What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Cannot Close Selfie Camera on Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason

I've seen a few people complain in OOC, seen it happen on a stream and my friend said it happened to him.

The Problem

When leaving the selfie camera view, you are forced to have the phone in your hand and the camera moves around like it does in selfie mode. Being punched seems to take you out of it but then you return to that mode. You cannot interact with the phone even if the NUI for it opens up and  the usual F8 commands have proven not to fix. Leaving the only option to disconnect and reconnect.

Reproducing

Personally, I can't. I've taken selfies, gone in and out of the camera and it doesn't do it for me. I have mouse control enabled but I believe at least my friend does too. I've tried to work out if it is because something else happens (ie phone ringing) but don't have a friend on currently to try it. But I've seen enough people to mention it to believe it's not a one off issue.

As said I've not personally had this issue, but I guess in typical fashion of many bugs, people complain about them but never report the issue for it to get fixed! So here I am.

Had the same thing happen to me a few times, only once has it just fixed itself after a small amount of time. 9 times out of 10 I'd have to relog to fix it.

Do you notice anything in particular happen on the occasions it gets stuck? (Ie does someone call you, punch you etc, do you use Archies Eye? etc). It's difficult to replicate it currently.

Do you notice anything in particular happen on the occasions it gets stuck? (Ie does someone call you, punch you etc, do you use Archies Eye? etc). It's difficult to replicate it currently.
Nope, just happens randomly. No clue how to replicate it.

Thank you for your help in alerting us to this bug, now that all of the required information has been gathered, it's been logged with the development team who will look to fix this. ​

200.gif

Thread locked, awaiting development team response

This has been going on for a few months but apparently never reported. Sometimes if you take a picture on your phone, you get stuck and can't get out of the camera. The picture is also not saved in your gallery and the only way to fix it is to relog. Sometimes it gets fixed by being hit or carried but it doesn't always work, forcing you to relog.

I'm pretty sure the devs are aware - remember it happened to me when I was in Bay View Lodge with you that time!

Unfortunately we have not been able to reliably recreate this bug to order, so we've been unable to find out where the bug might be hiding. If you can help with that, it would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure the devs are aware - remember it happened to me when I was in Bay View Lodge with you that time!

Unfortunately we have not been able to reliably recreate this bug to order, so we've been unable to find out where the bug might be hiding. If you can help with that, it would be great.
I'm not a dev,  but the pictures you take ingame normally go to Imgur (as if you send them, they send an imgur link). I know imgur often likes to act up and not upload it and just give an error. Maybe this is what causes the phone to be stuck, the picture doesn't get uploaded, and the phone doesn't want to go away until it has confirmation the picture has been uploaded?

From several timed this happened to me, I can remember once I was sitting on a bench near the Chanel, took my phone out to take a Foto and got stuck. I will try to recreate this tomorrow to see if I can help with this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's on our board on #80 but has been difficult to replicate so far.

It actually happened to me a few hours ago on the live server. The issue is the phone is a 3rd party script and has had a few errors in it (you might notice it say uncaught (in promise) in the F8 menu) however on this occasion I noticed a new error in F8 to do with the Twitter.

If it does happen to you it would be good to know

- What app did you load the camera view from (Tweedle, Camera App, Messages app)
- Error messages in F8
- Any other behaviour you noticed (eg laggy UI)

Would be useful. I also wonder if it happened around the same time for everyone. It MIGHT be to do with the Imgur uploading.

So, I want to help with this issue:

Test 1:
Spot: Near the Bench at the Chapel ( last place where this happend to me)
Steps: 
- Camera App
- Rotate a few times
- Stuck
Notes: No F8 erros, relogged after this.
Even sitting on the Bench after ( not on video) it works putting the phone down and up, but once i stand up again i am "still" stuck
Link: https://streamable.com/zvjmmz

Test 2:
Spot: The same as Test 1
Steps:
- Camera App
- Rotate 3 times ( front, self and front again)
- Stuck
Notes: Everything looks ok ( scriptwise) and I got stuck. Assumption: "Maybe because my character rotated 3 times while holding the camera?"
I check the F8 errors 10 seconds after and got the in promise error. As I was uploading a screenshot from this error, i got an error from imgur as well
Relog was again needed.
F8 logs: https://imgur.com/a/JfNGOXt
Imgurl: https://imgur.com/a/uTcSzok
Link: https://streamable.com/a3pfcx

Test 3 (testing my last assumption):
Spot: Still the same as Test 1
Steps:
- Open Camera App
- Took Foto
- Stuck
Notes: Assumption was probably wrong, because this time there was no camera rotation. New Assumption: "Maybe the spot?"
I had the promise error, but this time on the menu. This error was prior to the action of taking the foto. (I was talking the whole time, but my mic was muted)
Link: https://streamable.com/g8mtnc

Test 4 (testing my last assumption):
Spot: moved away from the chapel
Steps:
- Open Camera App
- Took foto
Didn't got stuck
Note: It looks like changing the location did something (?) 
No F8 errors
Link: https://streamable.com/uwgepk

Test 5 (testing test 3 assumption)
Spot: Same as Test 4
Steps:
- Open Camera App
- Rotate a few times
- Took Foto
Didn't got stuck
Note: Location still? ( trying again at the chapel on Test 6)
No F8 errors
Link: https://streamable.com/jcqssa

Test 6 (Testing again near the bench in the chapel)
Spot: again same spot as Test 1
Steps:
- Open Camera App
- Took foto
Didn't got stuck
Notes: No errors on F8
Tried again with rotation the camera
Steps: 
- Open Camera App
- Rotate a few times
- Took Foto
- Stuck
Notes: It is getting hard to prove what is really causing the problem here. Because this would go against the results on Test 2 & 3
Maybe a third-party service is causing this? maybe imgurl? And again, no new F8 errors. Relog was needed after this.
Link: 

Test 7 (trying the same spot as Test 7, but rotating camera 4 times)
Spot: same as Test 1
Steps:
- Open camera
- Took foto
Didn't got stuck
Note: tried 5-6 fotos while switching cameras, 1, 2, 3 X times and didnt got stuck a single time.
No error on F8

Seconds after ( while writting) this got an error on the console ( the html/index.html#/menu:0), trying again after getting this error:
Didnt got stuck.

I will keep exploring this and will edit this post in case I found something more.

Even when I think that my test didn't bring any light to this issue, I decided to post this in case this can help.

EDIT: NEW CASE

Test 8 (using tweedle camera function)
Spot: Still same as Test 1
Steps:
- Active mouse control
- go on tweedle
- pick camera
- take foto
- stuck
Note: I am really confused what happend here, since my map for no reason also opens once i took the Foto.
There were new errors on F8
Link: https://streamable.com/c9jb8j

RESERVED

PS: When I have time, I enjoy debugging stuff!

This has been going on for a few months but apparently never reported. Sometimes if you take a picture on your phone, you get stuck and can't get out of the camera. The picture is also not saved in your gallery and the only way to fix it is to relog. Sometimes it gets fixed by being hit or carried but it doesn't always work, forcing you to relog.
Merged with existing report.

Already assigned Issue Ref#80

I've come up of a way of reproducing this, and this comes down to the Imgur upload (where the photos go). Not sure if this is linked to what is trigger it for you @Bobinz- appreciate the effort you've gone into so far.

Excellent news! This has now been fixed by the development team and will be released in a future server update.
Thanks for doing your bit to help us keep the servers bug free!​

200.gif

Locked & Moved to Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back