What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Loss of use of Microphone upon loading into GTA RP Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Martinez

Unlinked
I'm not sure if this is a server bug or if this is something on the server conflicting with my settings however since the Friday update (Release: Ginger) I have not been able to get into the server without losing the use of my microphone across my entire PC. As I'm loading in I can see the resource timer warning for EMG_VEH00 at which point all audio cuts out, visuals on the loading screen freeze and then my microphone cuts out. I've tried for about 4 hours now playing with various settings and testing on different games and servers and it only happens when I load into RPUK, Hence why I am here. One thing to note is I managed to get on this morning with a working mic when there was less than 60 people in the server but it seems as soon as it gets busy the resource timer problem kicks in again. I've uploaded a recording of my screen of it happening. Once I load in I try speaking over VOIP and then try on the radio, nothing happens on the VOIP, the radio lights up but still nobody can hear me. This issue also kills my microphone on the rest of my PC and so I have to turn the power off to get it to come back to life. Sorry if this is the wrong place but I've tried everything I can think off and consulted with an IT professional to resolve this and have reached my wits end with it and as I say it only ever happens when loading into this server and first happened when the 8pm update (Release: Ginger) came out on Friday.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I may have missed your reply, but did changing the audio input exclusivity settings change anything? 

Is there anything in F8 during that loading sequence that makes any mention to impacting your audio issues? I used to have issues with my audio driver crashing and it used to say it switched device in the F8 menu. However, usually when your drivers crash Teamspeak disables your mic, Discord tells you it's switched device and some other feedback that you don't appear to be getting.  

Yeah I gave that a go and nothing changed at all in terms of voice in game, I haven't noticed anything in the F8 menu, Had a look and cant see anything in there about audio issues

bdcce1a17aecf607a2f2dbfe70e11d14.png

ed46dfbdae535b515f81600db27c4b62.png

e836e0cb200da6b5b666f8cea6f7ceb7.png

b8ecee24073d2bfcdea8adaefbea74ee.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So interestingly, I connected to the server today and got the same message regarding emg_veh00 which is something I do sometimes see on the brief occasion when connecting but clears. What I noticed was that my output audio muted for the half a second it flashed up before coming back. In this case it was Chrome playing a YT video.

I have a Corsair Void RGB wireless headset. I will be reconnecting at 20:00 if I can and I'll see if it does the same. I never actually spoke or heard anyone as I was just connecting to download the updates before 20:00 - I'll then see if my voice works after.

Last edited by a moderator:
So interestingly, I connected to the server today and got the same message regarding emg_veh00 which is something I do sometimes see on the brief occasion when connecting but clears. What I noticed was that my output audio muted for the half a second it flashed up before coming back. In this case it was Chrome playing a YT video.

I have a Corsair Void RGB wireless headset. I will be reconnecting at 20:00 if I can and I'll see if it does the same. I never actually spoke or heard anyone as I was just connecting to download the updates before 20:00 - I'll then see if my voice works after.
Jason, have you or anyone else heard anymore on this?

Audio output/input issues are often client sided

It is but I've found a weird workaround of having a video play elsewhere which stops it from killing the microphone input, no idea how/why that works but whilst its fixing it itll do

Hey! I am going to be closing this today as this is most certainly a client sided issue. 

Thanks for reporting! 

Sorry, either we've been unable to reproduce this bug with enough detail, or its not been considered a bug.
Nevertheless, we appreciate your efforts, please do not be discouraged in submitting new bug reports going forward.​

200.gif

Thread locked & moved to Rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back