What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Why is Altis life dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippy8

Used to be at least 50 people online at 3am now 2. GTA is great but doesn't have the robbing like Altis has. I remember nervously planning a truck run, sitting in a bush for half hour scoping out the processor then making a run for it hoping no one came. That anxiety was the best part. Then a truck full of gang members show up and a chase begins. I think on GTA I have been held up maybe twice in 1000 hrs. It's just gang beef and searching. 

Well there's just not much to do on Altis anymore, and I'm gonna sound like half the Player base but lack of updates has to do with it, I understand devs have lives and they do, do great jobs when they update the server, it's just a shame it's not consistent, then we have this "bums on seat" in reply which is correct, yeah but... What are we supposed to do? Barely any cops are on so rebels can't rob banks or gas stations, so they just sit in Red zones, or when they do come out it's just robbing low tier players/gangs which makes them not wanna come back, making less interactions in the long run, alongside all this Arma is pretty old now, so people are just getting bored of it

Eh, just my thoughts anyway 

Last edited by a moderator:
Most people have moved onto GTA RP now, with that happening, then those players friends will leave Arma and also join GTA due to the heavy population. It is a shame to see Arma go down to where it is now, but at the same time as Javier said, it is old and it definitely has become more boring in general.

^ What they said along with the meta of the server being focused on gunplay over Roleplay where GTA RP is a little better with the RP over the GP

Altis life as a whole is on its way out now, its survived many close calls were its almost died but its came back and its much as it breaks my heart to say it, Its gonna be fully dead soon. Its not just RPUK lots of other servers are getting drastic player reductions. Thats why its amazing GTA RP has came along and kept RPUK going. I think alot of people hope Altis Life gets revived but I seriously doubt it, it was great fun back in the day.

wHK1iNn.png

Because everyone is perm banned lol.
Not true at all if your there to break rules your not there to RP and the ban is justified Fact.

Too many bans and the standard for quality RP decreasing over the years
this has a little truth in the matter but there are still quite a few people who want to RP to the best of there abilities its just some want to shoot and ask questions after i now this as ive witnessed it so many times.

Updates wise these happen when devs get the time we all have lives which comes first there are a lot of people with exams and stuff right now which is more important and for all the people who say its a shame where are you now why not spend a night or few hours on the altis island and show the new faces what it was all about instead of making post on here  

Dare I say, but perhaps its time for the community to get ready to move on from Altis Life.

That being said, there is opportunity to use that previous player base for fresher formats of roleplay. Altis is an expansive map for starters. Perhaps a new take on Arma Roleplay could be taken with a more condensed Stratis Life. The dev team could implement features that proven work, and the staff can focus on pushing top quality RP (not this 'casual' scripted roleplay shite).

Food for thought.

From a Police sight, we had patrols last month, ranging from around 5-8 officers. However during those patrols there were more cops on the server than civillians, I know it sounds weird.

I'd say that GTA RP killed Altis for sure, as many good dudes I know that played last year when I was just a PCSO have now moved on to GTA RP.

Is there any fixes? I doubt it really. Not enough civillians doesn't give either Poseidon or Police the purpose to log on and see what they are doing. We're maybe even seeing the last couple of months of this server.

Not true at all if your there to break rules your not there to RP and the ban is justified Fact.

this has a little truth in the matter but there are still quite a few people who want to RP to the best of there abilities its just some want to shoot and ask questions after i now this as ive witnessed it so many times.

Updates wise these happen when devs get the time we all have lives which comes first there are a lot of people with exams and stuff right now which is more important and for all the people who say its a shame where are you now why not spend a night or few hours on the altis island and show the new faces what it was all about instead of making post on here  
Of course your gonna deny it, your staff.

I think many factors have led to the detriment of Altis Life, not just here but accross the board. The game is dated, it's mechanics are clunky and there are better platforms for Roleplay available now with the emergence of Fivem. The mentality of the playerbase has also drastically changed with there being less of a focus on genuine Roleplay and more of a focus on winning as many scenarios as possible. The purpose of Altis Life isn't to boast about your K.D ratio, or scream friends and allies at someone just because things aren't going your way, it's purpose is quite simple, Roleplay. That is something which has been lost over-time.

There is also the factor that Altis Life has been out for 7 years, it really shouldn't come as a suprise that the 'Altis Life Experience' is getting a little bit stale now. Especially for those who have sank thousands of hours into it, played as every faction, owned every vehicle and earned hundreds of millions. There realistically is no end game to Altis Life, but even I can envisage how boring and repetitive it must be once reaching that stage. This is where Fivem comes into contention, it has been a breath of fresh air and has a vast amount of features and opportunities which Arma's game mechanics simply doesn't have. It is much less desolate than Altis, not just due to the number of players but also the small number of AI, the buildings etc. It is a much more dynamic atmosphere which adds to the realism and Roleplay significantally. 

I do however disagree with the dissenting views on bans. Late 2019 there was a mass unban which saw the ban list reduced from 30,003 to 3,264. Accompanying this mass unban was the implementation of the Fair Ban System which was voted for by the community. This is clearly outlined at the top of the Community Rules page. You will need to be banned 3 times before recieving a Permanent ban on the 4th in most cases, unless you have been banned for the same thing twice in which you move up the scale quicker or have broken a rule which warrents a straight perm, these are also highlighted on the Rules page in bold text. In addition to this, there is also an appeal process which can be followed to get unbanned once you have recieved a permanent ban. 

Also, Altis is stuck in a bit of a cycle at the minute. As @Tuf Mottyeluded to, WL Factions do not want to play due to there being near to no rebels or civillians on, rebels don't want to play because there is no WL factions on etc etc. As @GREENYhas said, people jumping on for a few hours and getting the player count up, both Rebels and WL factions wil most likely lead to an overall increase in playerbase. It's really quite simple, players need players.

This is my personal opinion and has no connection with the opinion of the Staff Team.

Altis Life has not been a quality RP simulator for a long time. It has been a cops and robbers game where you interact with each other with quality RP. There is a difference. FiveM is the quality RP simulator, where you can happily go and RP as a mechanic/truck driver/EMS etc. for long lengths of time, whereas on Altis life, you might do that for a few stints (ARAC, NHS etc.), those who stay around for the long haul generally don't (or not for very long). They play for cops and robbers, and play in this style. 99% of the people who play for many years play primarily cops and robbers style. The problem with this at the moment is that there is generally no cops to allow this to happen, which turns people to redzones. Whilst they are fun, they are not the only reason I play RPUK. Ideally we would have a full server and wouldn't need the redzones all the time for entertainment, but that isn't the case atm. 

What doesn't help is staff mentality still. @imaKwas recently unbanned, with the most absurd restrictions on his account. It is a joke to be completely honest. A guy puts in effort to appeal a ban he had about 18 months ago, and gets hit with stupid restrictions (pistol for a month) and them questioning his ability to RP. Fun fact, RPUK no longer provides the highest quality of RP in the Arma scene, for a few reasons. Reason 1 is simply there is no people to RP with, and when there are interactions, it is people catching up with mates about how IRL is etc. (there is some RP between people who don't know each other, but a majority of people who know each other when they find each other in game talk about IRL stuff, not RP because there is nothing to RP about lol). And Reason 2 is that the overall standard is dropping, whilst other servers still maintain a high quality of RP outside of their redzones, whilst catering well in the redzones for fights. I can go on about other stupid bans, like Brandon Pigeon, who combat logged due to being stuck in a glitching tower(however him doing this did not affect the situation which occured due to the fight basically being over at this point anyway, and the last person being about 700m away)  which slowly chisel away at the player numbers. Stupid bans aren't helping anyone.

As for the excuse of exams. It is getting to the point where many exams are starting to be over. GCSE & A-levels have all been completed now, I believe many unis are starting to break up, and so there are fewer people with exams left to do(I am sure there will still be some, but less now, so player numbers should be going up, but they aren't.)

Whilst all 3 factions are important, Police are the most important faction on the server. They are necessary for this cops and robbers game mode to work. Yet I think their leadership is failing them to an extent. They are attempting to conserve the past, and are out of touch with the current state of both this server and altis life in general. I spoke to the CNPAS a few months ago about why they are so up tight about the rules within NPAS, who effectively laid the blame on GC not wanting to edit the rules to make them more relaxed. This is just one way in which the police needs to be changed, but also there is a lot of other just stupid things in the police which drags it down. Police are needed for any altis life server to be decent in more aspects than just redzones, yet the current police on this server is in a poor state IMO.

It died because the active people slowly got banned either server or game ( @Clark😉 ) or they just got tired of the game itself and moved onto other games. Nothing to do with the server in particular it's just getting old and it's happening on every server atm.

What doesn't help is staff mentality still. @imaKwas recently unbanned, with the most absurd restrictions on his account. It is a joke to be completely honest. A guy puts in effort to appeal a ban he had about 18 months ago, and gets hit with stupid restrictions (pistol for a month) and them questioning his ability to RP. Fun fact, RPUK no longer provides the highest quality of RP in the Arma scene, for a few reasons. Reason 1 is simply there is no people to RP with, and when there are interactions, it is people catching up with mates about how IRL is etc. (there is some RP between people who don't know each other, but a majority of people who know each other when they find each other in game talk about IRL stuff, not RP because there is nothing to RP about lol).
+1

What doesn't help is staff mentality still. @imaKwas recently unbanned, with the most absurd restrictions on his account. It is a joke to be completely honest. A guy puts in effort to appeal a ban he had about 18 months ago, and gets hit with stupid restrictions (pistol for a month) and them questioning his ability to RP. Fun fact, RPUK no longer provides the highest quality of RP in the Arma scene, for a few reasons. Reason 1 is simply there is no people to RP with, and when there are interactions, it is people catching up with mates about how IRL is etc. (there is some RP between people who don't know each other, but a majority of people who know each other when they find each other in game talk about IRL stuff, not RP because there is nothing to RP about lol). And Reason 2 is that the overall standard is dropping, whilst other servers still maintain a high quality of RP outside of their redzones, whilst catering well in the redzones for fights. I can go on about other stupid bans, like Brandon Pigeon, who combat logged due to being stuck in a glitching tower(however him doing this did not affect the situation which occured due to the fight basically being over at this point anyway, and the last person being about 700m away)  which slowly chisel away at the player numbers. Stupid bans aren't helping anyone.
Agreed

Also, to go with the fact that RP is old school now for arma, it doesn't happen, people now go on the server for gunfights at the redzones or go round the whole server fighting, which is what people want but, people are still thinking you can still RP with what 5 people. Oh, how fun is that?! Look at other servers, roleplay still goes on, but its not advanced like this. If this server was just all out war with gunfights and fun events that happen every so often, I'm telling you this server would be high up in population. Arma 3 isn't what it is now, the game evolved. An example can be they literally brought a marksmen DLC out for people who want to sit out 1.6k away and snipe, now people use marksmen rifles for CQC. the game is evolving. This server could be so good. Keyword being "good". Tbh I think it's lost potential, people left it for too long, this server is like 2 years behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back