What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Trucking.

SixtyTwoSixx

Lost MC
I am not a big trucker in game or anything but i went on a little adventure yesterday morning and my word Them Flat Faced Trucks are absolutely dreadful i mean this server is ran on Real world scenario's/events ect ect, But maxing out at 41mph while on a freeway is not realistic what so ever, i for one have been in a few trucks in my days IRL and not one of them EVER maxed out at 41mph with a full load i think its something that needs to be changed drastically. 

And lets be honest i rather rent trucks than rob them but literally to get a decent truck you have to break codes and end up been arrested for having some fun in trucking because the new ones are so bad and slow that its literally like watching paint dry.

@DanDan so your saying to a new player to the city "Oh just buy a new one" abit rich being honest, and also no one owns the trucking sales yet so you cant. And buying second hand like a phantom is like 500k

Last edited by a moderator:
I was under the impression the change of the hire truck to this slower one was intentional; perhaps in line with the truck shop being brought in (although no sure what's happening with that).

No idea why they made the trucks so slow. The pay isn't even that amazing so not sure why they had to nerf the trucks speed.

@DanDan so your saying to a new player to the city "Oh just buy a new one" abit rich being honest, and also no one owns the trucking sales yet so you cant. And buying second hand like a phantom is like 500k
No, I'm saying if you want to do honest work and abide the rules, it is normal that you can't get the best of the best from day 1? You gradually work your way up and get better stuff slower then when you do illegal stuff. That's how life is too, no?

No, I'm saying if you want to do honest work and abide the rules, it is normal that you can't get the best of the best from day 1? You gradually work your way up and get better stuff slower then when you do illegal stuff. That's how life is too, no?
Yea Thats fine but no truck in this world maxes out at 40mph on a motorway with a load and its just shocking thats my point, maybe dont have the best but come on thats not realistic at all.

Does seem a little low. I do like the idea of being able to buy trucks that outperform the rentals though as it promotes investment of time and effort into getting upgrades.

I can only speculate it was a balance change for income or a way to make purchasing a truck worthwhile. Given it hasn't been mentioned in the recent change logs (unless I've missed it), why not raise it as a bug to find out what the deal is either in the vehicle speed thread or general bug section? For you, best case it's an issue and gets fixed. Worst case it was intentional but you get to understand the reasoning.

https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/131163-vehicle-speed-feedback

https://www.roleplay.co.uk/forum/573-gta-rp/

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be upped to 56 to replicate reality which may also stop people stealing the bigger trucks at the dock. 

Or maybe get an expensive rental option, like 25k to rent a phantom

maybe if people didn't drive like twats with trucks the speed wouldn't have been nerfed

Can confirm, my NHS guy has scraped his fair share of truck victims off the ground!
packers are the musket of trucks

Cheap and dangerous the amount of times people used them as a weapon and police have no choice but to shoot the wheels

Back