What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Why is Altis-life dead (Part Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vulcan caused the demise of the server. 

But realistically the lack of incentive to genuinely roleplay and the lack of roleplay opportunities definitelty was one of the main causes along with lack of development on the server. This is not mentioning the amount of unneccesary bans which deters players from joining

Vulcan recieving unnecessary bias mistreatment by management was a kick, during the servers fall we brought 10 - 15 consistant pop daily, which is what the servers average pop today. Us doing that was also motivation for our large rival gang to hop on and fight which granted pop too, which was a good 20 - 30 players just between us. Yet we had been treated awfully as a community not really offering motivation to stay, along with poor management and petty dramas. Im sure there were other factors, maybe even bigger ones, just my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vulcan recieving unnecessary bias mistreatment by management was a kick, during the servers fall we brought 10 - 15 consistant pop daily, which is what the servers average pop today
I know nothing about Vulcan or whatever drama happened with them, but they cannot take any credit/blame for the server's fall. If 10-15 players were that significant of a drop at the time of the drama, then the server was already dead.

One issue I think MIGHT be a part of it is how absolutely unusual the market is, runs just don't really seem worth it even with the rework, and vehicle prices put you in a hole when it comes to wanting to upgrade your runs with more capacity, that's my opinion though.

Is it really hard to speculate why a game has declined in popularity if memory serves correctly RPUK opened in 2014/15 (correct if wrong) when people wanted to play Arma 3 island life RP from then until 2021 is 5-6 years alot of things change and new things become popular trends arise and die soon FIVEM will decline slowly and steady and the developers and players will move on as they have done.

However, other factors can contribute to the drop in players such as gunplay over roleplay, and everyone having a winning mentality, but Arma 3 didn't die suddenly like everything it dropped and continues to drop in popularity. 

I know nothing about Vulcan or whatever drama happened with them, but they cannot take any credit/blame for the server's fall. If 10-15 players were that significant of a drop at the time of the drama, then the server was already dead.
Absolutely agree with this, but I think it everyone likes seeing a server peaking at 30 people, rather than 5 per day. Vulcan definitely helped with that. 

What happened to Vulcan? 
We left man. 
Two of us got banned for some days and got pissed off because us and another rival gang (you already know which one I mean) kept the server alive. When you don't appreciate your player base, there is no reason for you to have one.

Is there even any point talking about it anymore? This thread will just get locked as expected, Altis is gone man, no one is wanting to work on it which is sad,.

drop in players such as gunplay over roleplay,
People want gunfights over roleplay. Why do you think other servers have over 100 players day in day out? Cause they have events, an actually decent gang wars where you dont have to travel 10k to the next zone.

And dont give me the "well this is roleplay.co.uk you have to roleplay" yeah, but not everything is about roleplay and way over the top initiations and especially counter-initiations, idk man, servers gone, May aswell shut it down Management, we tried.

Is there even any point talking about it anymore? This thread will just get locked as expected

May aswell shut it down Management, we tried.
This basically sums the situation up. If management doesn’t care they should shut it down or stop shutting down discussions & attempts at change, rather than leave the people who do care in limbo. Frustrating. 

Even worse when fivem’s brought into it as this wonderful solution to the problem it helped to cause. 

😐

The moment FiveM launched, it killed Altis. 
FiveM killed it, and well, the admins/management neglecting the server, get more devs based on altis life and make staff focus on it a bit more and it might come back

FiveM killed it, and well, the admins/management neglecting the server, get more devs based on altis life and make staff focus on it a bit more and it might come back
Crimz my g, I think it's time to accept that the management/devs do not want to deal with Altis Life any more. They gave up on the server a long time ago. 

Yeah management treated altis players like shit the last year. I wont speak about china this time don't worry!  Closing threads for no reason and behave like little dictators puts many people of. Also old long standing members get banned for fuck all....just take @Cocofor an example.....the list could go on.....

Yeah management treated altis players like shit the last year. I wont speak about china this time don't worry!  Closing threads for no reason and behave like little dictators puts many people of. Also old long standing members get banned for fuck all....just take @Cocofor an example.....the list could go on.....
its just stupid at this point, we get done for having an opinion too, kinda a piss take ngl

Arma is a very old and dying game, RPUK been at this for 7 years and over those years management and the development team have lost more and more interest in the game and their server.

Thought this tred would be shut by now.

yeah, but not everything is about roleplay
?

Isn't it a roleplay server? When I played on here I didn't give a shit tbf about losing gun fights what I used to get pissy about is when someone is playing a roleplay server purly for the intention of obtaining a gunfight you can argue that other servers have 100+ players casue they prioritse that type of so called roleplay over actual roleplay then let them do it there all just as toxic as the last one even this communitys Arma 3 players (more speciffaly) gunplyers are toxic af. In my opinion, you should close the Arma 3 server. But this is really just a suggestion to switch to a king of the hill or gun-focused server for players to play on instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back