What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Motorbike/Archie's Eye Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Darren

Hello 🙂

There is a problem with motorbikes and/or Archie's Eye. I don't know if this refers to all motorbikes, or just the Harley Davidson Iron.

Firstly, I apologise as for some reason my videos don't have audio! So you can't hear my screams, explanations of my actions, or the bike engine.

I first noticed the problem here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCtPeLDjgZE. Please watch from 2:18 onwards to see what happens.
I am trying to sell drugs and then all of a sudden, the bike takes off out of nowhere. I had no control over the speed, cruise control or anything and eventually tried to jump off - which is a separate incident. I wasn't sure what caused this and thought it maybe a problem with a hacker due to the incident at the start of the video.

I then was unable to explain how/why this happened, what I pressed etc. So I have been trying to replicate it, and managed to do so in this short video:

I take you to this video and a full explanation:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Almost immediately you see me approach a car to sell drugs. I open Archie's eye and start clicking around - this did not trigger it. I then opened the eye, and pressed the W key - to drive forward.
At 00:16 you see the bike immediately react to this - it starts driving forward. I try everything - I jumped on the S key to brake, I tried cruise control on and off, I even got rid of the eye that was left on my screen. 

The bike is uncontrollable and instead of jumping this time, I tried to crash to stop the bike, which worked.

I hope you are able to investigate other bikes and replicate this. This is seriously dangerous and I am incredibly lucky to have survived the test that I did. I tested again because I was sure there was an issue that wasn't my fault. Although it wasn't understood why I took corrective action in my comp request (https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/132779-compensation-request-darren-cantium-gta-rp/?tab=comments#comment-763425) However, there are no other options but to jump off or crash when this starts to happen - the bike just gets faster, doesn't react to speed changes and it's very dangerous. 

If you would like me to show you again, on a screen share in Discord or controlled environment, please let me know as I am more than happy to assist.

Thank you,

Darren

I can get some people to test it out tonight to see if it's affecting them too - didn't know that was required...

I got a friend to try this on his Harley Davidson Iron this evening, and nothing happened for him in the same exact situation as I was in - dealing drugs, pressed W, but nothing happened. @LastSEt.

I got a friend to try this on his Harley Davidson Iron this evening, and nothing happened for him in the same exact situation as I was in - dealing drugs, pressed W, but nothing happened. @LastSEt.
Yeah, one of our developers also attempted to recreate it to no avail, is this still an issue you encounter on the server?

As Darren said in his post, I couldn't replicate the issue but, I did not have drugs on me to sell. Only difference between my attempts to replicate and the original issue.

Yeah, one of our developers also attempted to recreate it to no avail, is this still an issue you encounter on the server?
Yes, checked again and still an issue for me. What other information do you need from me? Or what can I change to check?

Right, we've had a few people try to replicate this issue with the exact conditions we can see from your video. I'm going to deny this report for now as I believe it may be a client-sided issue, feel free to re-open a report should you realise different conditions, or have further information to provide to us recording this bug.

Sorry, either we've been unable to reproduce this bug with enough detail, or its not been considered a bug.
Nevertheless, we appreciate your efforts, please do not be discouraged in submitting new bug reports going forward.​

200.gif

Thread locked & moved to Rejected

Just to comment on this further, this is a wider fivem bug, whenever you open a nui while you are pressing w it will sometimes lock your w input. The same happens if you press f8 while holding w, as far as I know there is nothing we can do about this. BTW to stop the w lock just press w again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back