What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Report a player - 13 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Movin

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Movin Dagos

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: 13

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 06/16/21

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 1735

What best describes this incident ?: (1.5) Combat logging

Please (in detail) describe the incident: A person we put in a car decided to combat log inside my car during a RP scenario after being shot in the head due to AFK, since he was not going to comply.

My gang member tried to resolve it with him but he stated and said he chose a new life during RP which is a lie.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhnHyGRXc7w
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Hello there and thank you for submitting a player report.

From what I can see in the video, the person in question that combat logged during this scenario (ID:13) is Devin Floyd.

I'll give Devin Floyd 24 hours to respond to this report to explain himself.

pretty pissed off as the only reason i was killed was because of one of their members metagaming us killing them, we had killed a member of their group off and he has respawned and joined his group in chasing and hunting us down for revenge, does not excuse the fact i alt f4'd though after us being killed off my pal spoke with the member who was executed and asked for his side of events, he proceeded to state how he managed to callout that he was being shot even though we have evidence to show this isnt the truth, we did hope he was truthful with what he said until movin here decided to upload his side of events and we realised he had just been sat blatantly lying to us, somehow his members found out:

how he was downed
who downed him
and the fact he had been taken away to be killed off

im not excusing the fact i alt f4'd but i am giving the reason behind it, i obviously deserve to be punished for my wrongdoings but feel if i were to make a report for what they done it would be classed as revenge reporting

pretty pissed off as the only reason i was killed was because of one of their members metagaming us killing them, we had killed a member of their group off and he has respawned and joined his group in chasing and hunting us down for revenge, does not excuse the fact i alt f4'd though after us being killed off my pal spoke with the member who was executed and asked for his side of events, he proceeded to state how he managed to callout that he was being shot even though we have evidence to show this isn't the truth, we did hope he was truthful with what he said until movin here decided to upload his side of events and we realised he had just been sat blatantly lying to us, somehow his members found out:

how he was downed
who downed him
and the fact he had been taken away to be killed off

im not excusing the fact i alt f4'd but i am giving the reason behind it, i obviously deserve to be punished for my wrongdoings but feel if i were to make a report for what they done it would be classed as revenge reporting
This report is about the situation we had from the recording and yes, it does not excuse the combat log so lets stick to this topic, if you have a problem with a different time frame please feel free to report it by making another post.

Hi,

I know this report is about the CL - But I just want to clarify the point where I was mentioned

I was involved in the situation, and I'm going to be honest, I'm a little disappointed that its come to this again, despite what I thought we resolved in the TeamSpeak call earlier;

You were made aware of the following by myself;

1. I stated to the Gang in Radio chat after the minor altercation near Legion that I was side-tracking off the main scenario to follow yourselves in the Black Skyline, at this point, I was constantly radio-ing my location to them at which point you then shot me, at that point, my radio went dead

2. I followed NLR on new life, and stated to my fellow gang members that I've woken up in the city, with no recollection of previous events, and then proceeded to recover my car and items etc etc 

3.  After my gang had alerted me to the situation and that there was an ongoing pursuit of your vehicle, I then came in as backup to provide numbers and also to assist with the situation

When your friend asked me why I was taking you as hostage, I clearly said to you that I was acting/following orders. I would have guessed that the only reason they knew that you shot me was because you had shot me out of my vehicle which was left abandoned in the middle of the road, and that leaves blood/bullet holes potentially, but there were absolutely ZERO communications to leverage that, I know there are eyes watching at all times and to do that would be foolish, all that was said to the gang was that I woke up, with my pockets empty, and no recollection of previous events

Your friend had also asked me in the TS Liaison if I used Discord to communicate, which I told him, we only communicate in game via radio, if I'm dead, I can't radio, its that simple, so theres no was of that potentially happening, I'm kinda getting the idea that maybe you wanted this to be meta gaming and therefore pursued it?

The thing that also is weird too is that when I asked you in Liaison: “Did your friend disconnect or did he respawn” , you told me he respawned and took the loss, so that’s pretty disappointing too

Hopefully the Liaison was recorded, because I'm sure that will clarify a lot of the reasoning behind these things that you are mentioning, but throwing out meaningless accusations just makes it harder for everyone else, so why do that?

I again, am happy to be present in TeamSpeak for another Liaison, however, I would like Staff to be present this time, as a mediation point and so its on the record properly, if there is anything further you would like from me, I would rather it be taken out of this report, I try to take my RP very seriously since becoming more involved with on-going events and groups and to throw metagaming towards myself is not appreciated, as not only does it affect my image, it then affects those around me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there and thank you for the replies. 

From what I can see / read, I see that there is a lot of tension in this situation from this incident and a previous one.

I can understand that you are frustrated, everyone get's frustrated once in a while. However, that does not excuse you whatsoever from pulling the plug and combat logging when there was also a proper roleplaying scenario being provided. 

I don't care about what happened earlier, as this player report is strictly about you combat logging and not other previous events that occurred.

If you feel there has been a rule break in a previous situation, you will have to fill a report yourself. If you are unsure if it would be seen as a revenge report or are afraid that it might be seen as that, you can always jump on TeamSpeak in the JFS Rooms and ask a member of staff there for their opinion or open a ticket on Discord.

@KallumWhat would you do next time when you find yourself in a similar situation like this, Would you just ALT+F4 again?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Masis i can tell you out of all the time ive spent on here this is something completely out of my nature but in this moment frustration got the better of me as i had went afk for a couple of minutes just to come back dead, my friend at the time was pleading for them to wait no more than 2 minutes but they wanted me dead anyway, i legit came back to my pc with only 30 seconds gone on my 5 minute respawn timer which pissed me right off especially when i tried my hardest to get back in time after receiving multiple phonecalls irl off my pal to get me back in time, after being reminded by my friend that combat logging is a perm offence i appreciate the fact you have even bothered to have given me a chance to explain myself. Should i encounter a scenario like this again which i surely will and have already on multiple occasions i would do the right thing and not ruin the immersion for the others involved by just logging off there and then, sorry for the inconvenience.

@Masis i can tell you out of all the time ive spent on here this is something completely out of my nature but in this moment frustration got the better of me as i had went afk for a couple of minutes just to come back dead, my friend at the time was pleading for them to wait no more than 2 minutes but they wanted me dead anyway, i legit came back to my pc with only 30 seconds gone on my 5 minute respawn timer which pissed me right off especially when i tried my hardest to get back in time after receiving multiple phonecalls irl off my pal to get me back in time, after being reminded by my friend that combat logging is a perm offence i appreciate the fact you have even bothered to have given me a chance to explain myself. Should i encounter a scenario like this again which i surely will and have already on multiple occasions i would do the right thing and not ruin the immersion for the others involved by just logging off there and then, sorry for the inconvenience.
You mention to care about the situation yet you proceed to dig deeper into assuming we meta-gamed, you also told my friend that you chose a new life after the incident happened. Im guessing the reason why you combat logged was because you had valuable items on you, yet again choosing a new life or combat logging doesn't help the situation.

Kallum, 

This is not your first offence on our server, and perhaps unfamiliarity with our rules is leading to a repeating pattern of behaviour. 
Ordinarily combat logging follows a perm ban requiring appeal. This allows us to choose the best course of action moving forward with what happens to your character and check in that you understand that what you did was wrong. 

Clearly you have a grasp that you broke the rules. As Masis indicated, just because you felt a rule was broken against you, does not give you the right to break rules to suit your needs/benefits. 
I have placed a 7 day ban in line with the fair bans system. (Where normally this would be a perm) and will instruct the team to wipe all items on your character "Devin Floyd". 
Hopefully this serves as enough of a lesson to you that this behaviour will not be repeated and I would like to take the opportunity to remind you that further rule breaks within a 6 month period will result in a permanent ban in line with the Fair Bans System. 

In effect, you have used up your chances. 

Thank you for doing your part in keeping the community clean.

Your report has been approved and action has been taken against the reported player.

If you are out of pocket due to this case please now open a compensation request here, Do make sure to mention this report.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back