What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Gun Control = Better city

SixtyTwoSixx

Lost MC
Ever since the benches got taking out its been way better for the city in my opinion and a few others im interested to see what everyone else thinks, simply makes better roleplay scenarios not everyone is just shooting one another over telling each other off, Even for police officers its nicer to be able to get into Roleplay scenarios without worrying about getting shot ever 2-3 minutes

I gotta agree, made a nice change with all the guns that were present before it felt more like a US Themed server with a few British assets, im really liking the new changes and hope they stay

I think its for the best but for those in a gang its not great. Things like wars cant happen due to shortage of ammo or weapons which I get it good for maintaining the British aspect of it but at the same time sorta take the fun out of being in a gang.

I remember when shotguns cost 25k for a blackmarket npc, happy its this way

As a new starter after the changes I can see a clear line of demarcation between the haves and the have nots. Having been on the receiving end of abuse from apes with guns it is somewhat frustrating to have to work hard to try to get enough money to just feel like im on equal footing. Very few scenarios ive been involved in where the mention of firearms has occurred or even the production of the firearm has led to anything other than the person saying ive got a gun you do what i say and thats it.

This is personal experience of course and while i do hope the gun control is not making it like a wild west with UK assets I would also like to see some changes back towards how it "used to be" as right now its either prohibitively expensive to be owning and carrying a gun at the risk of losing it if it cant be easily replaced.

For the record, I do have one, I just havent removed it from its storage yet for fear of losing it while i dont have the money to replace it, and havent really had the need to be carrying it often. So i do see both sides of the argument.

In short some tweaking has to take place in my honest opinion.

This is personal experience of course and while i do hope the gun control is not making it like a wild west with UK assets I would also like to see some changes back towards how it "used to be" as right now its either prohibitively expensive to be owning and carrying a gun at the risk of losing it if it cant be easily replaced.

For the record, I do have one, I just havent removed it from its storage yet for fear of losing it while i dont have the money to replace it, and havent really had the need to be carrying it often. So i do see both sides of the argument.
I think thats the point, guns are rare and expensive so people dont go around carrying guns for no reason, this means that gun crime is actually serious, and as it is a uk server, it makes a lot of sense with it being hard and expensive to get one.

people dont go around carrying guns for no reason,
Every Gang member ive had an encounter with has one. Most decided to shove it in my face and say do this or die and that was the extent of their rp. They are far and away the biggest population in the city (collectively) 😞  Ive tried to be civil and ended up getting shot several times now. not trying to argue a point just saying this is personal experience.

@Ade What gangs have you had interactions with because most gangs dont do that but will either have a conversation with you or ask you to leave the turf because something is happening 

@Ade from personal experience this hasn’t really happened to me. Gang members will happily have a chat to you if you are being properly civil and everything However if something is about to go down or they need to go do something they may just say ah please can you leave. What gangs have done this to you?

Not big on name and shame but Ballas and Vagos at different times. Shit happens, no biggie to me cause there are always gonna be those types of interactions but those ones stood out specifically.

Not big on name and shame but Ballas and Vagos at different times. Shit happens, no biggie to me cause there are always gonna be those types of interactions but those ones stood out specifically.
Some gangs can't rp without a gun. 

I can definitely count the amount of times I've actually seen someone talking or even holding a gun in my time here, although I am not involved in gang activity and the sort

Ever since the benches got taking out its been way better for the city in my opinion and a few others im interested to see what everyone else thinks, simply makes better roleplay scenarios not everyone is just shooting one another over telling each other off, Even for police officers its nicer to be able to get into Roleplay scenarios without worrying about getting shot ever 2-3 minutes
It is nice however every time I see you, you always confiscate the Stevie baseball bat. Next time you take it, all I'm saying is I might have something else hiding in my other pocket 😉

Back