What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

GTA Server

RES Darragh

Will there be a second GTA RP server in the future, or extended player slots on the current one, as it is very hard to get playing on the current one, the ques are very long and takes too long to get on, been like this all week.

Been asked before, told won't be another server as will just be used to farm on with very little resistance, slots are being expanded where the Dev team feel it won't break the server.

Just have to wait in the queue, more popular it gets the more people want to get in, used to have a queue of 50 when there was 100 slots now there's 150 queue with 235 slots 

Been asked before, told won't be another server as will just be used to farm on with very little resistance, slots are being expanded where the Dev team feel it won't break the server.

Just have to wait in the queue, more popular it gets the more people want to get in, used to have a queue of 50 when there was 100 slots now there's 150 queue with 235 slots 
Thanks for the info. 👍

This is taking the P though, queuing for nearly 3 hours to get into the server. Something needs to be done. 

This is taking the P though, queuing for nearly 3 hours to get into the server. Something needs to be done. 
i mean, sizes are being increased slowly, nothing much else can be done?

You have to realize that the development team is already pushing the server to its limits. If you think about it how many games have around 200+ players on in one game? The fact they pushed 128 player limit is stupid. The new battlefield now is rumoured to have lobbies of 256. And there are already 235 players on the FiveM server now. Its pretty darn impressive. I understand your frustration however the technology isn't here yet to support such levels of slots without a large amount of desync

For me I get the frustration. Hurts coming back from work and missing the chance to get in. Despite this though, the feeling of a full server from the start of the evening through to the early hours is great. I don't always get to be on it, but when I do, it's worth it.

I share similar views with others, which is people will still queue to get into the primary, and we'd end up with a low pop second one that allows people to avoid worrying about police and other things that would cause balancing issues. With a server that has roles / jobs that feed into or counter one another, a consistently high population is important. Not sure we have the numbers to split across two unfortunately...

I share similar views with others, which is people will still queue to get into the primary, and we'd end up with a low pop second one that allows people to avoid worrying about police and other things that would cause balancing issues. With a server that has roles / jobs that feed into or counter one another, a consistently high population is important. Not sure we have the numbers to split across two unfortunately...
It's not even just this. The scripts that are on the server right now are designed for use on a single server. Things like the car shops, regular shops etc just wouldn't work across multiple shops. I believe the example was bought up before of going to buy a car, going to get the money out, and by the time you come back someone else on the other server has already bought the car.

Also things like the gangs, how can a ~35 man gang split up it's leadership between two servers, and stay consistent between them. Say the members on server 1 wanted to attack another gang, what would the gang on server 2 do? Nothing? Or would they also attack for seemingly no reason?

Depends on the queue, and the time you join that queue. 

Best bet is monitoring #gta-fivem-status for it to say it is now starting. Be on the FiveM menu ready to connect, then the moment Discord says "RPUK FiveM is ready for connections connect by pressing F8 and entering connect xaamj5" - Then do exactly that.

It's quite easy to get in without queuing by watching the server status channel on Discord. If server connections go up I think a lot of people will have PC trouble trying to cope with a lot of people in one area. Even now with over 200 I get a few stutters here and there when there is a lot of people around.

Back