nothing like this happens again. I have been on the server since the start of the year and have done nothing but tried to RP fairly with others, I feel I have followed the rules closely as I have been on many different RP servers before this one. I have a company on the server which I regularly RP with (The Hemp Company) and I'm here for the RP. I hosted a race/car meet on the server last night at the Pier which many people enjoyed, and I stayed in character for the whole thing, which I'm sure people can vouch for.
Now that I know this rule clearly, and how the X key bypasses a drug deal animation, I will not do it ever again while selling drugs. I will also pass this information on to others in OOC chat whenever possible.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
So you say you benefit the server with these events and such but then exploit to save literally a couple of seconds of a animation. How can that be worth it?

So you say you benefit the server with these events and such but then exploit to save literally a couple of seconds of a animation. How can that be worth it?
In hindsight, it wasn't worth it at all. I now understand how this was wrong, and at the end of the day it's an RP server and isn't meant to be competitive, but is meant to be about the RP and keeping things honest/fair, so shaving those few seconds off was idiotic. I apologize for my actions. 

What's bad is you're actually using this method as an exploit to get out of a few seconds but what's worse is that you're actually telling people how to do it and encouraging people to do it. 

How can we now trust you to be on our server? 

If there was a situation that would occur where there's a massive exploit, how can we now trust you would come forward with that to get it fixed as opposed to taking advantage of it yourself? 

@JDM-4

What's bad is you're actually using this method as an exploit to get out of a few seconds but what's worse is that you're actually telling people how to do it and encouraging people to do it. 

How can we now trust you to be on our server? 

If there was a situation that would occur where there's a massive exploit, how can we now trust you would come forward with that to get it fixed as opposed to taking advantage of it yourself? 

@JDM-4
I understand I was in the wrong, but I didn't have bad intentions, I did not know I was doing wrong, that's why I was extremely confused when I was banned. As mentioned before, I thought this was normal, and I apologise for that, I wish I had read the rules more closely, and I will pass this information on to others if I see them do this from now on. Around 90% of the people I see selling drugs are doing this, people are not aware, but I will make it my duty to make them aware.

I have come forward in the past regarding exploits, for example letting an admin know of the *REMOVED BY STAFF*, but the admin was already aware and told me it was being worked on. I'm not here to exploit, I'm not here to be the richest person in the city, that defeats the purpose of an RP server IMO, but at the same time I can see how my actions made it look like I was using this exploit to my advantage, and this in turn makes it look like I will abuse future exploits. It is not in my interest to exploit on an RP server, I was naive and dumb to the fact that I didn't know I was exploiting and should have known by reading the rules more closely before hand. You have my word that this will not happen again.

EDIT regarding Nihawwwww's post below as I don't want to bump the thread:

When selling to people in cars, I also did this to save my self from inadvertently being killed by the driver. However, if you read the rule closely, it is still exploiting at the end of the day. I have made a suggestion about this a few months ago, I hope someone can look in to this a little further as bans get harsher on the matter: https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/128978-change-character-animation-when-you-sell-drugs-to-npcs/

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay @JDM-4

I am going to trust that this was a lapse in judgement and that you wouldnt do anything like this going forward. I will be unbanning you as of now. 

Welcome back. 

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back