What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

What word really annoys you and breaks your immersion ?

Father

Unlinked
What would really breaks your immersion and you hate? personally I hate after getting absolutely t-boned or rattled out of my car to someone say " NOT IN MY EYES " 

"My cousin is a police officer or My cousin owns (anything)"
Don't get me started on "cousin"

"My cousin is a police officer or My cousin owns (anything)"
Funny thing about cousin as well, I made my police officer Charlie Hoe, and people would obvs recognize my voice and ask "have you got a relative in the city" and i would lead them on for like a 5/10min conversation and eventually say yea I do, its Fred Hoe. They would get disappointed 

Also "Shut up, your supposed to be dead. How can you talk when I just shot you in the head??" I fucking hate this shit. It feels like an easy and cheap way for the 'victor' to not RP. 9/10 when I hear this it is from the mouths of people who don't RP.

Also "I got that on bodycam" should be an instant permaban.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing wrong with it imo. i just say it when i kill a troll and want him to stfu lol
But they don't shut up, it just spirals further into broken immersion and terrible RP. They react to this kind of thing, because trolls have likely heard it before. I've been medic, or on the sidelines of turf gangs talking to one another like this. There's a shootout, and you got people on the ground not acting injured, people not acting injured telling people they're not acting injured. And the people who are still up and able to deal with the situation join in, and it looks very different to how it should. I've been in extended shootouts, shot the person multiple times, went down, and even though they're limping after being shot 5-6 times they still run around and jump as well, carry me into a car like nothing happened. It's a little hypocritical.

Last edited by a moderator:
"BodyCam" - When they clearly dont have one. Just use simple ones like dashcam or the CCTV

I would like to suggest this post is mentioned in the next staff/rules meeting and that popular opinons on these words/phrases are looked at by staff and are decided if they are valid in roleplay or if it counts as Fail RP. 

I feel if staff were to crack down on phrases like this it would make a massive positive difference. 

Thanks.
 @Drew@Gordon@Stavik

"hey long time no see Father" - Where you been? 

"just been sleeping" 

People must sleep for weeks at a time, I struggle to get 2 hours a night 

Or "take a look at the left of your eye" clearly talking about OOC chat is another

@FatherAugustus Someone gave me into trouble OOC when I got into RPUK for using the term "off-island".

I think I said I had been working off island, preparing my beloning and that I was too tired to do much and they wrote to me later telling me to say "I was asleep". I didn't speak to that person for long after that xD

Back