What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Unban Appeal - Anonymous Monkey - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous Monkey

GDPR Removed
Unban Appeal for Anonymous Monkey

In-game Name: Anonymous Monkey

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: Anonymous Monkey

Ban ID: ---

Reason given for your ban: G2.4

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I believe I was banned due to not complying with a gang during a car chase. A blue vehicle rammed me and my friend and the pillbox hospital. So we instinctively got mad and confronted them. We ended up ramming them back and got into a chase with them. Lost them a few times and they eventually started shooting at us. This was all around 1AM BST. I told my friend over radio that I was gonna "catch the train" in about 5 minutes and it ended up being one of those "just 5 more minutes" situations. It got to the point that I really had to get off if I was gonna wake up at a good time the next morning so I told him to lose the gang and pull up somewhere. If the gang WERE shouting something at us, like telling us to get out the vehicle, I want to confirm that we didn't hear anything from them. I wouldn't see this as not valuing my life as we had a solid chance at escaping considering we lost them countless times. It got to the point where I really had to get off and we pulled in somewhere after losing them and logged off.

Why should we unban you ?: I'd like to be unbanned because it is of course my first mistake and I am really sorry that it's ended like this. I would have never done anything to intentionally break the rules. This situation has certainly confused me a little, and above might not be the reason for my punishment as I wouldn't have said we were "outnumbered" by very much. It was a 4 seater that was chasing us meaning maximum of 4 players were on our tail, whilst there was 2 of us. 

The rule is (G2.4) Value of Life - At all times you are to value your life, if you are clearly outnumbered or at an obvious disadvantage you should comply with demands. I honestly believed in my friend, the driver, that he could escape the situation in the vehicle we were using. We actually had escaped them multiple times before. In the future, I promise to stick closely to all the rules and think about the situations I am in and link them to the rules. During roleplay, I use instinct to create a great experience of roleplay for other players on the server but sometimes too much instinct can ruin it. Rules cannot be specific enough in roleplay and I believe that could be the reason for my misunderstanding and mistake.

I am once again very sorry about this and I hope that nothing like this happens again, thank you for reading.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Anonymous Monkey The value of life rule specifically. It was witnessed that even after you had been shot at by the group of people, you kept returning in your vehicle and hitting cars.

You then were being chased by the gang and decided to log out at this point (the gang were less than 10 seconds behind you).

In terms of value of life, you really shouldn't have been going back after being shot and an continued what you were doing, right?

In terms of logging out, surely you should have waited longer to fully ascertain that you were not being followed?

Yeah, as I said it was at around 1AM and in my appeal above I did struggle to remember everything that happened that morning. After you telling me the above I fully understand my mistake and I can see how that is not valuing my life. We just really wanted to get off the server. The gang that were following us prior to us logging off were seen by the police to be shooting at us. At that point we expected the police to go into pursuit with the blue vehicle and therefore we would be out of the situation.

As to us logging out, I agree, we should have waited at least a few more minutes before logging out. It was just the spur of the moment, I really had to log off and therefore we did. As I said, it was a "5 more minutes" situation and we ended up staying on for about 20 minutes longer than I originally wanted to. I had to get off at that moment and I did. Thinking back to it now, I should have given it 5 more minutes as that wouldn't have caused me much harm and would have avoided the logging out situation entirely.

I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience that I have caused.

Anonymous Monkey Please can you find the rule you broke, quote it and then explain why we have this rule

Hiya George. The rule is (G2.4) Value of Life - At all times you are to value your life, if you are clearly outnumbered or at an obvious disadvantage you should comply with demands.

This rule is in place to stop people from ruining roleplay and making it harder for players to engage in combat, chases and hostage situations. It's also there to make the servers roleplay as realistic as possible and therefore enhances player experiences. In real life, you would value your life over anything.

Ok you will be given another chance. I dont expect to see anything similar to this again

Unbanned

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back