What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Recording and editing on server?

Poolie

Hello,

Is there a reason why it is not possible to record my gameplay on the FiveM server? 

I do wish to create a 'series' with an emphasis on production value and upload this to my Youtube channel, with being newish to the whole FiveM scene I am unsure if I am simply doing something wrong or if this feature is disabled on the server for some reason. 

I was even thinking of renting a server for me to do some cutscenes maybe but then I am guessing that the assets used by RPUK are custom and owned by them.

Any ideas, suggestions or just clarification why this isn't working.

Kind regards 

you should be able to record just fine

we just done have any build in recording software available

you can use anything like obs 

you should be able to record just fine

we just done have any build in recording software available

you can use anything like obs 
Oh yeah, I can do it that way. I mean more like the editor feature so you can do some nice shots and angles. If I cant get the rockstar editor to work on footage I record from server it will have to be that way but I can record ingame footage but when I try to load it into rockstar editor It just constantly loads.

Oh yeah, I can do it that way. I mean more like the editor feature so you can do some nice shots and angles. If I cant get the rockstar editor to work on footage I record from server it will have to be that way but I can record ingame footage but when I try to load it into rockstar editor It just constantly loads.
thats sort of where my knowledge about this ends 

maby @Gordonis able to elaborate

Last edited by a moderator:
@Poolie it's a know issue and unfortunately it hasn't worked for the last 6 ish months. 

However, while it doesn't replace the editor, the ingame phone cameras zoom can give similar results for still images or static video shots. This was shot almost exclusively with the phone camera https://youtu.be/eFq9n88RauA 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back