What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Aiming on a bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyro

Unlinked
When on a bike i am very often not able to aim a gun or do anything off of it
I have only noticed this happen since the shooting out of the back of car thing was implemented

Anyone else having this issue?
Yes, the odd few times I've not been able to aim weapons off of bikes. Is usually fixed by just jumping off the bike and messing around with weapon wheel. But can be a pain when it happens randomly.

Thanks Gecko_

I've done some initial testing. There are some weapons that show a message saying you cannot use them on a motorbike, but that puts the weapon away although as said it's likely more to do with the aiming behind script that was recently added. I've not yet been able to replicate the issue of not being able to aim from the bike. Do you know what type of bike(s) and weapon(s) were being used when you've noticed the problem?

For now Issue #90 raised. Any more information that would help me replicate it would be appreciated. I'll move to acknowledged but should you get any more info I'll leave the thread unlocked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your help in alerting us to this bug, now that all of the required information has been gathered, it's been logged with the development team who will look to fix this. ​

200.gif

Thread locked, awaiting development team response

So when I play as my police character on the server I have always been able to aim and shoot my tazer, For some reason over the past 5 days i am not able to do so,  about every other officer I know can, I have only tried this on the police bike. ( I also get no message saying I cant when I do), also to note i can aim in any car i use.   

so i just tried in on a civs bike and it works, might  just be the police bike for me then ? 

Whenever I log on as Lost its a 50/50 whether i will be able to use anything of the bike or not, relloging always fixes it for me, but it has been happening ever since shooting from the back of the vehicle was removed from cars and archies eyes so maybe its something to do with that. Dont actually know why it happends, its very random and it doesnt happen often to me.

Yeah, same as Nuclear. It happens very often when im on as Lost. again its fixed by relogging but its a pain either way

A way to fix it is to get in a vehicle (car, truck, etc) and try aim, if you can't, resetweaponwheel then aim in the car. Then get on the bike and it'll be fixed.

Yeah ive found its quite common with both the tazer and combat pistol on the police bike, however a relog always fixes it for me.

Sorry, either we've been unable to reproduce this bug with enough detail, or its not been considered a bug.
Nevertheless, we appreciate your efforts, please do not be discouraged in submitting new bug reports going forward.​

200.gif

Thread locked & moved to Rejected

This has been an issue for a while now. Ever since the Archies eye update and that fix for people not being able to shoot backwards in car, why I am mentioning this is so Devs can figure out what went wrong based on what update caused it.

So essentially I do not have a procedure to cause it, but very often I will not be able to use melee or point any sort of weapon of a bike anymore after random period ammount of time, sometimes its okay sometimes it just completely dies on me to a point where I cant even point a middle finger of a bike, but doing that from a car works for example. "resetweaponwheel" doesnt do anything and the only fix I have found is relog which is frankly quite annoying. As someone who plays as  Lost MC character a lot I get very frustrated when this happends as I am essentially useless on a bike once this happends.

Now I am happy to provide a video if need be, or anything else a dev might need to help debug this, just let me know what you need.

When this happens next time could you crab a screen shot from the F8 console so we can see if there are any errors that may cause the issue 

Thank you for your help in alerting us to this bug, now that all of the required information has been gathered, it's been logged with the development team who will look to fix this. ​

200.gif

Thread locked, awaiting development team response
Merged with existing post and re-opened, ref#90

I will leave this unlocked, please add the information from the F8 when possible.

@Tokjat & @Johnathon Reeds Right came on the server and did some stress testing, found the problem, it was indeed the bloody car block that stops you from shooting back inside a car which was implemented a bit ago.

How to replicate:

1. Sit on a bike and try aiming a gun or hit with a melee weapon (It should work).
  2. Then go inside a car try aiming a weapon forward (works as intended) then try aiming backwards (which it shouldnt let you which is correct).
  3. Then go back to the bike and BAM you cant do shit anymore.

Will post a video shortly, just waiting for it to upload.

I should be a tester lol

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In the video when I am in the car at 0:43 I try and shoot backwards, which is blocked by the script and from that point on anything on a bike is broken.

Excellent news! This has now been fixed by the development team and will be released in a future server update.
Thanks for doing your bit to help us keep the servers bug free!​

200.gif

Locked & Moved to Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back