What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Unban Appeal - BandoSetting834 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BandoSetting834

Unban Appeal for BandoSetting834 

In-game Name: Billy Kray

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198157580448

Ban ID: rpuk#4298

Reason given for your ban: C 1.2

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: Use of discriminatory language, called a group of people nonces.

Why should we unban you ?: Prior to this ban, I was unaware that the term Nonce was actually discriminatory. It is used as a term for banter around England though I know the danger it can cause if taken seriously. Now that I am aware that this is discriminatory, I have no issue in restricting certain terms which would be seen as offensive or discriminative.
Thank you.

edit* I was banned for 24 hours, this has now turned permanent, my first ban and it is permanent because I called a group of 18-20 year olds nonces? Bit over the top considering it’s my first ban lmao

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
@BandoSetting834It's not really over the top. You were using the Out Of Character chat to call them this. As much as the term may be thrown around as 'banter', used in an OOC way against someone can be quite damaging to them.

Why did you decide to call the Paramedic this twice in sidechat?

I didn’t call the paramedics this? It was literally people who had stolen the ambulance and taken me hostage after running me over, I’m not sure who it was but an admin confirmed that it was stolen. I do understand the seriousness and consequences it can cause, though I wasn’t aware at the time that 1, stealing an ambulance was an offence and 2 that the term was discriminatory.

The comment came after being told ‘this isn’t your usual ambulance’ connoting whatever comes to mind, it was in roleplay though I spoke in Ooc purely because I was dead and at the time I didn’t know stealing an ambulance was not allowed.

I’m not 100% sure where you got it from that I called the PARAMEDICS nonces, it wasn’t paramedics, it was like 4 blokes who had stolen the ambulance and ran me over, thank you for your time and I hope we can come to terms with the events here, have a nice night.

Quote me the rule you broke from our rules page.

Explain why you think its in place and also explain why you think its a permanent ban for something like this. 

I broke the rule C 1.2 ; 

(C1.2) Discrimination - Do not express discriminatory or otherwise offensive views. This is no place for racism, religious hatred, ageism, sexism, homophobia, gender or disability discrimination. - Permanent ban.

the rule is their to ensure ( even as a joke) that nobody feels as though they are being insulted due to personal things such as race or sex etc.  If found to be discriminative to other players I agree with the permanent ban as I personally don’t feel it’s something that should be tolerated at all. 

thank you.

I broke the rule C 1.2 ; 

(C1.2) Discrimination - Do not express discriminatory or otherwise offensive views. This is no place for racism, religious hatred, ageism, sexism, homophobia, gender or disability discrimination. - Permanent ban.

the rule is their to ensure ( even as a joke) that nobody feels as though they are being insulted due to personal things such as race or sex etc.  If found to be discriminative to other players I agree with the permanent ban as I personally don’t feel it’s something that should be tolerated at all. 

thank you.
So, you clearly understand the rule. I would hope you also know what "nonce" means.

If so, how come you didn't connect the two? Why would you think using the words is okay if you understand the rule and the meaning of the word?
Is this a word you often throw around?

Quite frankly your messages so far doesn't really convince me you actually see why we take this word quite seriously, but more that you are just trying to pretend that is the case, so this is your chance to prove me otherwise.

Because as I have already said I was not aware that the term is actually discriminatory, As most other people will say. Upon learning that the term is actually discriminatory, as already stated, I have no issues with changing my language. I have also asked a few random people and they didn’t think that the term nonce was discriminatory. 

Furthermore, I have already said it isn’t something I throw around, the people who stole an ambulance said to me this isn’t your usual ambulance ( connoting sexual things) in which I replied by calling them a nonce. I hope you understand that this isn’t language I usually use, though in the roleplay it felt as though it was that sort of situation. 
 I have stated why the rule is in place and also the repercussions of it being taken in the wrong way; however you would see why I said it in my previous replies.

In response to your last paragraph, how am I pretending that this is the case? If you read I stated that I was not actually aware that the term is DISCRIMINATORY, I am aware of the seriousness of the word as already stated, I’m not uneducated I know the danger of the word. However without knowing the term is discriminatory, how am I meant to know otherwise? I made a mistake in which I have found out that the term is discriminatory, I’m 18 I’m not 8 I am able to control myself and not say a specific word much like I don’t say many others? This isn’t a case of me trying to convince you, when I have stated that I was unaware the term was discriminatory, and have now learnt that it is, why do you not feel as though I can’t say a word after learning it is discriminatory?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, i am going to trust you are grown up enough to control what you say. You may ask 100 people online if they find something offensive and 99 might answer no but maybe 1 out the the 100 would. We are here to protect and ensure that 1 can always play in a safe environment. Your saying you did it within RP however you typing it in OOC clearly is not "in character" is it. Either way.. i am trusting nothing like this to happen again. 

I will be unbanning you as of now. Please control what you say.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back