What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Some questions about police chases and robberies

Pikle Juse

Yo! I was just wondering how police normally do chases on this server. Me and my friends was just doing a LifeInvader robbery with a hostage, plan and all that kinda shit. We were originally planning to be 3 people so we brought a shitty 4-door, and was later in the chase planning to switch to 2 2-doors. We started with the shitty local car because we wanted a cool and long chase. When we got out and started driving I was kinda surprised to see the cops ramming after about 30 seconds of driving, we hit several locals and a player as a result of the police pitting us. I don't know, it just felt like no rp was involved at all. Just ramming and pitting to stop us as soon as possible. Some guy I talked to in rp said that they did this just because it was the lifeinvader robbery. Is that true? If thats just how LifeInvader robberies are its understandable couse then we'll just start bringing Sportscars to the Lifeinvader robbery. Also found it a bit wierd that no cop said anything to me while I was being put in jail. Just got searched, asked for my name and sent to prison. Did not hear what I got charged for, how much time I got or anything. if thats how it is in this sever thats okey but It all just felt like a gta online sesh tbh... I had a blast in Prison and did a Prison Escape so had good time anyways🙂

So my questions are basically: How long does it take police to get aggressive and start pitting normally, and do they pit regardless of their surroundings? And also, can police track your licenseplate? Like is it dumb to do robberies with your own car in this city? sry if I ask some dumb questions.

Police usually need to get authorisation to TC "Tactical contact"  your vehicle, and depending on the situation that will be authorised or not. Since i think you guys had guns on that robbery "TC" was granted almost instantly. Normally cops will chase you for a while but if your driving dangerously ect they will get TC authorisation and then try to stop your vehicle.

In the interest of RP, if criminals that are known to have weapons (guns) would you going full speed and charging at them and ramming in to them be the smartest move without the risk of being potentially shot and endangering your own life? I'd just assume police would hold off or keep a distance deemed safe. We also did life invader yesterday and the police were not as hostile in charging us full speed and we escaped in a local Sultan, but i'm not trained enough as a police to fully understand any of that. 

I think police re-education is really important as many officers do not really care about RP but only win also they have to be more realistic when arresting people .

We were at war and one of my guy just got stopped and got arrested for no-reason at all , later to find out he had an expired warrant and they had no rights to stop and search him.

Video link on how to arrest people lol :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z0s9sHtMm0&ab_channel=mobilais1

Like this is fucking crazy , not the 1st time had many cases during the war my guy would kill some of the other parties and they would wait until he is downed then go search him lol

I understand is not always easy but when in situation like above ( Robberies / Wars / Good RP hostage situation ) I really think a re-thinking of RP should be done by all and again a re-education on how to arrest people etc. should be done.

Above is my opinion no personal feelings , hope you all understand.

Hamza

• Love
Reactions: xen
I don't share the view that TC is given just because you have weapons. I've heard several times TC authorisation be asked for and get denied, as it is based primarily on the environment around you in terms of risk. Whoever is leading the chase from the police side is constantly calling out the risk level in their pursuit commentary on radio, so that when asking for authorisation, the situation can be assessed by the sargeant.

I haven't been involved in too many big situations, but my experience has been that it's not an immediate thing usually. In this case with many pedestrians around in the middle of a busy city, it doesn't sound like it should have been given. Perhaps a traffic cop or senior who has been trained can comment on it more accurately though.

@JustHamzaPK I totally get where you are coming from and its something I've seen from both perspectives, both civilian and police, during the last 15 ish months of playing on the FiveM server. 

But I do think there is some more nuance required than just essentially saying "police = bad".

The general RP quality on the server definitely isn't at an all time high and there a multiple factors contributing to that. Now one of those factors is the police. But on the other side of the coin you have the gangs and criminals who have similar flaws as the police. What you then end up with is a vicious circle of:

1. Police get frustrated at low quality RP and put less effort in future RP 
  2. Criminals get frustrated at low quality RP and put less effort in future RP 
  3. Police get frustrated at low quality RP and put less effort in future RP 
  4. Criminals get frustrated at low quality RP and put less effort in future RP 
  5. and on and on it goes

Now complaining is all well and good but what's really relevant is how to stop this circle as it certainly won't get better by itself, however that's the tough bit isn't it and I for one don't have any easy solutions.

I can agree but the thing is for Criminals .Police is too hard and always goes the extra mile to win which if you think about it people grind to get weapons etc. where police is bit easier to get. I am not saying they should let the criminals go but there has to be a balance to have people on both sides. It makes it more fun and hostage situations I personally was involved in one where we had 4+ cops hostage asked for weapons/ money the cop said only 6 or 2 of us are in the city not sure what do you want me to do... this is a while ago and put me of on doing big hostage taking etc as it looks like people care more about winning then actual RP.

Yes the quality of RP is bad atm but it can only get better if more and more people especially the whitelisted fractions do their part of doing RP and not only thinking about winning always.  

This is what I think again I mean no disrespect or pointing fingers at no-one but people should value life a bit more .

Hamza

@JustHamzaPK I totally get where you are coming from and its something I've seen from both perspectives, both civilian and police, during the last 15 ish months of playing on the FiveM server. 

But I do think there is some more nuance required than just essentially saying "police = bad".

The general RP quality on the server definitely isn't at an all time high and there a multiple factors contributing to that. Now one of those factors is the police. But on the other side of the coin you have the gangs and criminals who have similar flaws as the police. What you then end up with is a vicious circle of:

5. and on and on it goes

Now complaining is all well and good but what's really relevant is how to stop this circle as it certainly won't get better by itself, however that's the tough bit isn't it and I for one don't have any easy solutions.
Unfortunately, as much as I agree @Alfred Wilson, I'd argue that being a member of a Whitelisted Faction, you're expected to give good Roleplay, no matter what.

Accepting to lose is a very difficult thing sometimes, but as someone whos gear costs literally nothing to the person buying it, IMO police should be happier to lose, more often.

I honestly believe change is needed since the quality of situations is rapidly declining, both parties are defiantly to blame for this.

As someone who plays only as cop on this island, i really think this shit with ramming cars straight away is sooo shit and off putting. However with the current vehicle speeds there is no chance in catching anything at all, so these lengthy fun pursuits rarely occur.

The solution to this problem in my opinion is quite simple, reduce cars speed and make them balanced for all parties. Obviously this needs to be fair and not completely ruin all these prestigious sport cars, but just overall have everything more balanced and then we can get fun chases as we did on Altis all the time.

Now onto the change for police, i believe that police should have a rule put in place that we are not able to make tactical contact straight away. Now this could be done with a rule stating we can't tactical contact until the pursuit has taken place for at least 5 minutes.

Okay here we go.

Before i begin i just want to say there is a high chance of spellings / grammars or other English related mistakes i am sorry about that. I think my the message is clear but as mentioned theres a chance some things may not be understandable and for that i am sorry.

How long does it take police to get aggressive and start pitting normally, and do they pit regardless of their surroundings? And also, can police track your licenseplate? Like is it dumb to do robberies with your own car in this city? sry if I ask some dumb questions.
In regards to the actual point of the topic.

To begin with its not a dumb questions and is something people may want to know, In regards to TC (PIT) its is all situational based and different SGTS+ may authorise it at different times under there individual criteria + general risk assessment. Its is common practice that TC is made during high risk pursuits which can range from active shooters to hostage takings to dangerous driving UNDER low - moderate speeds / pedestrian density and traffic. For obvious reasons this may not always be the case and as mentioned it is situational based. There has been times where we have TC vehicles that we know are gonna out run us in an attempt to stop said suspect. (This is usually done when the person has proven he or she is a danger / poses a threat or have a high risk warrant). 

With everything else you are gonna have to find out in RP.

Now to the argument police have to win. Which many people have nicely brought up with this topic.

To begin with Police lose a lot at times from pursuits to shootings due to the weaponry or / and vehicles being used in addition to some game mechanics such as robbing shops and being able to the leave the scene and still rob the place. Stuff like that so to make it clear police do lose a lot of situations.

Now What usually kick starts this argument in individuals not accepting to lose, Any officer or anyone who have played as police can tell you for a fact players never want to loose situations, there has been a variety of times where we have been in a pursuit, persons crashed, officers aims tasers and/or guns at the person. person ditches car, starts running, leads to shooting. This happens so frequently that its now just common practice to have a firearm ready. So i would like to ask how are we wanting to win when not only we lose a lot of the times but people do anything in there power to just run and win. Want another example people continuing to run even when realistically they shouldn't be such as crashing at 150MPH just to get out and run like nothing happened. Another example people screaming on the top of there lungs i have a heart condition while running away from police i am yet to personally see a real life video of a person screaming i have a heart condition while running. This is just a few RP situations we get into and yet all it seems like is a terrible excuses in an attempt to run away and terrible RP in general.

Want another example here we go the bloody leaflet excuses. It has been told to me both as police and when I am civ to just use the leaflet excuses. I first seen it in traids and i believe It was started by triads in the early days but have now just became universal cheap excuses. I have done many drugs bust and every bloody time i hear "am only selling leaflets / am only passing leaflets" Now for reference rather then using the excuses PoLiCe WaNt To WiN" think about the amount of times police are told this and have turned from a valid and reasonable excuses to literally just another way to say am selling drugs. You want police to start accepting Roleplay make interesting RP situations and excuses and police will more likely to accept said reason. Because some people may not be able to think of some here's just a few I've either done or encountered:

• Homeless person asking for money
  • Music show (Similar to what you seen in cities where people pay to listen to music)
  • YouTube challenge
  • Charity collections
  • Give foods to the homeless

Here are a few and overall ITS A ROLEPALY SERVER be creative, You will notice if you give police creative stories and something that is both realistic and unique you are far more likely for the RP story to be accepted rather then using generic and boring ones. This is the prime example of police denying RP rather then rewarding it to people using the leaflet excuses. End of the day as police we "should" want to RP and talk but at the same time give us generic stories we are more likely gonna turn it down cause like you can tell its just boring for both sides.

Another comment i would like to make is linking to this.

Long story short; police will shut you down instantly and do everything to win here, sadly you won't get any meaningful RP or chases. Police are the biggest gang in the city.

Good luck 😉
How does this help, Seriously tell me how this helps us. In addition to this it annoys the hell out of me when people WHO ARE NOT LSPS comment on this like they know everything we do / why we do it and the reasons behind this. Yes we use realistic elements but how we do it is different due to the nature of the server. But no people lose situations "police must win the situation" This argument has been made from the begging of time and is just an excuses for people to win.

To make this clear cause something already tells me someone gonna get the feelings hurt i DO agree changes are needed however BOTH sides are to blame and it is not just police want to win all time there are circumstances where police win same as there are situations police lose. If you want this to change then the server needs to change.

Here are a few PERSONAL Ideas:

• Add person damage so when high speeds crashes occur they are FORCED into Roleplaying it while also providing risk when people go 200 MPH making pursuits more enjoyable for both sides
  • Limit guns so not only does it become more British focus but also to get cops out of this mindset of having guns ready or be killed further allowing more RP opportunities and lower the amount of situations that just end in a gunfight.
  • Create RP situations that are interesting for both sides rather then just  the generic stuff like shop robberies or pursuits. Be creative and create situations for everyone
  • Add additional police and server rules to combat this allowing for stricter restrictions but at the same time large amount of flexibility.
  • Make all cars speed limit range from 200 or bellow and balance the police vehicles & civ vehicles so TCs are not required in order to give police a chance and create "Dynamic pursuits"
  • Give both police and civs more to do
  • Make the server more balance so it helps remove this mentality.

For reference i understand am talking from a POLICE stand point and some may agree or disagree but end of the day at least i can say am trying to help rather then just screaming police need to learn how to lose.

ANY MORE IMPORTANTLY THE AGREEMENT THAT EVERYONE ON THE SERVER ACCEPT THE FACT THEY MAY LOSE SITUATIONS WHETHER THATS GANGS / POLICE / MEDICS / CIVS

For reference as you can probably tell i am giving my personal opinion and am sure a few may agree OTHERS disagree but i think we can all agree that not only does RP standards need to be higher but everyone needs to accepted defeat at times.

How does this help, Seriously tell me how this helps us. In addition to this it annoys the hell out of me when people WHO ARE NOT LSPS comment on this like they know everything we do / why we do it and the reasons behind this. Yes we use realistic elements but how we do it is different due to the nature of the server. But no people lose situations "police must win the situation" This argument has been made from the begging of time and is just an excuses for people to win..
Since I was mentioned I'll touch on my comment. I'm purely speaking from personal experiences on this one mate and I'm sure a ton of people can agree to my statement.
the ones forcing to win every situation know who they are and I've left this server few weeks ago due to the continuous actions of certain police officers, a couple quick examples are;

1. certain individual(s) (including staff cop) were searching hospitals with the whole police force (heli, interceptors etc.) 31 minutes after an incident on the whole other side of the map in paleto they stormed into the roomas I were getting up from the bed, - I was arrested and was told I was matching the description, subsequently tazed & killed during handcuffing by the exact same officers who were downed 31 minutes earlier and we escaped, I suspect this were because they got clowned on scene and despite being shot in the head and NLR they somehow remembered that one of us were downed plus our description, amazing police work.

2. I've attempted to kidnap 2 officers in their own car during a shop robbery and during our attempted getaway with a police helicopter on top of us we quickly stop to repair the vehicle for the long escape ahead and straight after we get on the road I am intentionally full-frontal rammed by incoming police which destroyed the police vehicle we managed to drive a couple hundred meters and with nowhere to go another extra 10 officers show up to the situation as well even long after we were downed by the mass amount of officers on us.

3. I've attempted to kidnap several officers during late hours and stood my ground against a panic alarm being sounded with 7+ police officers showing up (not to mention cops show up in a stolen personal vehicle attained from the ballas in an incident earlier in the night) all cops were downed, all taken individually into 3 seperate cars and all of them respawn on us on the way to the hospital with them.

4. Same story as above, attempted to kidnap a bunch of cops (about 5+) which were all killed in the process due to hitting their panic alarm(s), bunch of them respawned but we managed to transport 2 of them and took them to pillbox planning to hold off the hospital with 2 officers being resuscitated inside & what do you know, - 3 officers (1 with special carbine) all breaking NLR as they were just downed briefly before they show up to the hospital all 3 gets clowned & downed and we ask them how they know we are at the hospital and get met with they got a dispatch? we decide to ditch the two officers in the hospital due to heat and place the 3 officers that broke NLR outside into vehicles to rob them instead and surprise, surprise they all respawn on us. Overall 10/10 experience.

I also want to point out that there's a few certain cops that do a good job in providing quality RP and playing along but there's surely a lot who just play to win and y'all know who you are, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Since I was mentioned I'll touch on my comment. I'm purely speaking from personal experiences on this one mate and I'm sure a ton of people can agree to my statement.
the ones forcing to win every situation know who they are and I've left this server few weeks ago due to the continuous actions of certain police officers, a couple quick examples are;

1. certain individual(s) (including staff cop) were searching hospitals with the whole police force (heli, interceptors etc.) 31 minutes after an incident on the whole other side of the map in paleto they stormed into the roomas I were getting up from the bed, - I was arrested and was told I was matching the description, subsequently tazed & killed during handcuffing by the exact same officers who were downed 31 minutes earlier and we escaped, I suspect this were because they got clowned on scene and despite being shot in the head and NLR they somehow remembered that one of us were downed plus our description, amazing police work.

2. I've attempted to kidnap 2 officers in their own car during a shop robbery and during our attempted getaway with a police helicopter on top of us we quickly stop to repair the vehicle for the long escape ahead and straight after we get on the road I am intentionally full-frontal rammed by incoming police which destroyed the police vehicle we managed to drive a couple hundred meters and with nowhere to go another extra 10 officers show up to the situation as well even long after we were downed by the mass amount of officers on us.

3. I've attempted to kidnap several officers during late hours and stood my ground against a panic alarm being sounded with 7+ police officers showing up (not to mention cops show up in a stolen personal vehicle attained from the ballas in an incident earlier in the night) all cops were downed, all taken individually into 3 seperate cars and all of them respawn on us on the way to the hospital with them.

4. Same story as above, attempted to kidnap a bunch of cops (about 5+) which were all killed in the process due to hitting their panic alarm(s), bunch of them respawned but we managed to transport 2 of them and took them to pillbox planning to hold off the hospital with 2 officers being resuscitated inside & what do you know, - 3 officers (1 with special carbine) all breaking NLR as they were just downed briefly before they show up to the hospital all 3 gets clowned & downed and we ask them how they know we are at the hospital and get met with they got a dispatch? we decide to ditch the two officers in the hospital due to heat and place the 3 officers that broke NLR outside into vehicles to rob them instead and surprise, surprise they all respawn on us. Overall 10/10 experience.

I also want to point out that there's a few certain cops that do a good job in providing quality RP and playing along but there's surely a lot who just play to win and y'all know who you are, you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Fair enough mate and am sorry to hear you have had bad experiences however as mentioned in my original post, Simply saying

Long story short; police will shut you down instantly and do everything to win here, sadly you won't get any meaningful RP or chases. Police are the biggest gang in the city.

Good luck 😉
Doesn't help anyone and if you had been a bit more descriptive in the original post it would have been better rather then leave it to seem like you were saying all cops are terrible and as i mentioned before in my previous post all sides are to blame for the RP standards and balance.

As someone who plays only as cop on this island, i really think this shit with ramming cars straight away is sooo shit and off putting. However with the current vehicle speeds there is no chance in catching anything at all, so these lengthy fun pursuits rarely occur.
Thats what I've heard aswell. Chases being cut short by crims using crazy fast cars. Thats why me and my friends chose a slow car to start with, then we were gonna switch to Comets wich tops out at about 120 I think. So the chase would still be a challange after the switch.

I thought maybe the police would be happy to see someone that actually wants a good chase and not someone who just want the usb thingy. But as I've already said, that was not the case. We started off making a lot of turns because we had a slower car. This kept them away from us for around a minute. Then we drove onto a straight where the police cars are much faster. After about 10 seconds on the straight a police car caught up and did an instant pit. It felt like did not want a chase at all. And that might actaully be the case tbh.

The cops might have experienced the situation different though.

5. and on and on it goes

Thats whats kinda wierd to me. I'm not the best at rp. I'm gonna be completly honest. I'm not a great "actor" but I try my best in rp situations. I interacted with about 6 officers during my robbery, chase and arrest. The first guy, who was doing the negotiation, was the only who actually seemed intrested in the rp situiation. When I tried talking or rping with the 4-5 other officers it just seemed like they could'nt be bothered rping back. As i said in my original post, it could just as well be gta online, it felt like a bunch of npcs escorting me around. They guy who cought me just handcuffed me placed me in his car and drove me to the police station. Not a single word exchanged. No reeding of rights (if thats a thing here), nothing. My arresting officer then asked for my name, and I was sent to prison for 600 months. That was my whole interaction with the police.

All the other rping me and my friend did, like: get money by selling drugs, buy guns, get cars, get info, was perfect. Even after being put in prison I had my best rp experince I've ever had. The only place that was really lacking rp, was the police interactions.

Now with that said, I've learned from this post and your comments that police are having a hard time as well. So their bad rp in my case is understandable. But if I would'nt have opened this topic and seen your comments I would not play again. No way. And thats not very good. that means that new players like me, that want to participate in some good quality rp, stop playing because they don't know the backstory to why the rp is low atm. So yeah, thank you for showing me:)

I have to say doe that 3 of the hostages we were trying to take did some cheese shit to get out of the situiation, so it's clear that alot of the crims can't be bothered with rp as well.

I first seen it in traids and i believe It was started by triads in the early days but have now just became universal cheap excuses.
I actually made Leaflets. For the Triads. when we started calling ourselves The Rapid Intervention Against Drugs Scheme. 

ik8NRIn.png

WtIqwnQ.png

I actually made Leaflets. For the Triads. when we started calling ourselves The Rapid Intervention Against Drugs Scheme. 
Fair play mate ill give yas that HOWEVER i hope you can understand how this excuses has wide use and has got to the point of a joke now. There are other RP reasons for selling drugs available. My main point in the who thing was to set out that BOTH sides are to blame for the RP standards and they do need improving in addition to put a few SUGGESTIONS. For me the leaflet excuses has been use that much it has ruined it as a reason and instead been hijacked by other players leading to the reason why police are denying it which is a shame but as the old saying goes abuse it lose it.

Just to further this is something i did miss when people went out of their way to make documents. Although i understand why people don't. RP is RP make something out of it end of the day i don't think anyone comes onto the server with the mindset "I want to complain / not have fun and take everything personally". Theses are the RP situations the police properly wants.  Unique stuff like this although the leaflet excuses has been ruined (In my opinion) it always worth a try.

But as i said before people really do need to learn to lose situations at times rather then complaining whether that be ingame / forums / discord / twitch streams the lot.

Here are a few PERSONAL Ideas:

• 1: Add person damage so when high speeds crashes occur they are FORCED into Roleplaying it while also providing risk when people go 200 MPH making pursuits more enjoyable for both sides
  • 2: Limit guns so not only does it become more British focus but also to get cops out of this mindset of having guns ready or be killed further allowing more RP opportunities and lower the amount of situations that just end in a gunfight.
  • 3: Create RP situations that are interesting for both sides rather then just  the generic stuff like shop robberies or pursuits. Be creative and create situations for everyone
  • 4: Add additional police and server rules to combat this allowing for stricter restrictions but at the same time large amount of flexibility.
  • 5: Make all cars speed limit range from 200 or bellow and balance the police vehicles & civ vehicles so TCs are not required in order to give police a chance and create "Dynamic pursuits"
  • 6: Give both police and civs more to do
  • 7: Make the server more balance so it helps remove this mentality.
1: That would be sick. Don't know how they would do this, but just making the person run slower would help a lot I think. I think crims find it hard just giving up in the heat of the moment after they've crashed. A mechanic like the person damage would be sick.

2: I don't think this would work on this server. I will elaborate on point 6!

3: Agree, talk more about this on point 6.

4: I don't have enough experience to comment on this one haha

5: Cars that go 200 mph should not be a thing you can get your hands on easily. A couple cars being 150 mph+, sure. But they should be rare or expensive or only given to certain people. imo normal sports cars and police cars should not go faster than 130-140. If a chase's going 160 mph I feel like it removes a lot of skill and and who "wins" is up to a lot of rng. Hard to have a controlled rp situation when you're flying aroud town 160 mph as well, makes the city look like a gta online lobby.

6: THIS. I've probably not seen all you can do on this server but im already feeling a HUGE lack of content. I think all the problems that we are currently experiencing has its roots in lack of content.
About point 2: Where's all the content for the people who just want to be non criminal citizens. It feels like the jobs are there 100% because of money. You can't work in any resturaunts, cant really be an actual mechanic and the trucking and fishing are just straight up for making money, 0 rp involved. By having no real occupation everyone ends up being criminals. Thats why i think a limit to guns would be wierd, couse we're all criminals, theres nothing to do as a regular citizen. I do think that it could be just a bit harder to get your hands on them though.
About point 3: We also need more stuff for crims to do as it would give cops more things to respond to. Just look at nopixel, which is also not a perfect server, but they have a lot for the police to respond to. Wheres house robberies, truck robberies etc. idk I think theres alot to add to the server when it comes to this. (Quick question here btw, why can't you rob anything in the city rn, is it really just pharmacies and LifeInvader rn?). Is racing also not a thing in this city. Racing would be a sick addition, at least a easier way to set it up. Some other servers have a app on the phone which sets up the race and keeps track of who's first. I think that would be sick.

7: yessir

Just wanted to give my views on some of this. I wrote this in a haste so this might not represnt my views 100% accurate.

Also I know it's easy for me to sit here and say: add this, add that, make this change, make that change. I know its a lot of hard work putten into this server and its probably a lot of hard work to add and do the changes I've suggested. I do believe in the developers though. They've already managed to make such an amazing server which has huge potential. I can really see this becoming a awesome server. 

Oh yeah, all my "rp excuses" have a LOT of background setup, Like I have full shell companies set up for some scenarios, however unfortunately they don't get used.

I've also used people like @Hutchables84, and @cowleyand their rl experiences to build RP backstories, such as fire safety inspections for Banks, which consisted of 5+ documents, ID's, statement of works, invoices, companies house documents etc. Unfortunately the RP was never open enough to try rp things out,

One thing I will attest to @Tigerforce, once some lads asked for my number and said if you get a call from a cop, say you're our boss. and you called me and we did some RP and you let them off, providing they don't attend any more businesses today without the right paperwork or something, which I think is really good RP because they were new, and we both enabeld them to live our their "play" 

Back