What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Cops And There Vehicle's

SixtyTwoSixx

Lost MC
Does anyone else think That cop cars should be abit faster I mean i out pace them everything single time no matter what car im in and its kinda stale being honest, They need to be able to keep up with imports maybe not doing 160mph+ but in around the 140's at least for a good chase cause always remember Its harder for a cop to catch a lead drive no matter how fast and what car you have due to turns and stuff just a thought i had.

They need to be able to keep up with imports maybe not doing 160mph+ but in around the 140's
thing is we have a car designed for this but most getaway cars go 200+

Cops have so many other resources to catch getaways. Helis, thermals, AR's, spikestrips, dogs and a radio of organised units. If LSPD throws everything at you and you get away I think you deserve it.

I think most of the issues occur when  it's a single unit responding to a crime in the moment. But the ability to revoke licences now is a game changer.

I see Just a thought was all 

Cops have so many other resources to catch getaways. Helis, thermals, AR's, spikestrips, dogs and a radio of organised units. If LSPD throws everything at you and you get away I think you deserve it.

I think most of the issues occur when  it's a single unit responding to a crime in the moment. But the ability to revoke licences now is a game changer.
Yea i suppose but them resources would only really be used in big bank heists IMO. been in a few firefights and not once see any of this been used.

Cops have so many other resources to catch getaways. Helis, thermals, AR's, spikestrips, dogs and a radio of organised units.
big thing here is how hard it is to get any of them
with most police on duty being probationaries. None of that they can do except radio and chase at 100mph

Helis work great but require 2 people trained for it or 1 able to do good coms and been in heli before. Ars there is like 30 out of all 170. Spike strips only traffic can use right now. Most of the time Frontline respond to a incident and unless a NPAS heli or Interceptor is already there we get a "And theyve driven off at over 200"
While yes we have a lot
NPAS Heli is useless following a car if no one can catch them. 
Spike strips are useless unless a car is close behind for the decamp
ARs don't go that fast
Dogs are not meant to be used in pursuits

Maybe increase the interceptor speed a little, but really I don't see much of a problem how it is currently.

This right here is absolute bollocks, nothing civilians have right now does 200 except MAYBE the R8, R34 (Which doesn't slow down and you'll likely die driving fast) and the Trackhawk with a 7 mile run up to get it there. 

with most police on duty being probationaries. None of that they can do except radio and chase at 100mph

Helis work great but require 2 people trained for it or 1 able to do good coms and been in heli before. Ars there is like 30 out of all 170. Spike strips only traffic can use right now. Most of the time Frontline respond to a incident and unless a NPAS heli or Interceptor is already there we get a "And theyve driven off at over 200"
While yes we have a lot
ARs don't go that fast
Again, Nonsense. 

Why, oh why do 99% of the police just complain about car speeds. YOU have a helicopter that can essentially never be lost unless they manage to get into tunnels inside of the city, if they go in the tunnels I'm almost positive you could communicate some sort of sting at most of the common exits of the tunnel system and then also have NPAS Floating around to keep spotting just in-case it gets out of one you didn't expect. 

You also have the ability to get a very very good communicated sting going, if that car that's just lost the police just carries on on the motorway what's stopping you setting roadblocks up with concrete barriers/other cars and then using spikes to either get tyres or force it to crash into barriers trying to avoid the spikes? 

The interceptor is also capable of catching these cars it's just most of the people that have been given the interceptor either don't play or in my opinion aren't good enough drivers to utilise it. You, the police force have way more means to catch criminals than they have to escape. Open your eyes, use your brain and you'll probably come up a lot more successful. 

(My opinion and not that of the staff/management team)

Does anyone else think That cop cars should be abit faster I mean i out pace them everything single time no matter what car im in and its kinda stale being honest, They need to be able to keep up with imports maybe not doing 160mph+ but in around the 140's at least for a good chase cause always remember Its harder for a cop to catch a lead drive no matter how fast and what car you have due to turns and stuff just a thought i had.
I do agree that normal cop cars could be sped up, probationary cops in the Peugeot are essentially useless in chases. I'd like to see all of the police cars sped up slightly but no where near what the interceptor is, also, more interceptors please! I know they have 2 now but why not give them 4 or even 6 and let them get the sting operations set up when stuff like chases happen, it'd be way more fun for both parties. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I got away from the cops in a 9f Cabrio that I stole from an NPC, the police car speeds are shit.

I've drove past so many cops through red lights or speeding, and they almost never chase me because they can't catch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got away from the cops in a 9f Cabrio that I stole from an NPC, the police car speeds are shit
From what ive heard police radio communications are also "Shit" so it's probably part of the reason that police in chases are so ineffective. 

While yes we have a lot
ARs don't go that fast
Just sounds like its been quite fairly balanced.(police tools that is)

Specific tools for specific unit is a good thing.

It does sound like yer missing some tactics and strategies tho. But i wont go further into that as i believe thats something you as a cop need to work on ingame.

What i would like to see however is more siezing of vehicles (especially the rare & expensive ones) that has been 100% involved in a illegal manner. As far too many people drive around in stupid expensive and luxurious vehicles whilst doing crime.

From what ive heard police radio communications are also "Shit" so it's probably part of the reason that police in chases are so ineffective. 
Tbf, some of them are yes. Even with Traffic officers that are to deal with traffic offenses such as police pursuits can't most of the new cars. Whenever, I've seen a police chase since imports its never against imports. Its always on NPCs cars

I have to admit the few times I've had a chase with cops on my relatively slow bikes talking about 110 at best(I dont have any crotch rockets) the cars almost instantly stop chasing but the damn chopper was always on me so that could possibly be utilised a bit more

but i cant really comment on car chases as the few chances ive had to see them they get shut down near instantly before a chase can even begin i.e. coming out the bank the car is instantly boxed in so it cant go nowhere or its rammed enough that it breaks (and to be quite honest i think its a load of crap that this call is even made to instantly box or ruin cars (talk about wanting that W))

But while we are at it, give them a spiked ram bar on all the cop cars so they can make sure when they take "unintentionally" launch me off my bike and send me to the moon they can get the job done properly 🙂

The interceptor is also capable of catching these cars it's just most of the people that have been given the interceptor either don't play or in my opinion aren't good enough drivers to utilise it. You, the police force have way more means to catch criminals than they have to escape. Open your eyes, use your brain and you'll probably come up a lot more successful. 
The Interceptor maxes out at 140 I believe. Even at that, it handles awful. I think a lot of the car speeds need to change not just police cars.

For example:

Kia Stinger shouldn't go 210Mph.

Jeep Trackhawk (SUV) shouldn't go as fast as it does.

Just sounds like its been quite fairly balanced.(police tools that is)

Specific tools for specific unit is a good thing.

It does sound like yer missing some tactics and strategies tho. But i wont go further into that as i believe thats something you as a cop need to work on ingame.

What i would like to see however is more siezing of vehicles (especially the rare & expensive ones) that has been 100% involved in a illegal manner. As far too many people drive around in stupid expensive and luxurious vehicles whilst doing crime.
This has already been patched in. Cops can now revoke driver & hunting licenses. They can also seize cars I believe, that update came in last night. I think cops, if they used their tools wisley asnd communicated better and worked better as a team they could win everytime.

Tbf, some of them are yes. Even with Traffic officers that are to deal with traffic offenses such as police pursuits can't most of the new cars. Whenever, I've seen a police chase since imports its never against imports. Its always on NPCs cars
That's how it should be, criminals shouldn't be using their own cars and if they are you should be using your powers to scrap them/impound them for a while through the courts to stop people using their own cars, you have a warrant system, a scrapping system & an impounding system that limits what people can do with their own cars when they're caught but yet you rarely see it used unless it's against an armoured car that Trojan don't like or a rare car that has been used in 1 minor crime but you guys don't want people to have. 

The mentality of the police right now is about 6 meta's old. Learn to communicate effectively in chases. Speed up regular police cars, make normal traffic cars do 155 (Which is what most imports do right now without using bumps) and you'll probably still loose due to either not being a very good driver or terrible communications. (Not you personally but as a force in general) I've personally seen 2 people use the Interceptor well and it was @Cristi& Paint (<Steam Name) I don't know his forum tag. 

The Interceptor maxes out at 140 I believe. Even at that, it handles awful. I think a lot of the car speeds need to change not just police cars.

For example:

All need to be thrown up as suggestions to be changed, developers will never know that things are that fast without them. 

Interceptor also does 165 on the flat last time I drove it after the driver killed himself and we stole it. So unless it's been changed recently it should be able to keep up with stuff. 

For example:

Trakhawk is fine, it takes a long time to reach those speeds. Cheeroke Trakhawks have monster engines irl as well. It's a myth that trakhawks go 200+ on flat.

I've personally seen 2 people use the Interceptor well and it was @Cristi& Paint (<Steam Name) I don't know his forum tag. 
Wow, you haven't even commented on Liam Johnson best interceptor driver ever.

Trakhawk is fine, it takes a long time to reach those speeds. Cheeroke Trakhawks have monster engines irl as well. It's a myth that trakhawks go 200+ on flat.
image.png

Back