What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Report a player - 365 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Martinez

Unlinked
Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Jay Martinez

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: 365

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 05/24/21

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 2255

What best describes this incident ?: (G1.2) Random Death Match (RDM) - Attacking another player without engaging in any form of quality roleplay is considered RDM. (eg. Giving enough time for them to comply with your order. “Put your hands up or I will shoot” and countdowns are not considered quality roleplay, please at least attempt to create an interesting roleplay story before considering violence.)

Please (in detail) describe the incident: I had just been tending to a man in the Police Front Desk just before I was going off duty for the night when I heard a man shouting in the vicinity of MRPD. I went out to investigate and was met immediately with "Put your hands up, Put your hands up". In my the rush to respond quickly to the man with a knife threatening my life I pulled my Firearm instead of my taser and began to walk away before engaging the suspect as I felt that I was at a distance far enough to put him down before he could stab me, I hadn't considered that he would be wearing armour given his lack of t-shirt or jacket. Under normal circumstances I would opt for a less lethal option of a taser but considering the poor RP and immediate danger I was in I figured that will have to do. As the clip shows he then proceeds to down me before other officers come to help and down him. Whilst he was downed he continued to shout out to everyone like everything was fine not like a man who had been shot by police multiple times. I attempted to contact him 2 times through OOC and waited for 20+ minutes for him to finish being processed and then join but he never did.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):
https://youtu.be/XH4szQWPPCc
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Jay Martinez

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: 365

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 05/24/21

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 2255

What best describes this incident ?: (G1.2) Random Death Match (RDM) - Attacking another player without engaging in any form of quality roleplay is considered RDM. (eg. Giving enough time for them to comply with your order. “Put your hands up or I will shoot” and countdowns are not considered quality roleplay, please at least attempt to create an interesting roleplay story before considering violence.)

Please (in detail) describe the incident: I had just been tending to a man in the Police Front Desk just before I was going off duty for the night when I heard a man shouting in the vicinity of MRPD. I went out to investigate and was met immediately with "Put your hands up, Put your hands up". In my the rush to respond quickly to the man with a knife threatening my life I pulled my Firearm instead of my taser and began to walk away before engaging the suspect as I felt that I was at a distance far enough to put him down before he could stab me, I hadn't considered that he would be wearing armour given his lack of t-shirt or jacket. Under normal circumstances I would opt for a less lethal option of a taser but considering the poor RP and immediate danger I was in I figured that will have to do. As the clip shows he then proceeds to down me before other officers come to help and down him. Whilst he was downed he continued to shout out to everyone like everything was fine not like a man who had been shot by police multiple times. I attempted to contact him 2 times through OOC and waited for 20+ minutes for him to finish being processed and then join but he never did.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://youtu.be/XH4szQWPPCc
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes
So, 

Throughout the video you have provided I fail to see where this claim of RDM is coming from. I see a gang member run up to you with a knife, you're in stabbing distance at all times yet you pull out a gun and begin to fire hence why he then stabs you and kills you. 

Yes, the initiation/beginning of the situation is "Put your hands up, put your hands up" but if you listen he is proceeding to give demands and progress on with the roleplay the only reason you didn't get what you feel is adequate roleplay is because you pulled out a weapon and decided to shoot. Granted he could have put a bit more effort into the initial meeting but I'd imagine due to you being outside of a police station you'd kind of expect it to be slightly rushed, them knowing the threats of engaging with you outside of said Police Station. 

What I do see & what I have mentioned before is the Failing to Value your own life, you know he's close enough to get off a stab the second he sees that gun.

In future @MeatyCoinPursewhen presented with a knife at close range don't roll around to pull a gun out, you're at a Police Station, you could have Panic Alarmed and had everyone in and around MRPD on you within seconds. Shooting is not always the answer to everything.

@DikKak Next time you initiate a situation please remember to make it fun from the get-go for everyone involved, I could tell from the urgency in your voice that you knew you had to get this off quick but if these kind of things continue then we will have to issue longer bans to make sure you learn from said mistake. Also, look out for people requesting you to TeamSpeak in the future, it will help and hopefully stop these situations leading to reports.

So, the outcome of all of this: 

@MeatyCoinPurseWill be receiving a 1 Day Ban following the Fair Ban System for Failing to Value your own life.

@DikKakWill be receiving a 2 Day Ban following the Fair Ban System for Poor Roleplay under C1.7 Common Sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your report has been dealt with, but perhaps not in the way you originally envisaged.

Whether this is beneficial or disadvantageous to you will depend entirely on the situation, and staff will have taken the most-appropriate action in the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back