What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Import Car Show - 22/05/2021 9PM

Stick3rz

The King Brothers
Import Car Meet
Powered by: Benefactor

The King's are back hosting another car show at Del Perro. This time it is focusing on the new Imports that have been
shipped into the city over the last couple of months. We'll be judging the most creative cars; the car and it's looks
will all be taken into consideration. With this there is £400000 total up for grabs being split between 3 cars.
Can't or didn't make the event? You can watch live on Joe King's Go Pro at JoeKing.live. See you there.

"Import = Cars that were added by the dev team and were not in the original GTA Game"
YPndZ4a.png

Honestly I like these cars shows, but everytime theres a car show, it ends up causing so many problems, desync extreme voip issues, and 80% of the time, server crash. I do like them but I think there should be a limit, maybe once a month max and needs to be approved by the devs or something

Honestly I like these cars shows, but everytime theres a car show, it ends up causing so many problems, desync extreme voip issues, and 80% of the time, server crash. I do like them but I think there should be a limit, maybe once a month max and needs to be approved by the devs or something
Hasn't been a car show in over a month pal. Didn't see an issue at the beach party today so not to sure what the issue is. Everyone's always asking me when the next one is, people spend a lot of money on their cars so have the right to be given a planned event to show them off. I've always been happy to discuss anything like this with the devs etc but if it's a real issue then I'm all ears if the devs to approach me about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
VOIP issues have always occurred at any event in the past. It's part of the on-going issues it has had but I think improvements have been made since. I don't think it's terrible. The event today at the beach didn't have any voice issues (other than just being quite loud, but goes to show everyone could otherwise hear each other speaking).

Last car meet Joe King done there was no server crash and I don't recall one being at the previous one before that. There was a degrade in individual client performance for some, but it wasn't impossible to work with. Those with lower spec computers will have issues but that's to be expected when more vehicles and persons are at any event in larger numbers. Although my 1070 seems to keep up still. Same could be said with the vehicle parked at the beach party today with jets flying, blimp and large number of persons - no issues.

I'm glad to see larger events are picking up and would hate to see them discouraged.

Last car meet Joe King done there was no server crash and I don't recall one being at the previous one before that. There was a degrade in individual client performance for some, but it wasn't impossible to work with
There was a car show at the Vespucci beach, on the right of the pier. Im not saying people will have bad performance because they def will, im saying the server will crash which it did last time, causing issues with RP scenarios that were present during the show. 

There was a car show at the Vespucci beach, on the right of the pier. Im not saying people will have bad performance because they def will, im saying the server will crash which it did last time, causing issues with RP scenarios that were present during the show. 
The server crashed when everyone went to Galaxy, not during the car meet

I don't think car meets should be advertised on the forums personally I'd like to see it all go through the in-game methods of getting stuff out there.

(My opinion not that of the staff team)

I don't think car meets should be advertised on the forums personally I'd like to see it all go through the in-game methods of getting stuff out there.

The problem is then we end up with the situation that happened this weekend where @Stick3rzput out plans for the car meet for yesterday, posters out on Tweedle on the week leading up to it. The beach party ended up being planned for the same date and thus he has had to cancel and move to this date. People can't always get into game on the weekday and thus some notification of an event might get missed. Plenty of advertisement is done by @Stick3rzon Tweedle, but in the nature of how it works when the server is busy a post probably is knocked down the feed in about 30 seconds. If you haven't looked at Tweedle in that time then you've missed it.

In lieu of some calendar that everyone can view, I thought this is what this section of the forum was for.

In lieu of some calendar that everyone can view, I thought this is what this section of the forum was for.
Hi I’m Teddy Wrinkle,

That’s actually a really good idea, have an app on the phone where people can add events, or (depending on how complex this is) Weazel News can sell billboard space in game to advertise events as well as business, or sell posters that work like the spray paint and you can stick them up on walls yourself.

bit of a ramble but in short I think there is something to that idea.

Teddy Wrinkle, that’s me!

Personally I see this like any other event, beach parties/fight nights/club nights and with this subsection this type of post shouldn't be a problem. I don't see anything negative in trying to reach out to as many as possible. Our first event we only used in game methods which still was a massive success but just using what is available.

Hi I’m Teddy Wrinkle,

That’s actually a really good idea, have an app on the phone where people can add events, or (depending on how complex this is) Weazel News can sell billboard space in game to advertise events as well as business, or sell posters that work like the spray paint and you can stick them up on walls yourself.

bit of a ramble but in short I think there is something to that idea.

Teddy Wrinkle, that’s me!
It is a good idea, honestly I wouldn't even see an issue with it being somewhere on the forums. Just an area that clearly shows these bigger events in it's own space would be very handy. 

People can't always get into game on the weekday and thus some notification of an event might get missed
reasons 101 Stealthee should look at my group proposal will solve this (when he has time ofc) 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back