What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Unban Appeal - Billy Obrien - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Obrien

Unban Appeal for Billy Obrien 

In-game Name: Billy Obrien

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198054543104

Ban ID: rpuk#4378

Reason given for your ban: G1.2 & G1.3

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I believe the reason for my ban is due to my altercation with the Vagos, I was doing a deal with a guy on their turf who obviously knew them and when the deal went bad the vagos began to chase me and shoot at me after getting away successfully I went to their turf to retaliate shooting 2 of their members on their turf while shouting from my car, I then fled the scene and saw an ambulance heading towards the turf so i followed it I came round the corner to see a nhs member and one more vagos stood there, I shouted again from my car "whos the dead man now" since they kept ringing me and threatening my life, I shot the last member i could see and fled the turf once again and then began receiving calls from one of the high up members i assumed as he said "why do you keep shooting my men" i taunted him over the phone in response and then got one with other things within the city sometime later i pulled up on the turf again this time which i should of not and attempted to initiate on one of the members next to my car however i panicked shot past him which led to a car chase that resulted in me being shot bleeding out and dying.

Why should we unban you ?: I have recently been banned for a similar reason however Its not a case of that I don't know what G1.2 (RDM) is its more miscommunication within initiations i have misunderstood how straight forward initiations have to be as I thought referencing threats they have made to me in game would of been enough for people to realize what was happening, But after reading the rules and having a couple discussions with staff members I know realize how it can be viewed as RDM as I didn't really give the people I was pulling up on a chance to save their own life when I should of said something Along the lines of "Hands above your head now or you're getting shot" and created a more RP based scenario. In terms of the baiting I can see why it could be viewed as that also as once they wronged me I kept trying to annoy them when I should of only really done that once. Also from what I have read it says that any other rule breaks result in a more severe ban which I would of expected to be around a week or two for an issue like this as I did not understand the initiation process fully and the baiting rule I now see the errors in my judgement however and have read up and learnt from them. I hope you guys can understand and see that too, Thanks.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

@Billy ObrienIt's a bit silly really isn't it to keep driving to a location, shooting attempting to get into a car chase. IT was noticed that you did it a few times before they gave you a chase.

As well as this, do you remember the way you acted on the floor once one of them killed you?

@Billy ObrienIt's a bit silly really isn't it to keep driving to a location, shooting attempting to get into a car chase. IT was noticed that you did it a few times before they gave you a chase.

As well as this, do you remember the way you acted on the floor once one of them killed you?
thinking about it in hindsight it was stupid to go back to the turf and shoot after the first drive by (since this one was retaliation) but at the time it was because I were going back and forth on the phone and exchanging death threats with one of the members I wasn't necessarily looking for a car chase I was trying to make a statement in response to the threats I was received after I did a shady car deal on their turf, and with my lack of knowledge on initiating at the time of it happening I thought it was a good way to retaliate, now after reading over the rules properly I have realised what I did wrong and can only apologize and express that if I am unbanned this will not happen again and I will follow the rules to the full extent,

And In response to the issue with me on the floor once killed I taunted them a little bit from what I recall nothing too harsh, before then acting as if i was coughing and bleeding out, again though I probably should of just either stayed quiet or just acted as if I was dying which at first I did not

Sorry again for these mistakes and I can assure you I have learnt from them, there will be no more errors from my misjudgment of rule boundaries.

So from what i can see and understand from this your level of roleplay in this whole scenario was..

You had a altercation with vagos - This led to multiple shootouts - you finally got caught - gave no RP other than shouting down the mic - Did /me bleeds out - Respawned and logged straight out. 

Not to mention your friend you were doing it with who also had no clue of our server rules from his own admission. 

How does that tell me you are capable of roleplaying if we were to unban you?

So from what i can see and understand from this your level of roleplay in this whole scenario was..

You had a altercation with vagos - This led to multiple shootouts - you finally got caught - gave no RP other than shouting down the mic - Did /me bleeds out - Respawned and logged straight out. 

Not to mention your friend you were doing it with who also had no clue of our server rules from his own admission. 

How does that tell me you are capable of roleplaying if we were to unban you?
Yes mate, you would be correct in terms of the altercation that led to shootouts yes, when it came to my characters death however I did taunt them a little bit as I stated previously but this was for a minute or two maybe before deciding to shut myself up in my own best interest as I assumed I was going to be dumped, I had real life plans to attend too straight after I had finished this whole scenario hence why I didn't combat log and waited for my timer to respawn timer to run out, In this time all the gang member who's car I was placed in was doing was driving round with me in the car and even mentioned that he forgot I was in there on the radio to one of the other members from what I recall, due to the situation, when the timer was up and the gang member still seemed to be driving round attending other buisness at their turf, I coughed and death rattled down the mic and did /me bleeds out so that I could finish up the scenario as I had to leave to make a train into town. 

Yes my friend was also punished for the scenario with a 2 day ban, However its not that we have no clue of server rules it was just a misjudgement of the boundaries of those rules we didn't realise the extent of which you had to go to initiate on other players interms of how detailed and straight forward you had to be with it, with thought it was okay to just reference threats from the members that we had recieved or reference the scenario ( this one being where I was shot at), however we now know that this isnt acceptable and he has returned to the city and had no issues since and I believe if given the chance I can show the same response to the bans.

I am more than capable of creating good role playing scenarios I can assure you as I've been in the city for a few months now and this was just a situation where I got ahead of myself and because of my own misjudgment and adrenaline in the moment i made a few stupid errors which led to this, and I can promise you it would not happen again upon my return to the city I have learnt from my wrongs from going over the rules and speaking to staff and I know in myself that if I am unbanned i can provide a better RP experience now for myself and players who I interact with.

I'm sorry again, I didn't intend for all this to happen and hope you can understand that it wasn't me trying to be a troll or anything like that, thanks for your reply and I hope we can work this out :).

Last edited by a moderator:
I am more than capable of creating good role playing scenarios
Time for you to prove it. 

I'll issue an unban but I must warn you, if you get yourself involved in a situation where your RP is appalling or you scream down the mic when you should be acting injured then you're going to be gone from this server. It's really quite simple. 

Don't ruin this chance you're getting. 

Unbanned.

Now that you're apart of our community again, please ensure you're fully up-to date with our Community Rules and our game specific rules depending which one(s) you play;
Altis Life Rules & GTA RP Rules

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back