What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Unban Appeal - MikeButtons - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeButtons

Unban Appeal for MikeButtons 

In-game Name: Mike Buttons

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198086997008

Ban ID: rpuk#4450

Reason given for your ban: C2.2

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkAUb3NGJK8
https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/132254-report-a-player-277-and-215-gta-rp/?tab=comments#comment-761038

Within this clip, there was a report on 2 players combat logging, at the end of the video which and report that wasn't for me the person reporting opens a text message from myself sending GPS asking to get picked up whilst down. From my POV as Mike Buttons, I was blown up at the petrol station outside the shop in Paleto, where I received a phone call and declined the call but then had access to my phone and sent GPS to try and get saved. As my phone was available I should have resisted the urge and just closed and for that, I apologize.

Why should we unban you ?: This is my first offense within the server for which I apologize for the decision I took. I have definitely learned my lesson in regards to this. I feel I should also be unbanned as I have also never had any report made against me for anything and have created good friendships within the city and enjoy the RP scenarios I have been involved in throughout my time in the city. I feel that I have learnt my lesson for exploiting and using my phone and would not make the same mistake twice. This is also the first city I have joined and have very much enjoyed my experience throughout the city and i'm sure that all I interact with in the city can vouch for me. 

Evidence:

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
@MikeButtonsIt's very nice of you to get yourself some references but they won't sway our decision! You have been banned under the exploiting rule which is one of the most arguably serious rules. Do you regularly abuse features in a way they are not designed to?

@MikeButtonsIt's very nice of you to get yourself some references but they won't sway our decision! You have been banned under the exploiting rule which is one of the most arguably serious rules. Do you regularly abuse features in a way they are not designed to?
No this is my first offence within the 490 hours spent in the city. I have no previous record of breaking any rules within the city and completely understand what I did was wrong. I made a human error on my behalf and shouldn't have chose the decision I did, this is a one time mistake and I woul never do this again. I would be happy to have my inventory wiped in order to be able to return to the city again. 

What was it that you were trying to save by exploiting @MikeButtons?

How can we ensure that the temptation to do other things would not be so great if you have thrown away all chance of playing for the sake of a revive?

What was it that you were trying to save by exploiting @MikeButtons?

How can we ensure that the temptation to do other things would not be so great if you have thrown away all chance of playing for the sake of a revive?
I beleive I had a standard on me and that was it, in terms of stuff valuable. Majoirty of the other stuff was phone, radio, little cash, food/water. 

I was being selfish in ways, thinking of how to save myself and should have just resisted and waited and hoped for someone to save me or NHS to arrive. Like I said above, it was a human error and it was a one time thing that I regret and shouldnt have done and I apologise for using this and have learnt my lesson for sure. 

I beleive I had a standard on me and that was it, in terms of stuff valuable. Majoirty of the other stuff was phone, radio, little cash, food/water. 

I was being selfish in ways, thinking of how to save myself and should have just resisted and waited and hoped for someone to save me or NHS to arrive. Like I said above, it was a human error and it was a one time thing that I regret and shouldnt have done and I apologise for using this and have learnt my lesson for sure. 
Why do you think we have this rule in place?

Why do you think we have this rule in place?
Well this rule is in place to stop people from doing stuff to exploit or escape punishment or loosing items, duplicating stuff within the city. I personally should have been more patient with waiting for the NHS to see if they arrived in Paleto to assist me and if they didnt should have started a new life which would have been the right decision to do. 

I'm not going to lie to you, I appreciate how you've handled this unban appeal. 

For that reason, I'm going to issue an unban. 

Now I must warn you and I'm going to be completely honest with you here;

To get banned for exploiting and get out of it so quickly and 'easily' is very rare. If you were to ever get banned again for exploiting I can assure you your time on this server would be over. 

Don't ruin this chance that I'm affording you, because they come few and far between.

Unbanned.

Now that you're apart of our community again, please ensure you're fully up-to date with our Community Rules and our game specific rules depending which one(s) you play;
Altis Life Rules & GTA RP Rules

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back