What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Unban Appeal - HarveyScouse - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarveyScouse

Unban Appeal for HarveyScouse 

In-game Name: Harvey Mac

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198215434815

Ban ID: rpuk#3849

Reason given for your ban: Combat log

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: Disconnecting after an important altercation

Why should we unban you ?: I was trying to communicate in said altercation and couldn't be heard so after the altercation had ended, I ran around the corner and restarted my pc, apologetically I didn't want to have to sit through the 8 o'clock queue. I understand if I keep my ban but I realistically could have got banned for not speaking in RP when stuff was happening too. I'm sure you can check my inventory to see I wasn't trying to save any sort of items. I was genuinely annoyed that I couldn't talk back when stuff was happening, and didn't want to end up dead or banned because of that either.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

after the altercation had ended
I dont think anything was "Ended" about the altercation though do you? in fact is seems like it was still very much on going with one of the people being shot as you disconnect.

I think you need to be a little more honest else this will go nowhere. Why really, did you disconnect? 

I am being 100% honest in the situation after the first shot happened I ran away to where I thought was suitable to disconnect as I couldn't speak to anyone, I know it means nothing but if I was saving stuff or combat logging not to die, I could have done it in the moment when we was held up, instead of waiting for a chance to escape. If you can check any footage I didn't speak once throughout what happened. Just before it happened we were parked in Los Santos customs because I was fixing my car, Like I said I wasn't doing it to save anything because I had nothing to lose and in the moment, it felt like my best option but after what you said, and being out of the heat of it, I do realise it probably wasn't the correct thing to do and as I say I am sorry for that but I was just trying my best because I didn't want to ruin the RP situation that had been building up for a while by not being able to talk. I am truly sorry and I understand I probably need to give more time to give people a chance to continue if I get another chance on the Island.

Regardless of what you could have done, you did combat log moments after a firefight had occurred with your group and another. 

Surely you know of ways to communicate to people if you're having issues? 

It's also convenient that you didn't want to "sit through" the 8o'clock queue. 

If in a situation like this in future, what steps can you do to ensure people are aware you're having issues? 

I know I do understand and apologize.

In the future I would try and express my issue using  '/ME' to come to a resolve or potentially try contact someone in the Discord to help me out.
I did know about the 'ME' feature pre-ban so am disappointed I didn't try this, but there was a lot going on and I admit I panicked in the moment.

Very well. 

Please quote me the server rule you believe you broke and then explain to me in your own words what the rule means and why it's in place on our server?

I believe I broke rule C2.3 - Combat Logging:

This rule means don't leave the server when in an Roleplay situation and I think this is in place so that actions have consequences, and if you are in a bad situation you have to live with it, as your character. It's also necessary in a server like this to give continuity to storylines on a micro and macro scale. It can be exploited if not caught for example to save items from being taken or lost etc; and also to stop being caught by rivals or police.

Unban issued - Like what has been said above, you can use discord or other means of contacting people instead of disconnecting just after a firefight had started. Lets not see you back in this section of the forums.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back