What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Report a player - 186 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Custard Cream

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Rob Robbington

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: 186

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 07/28/21

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 13

What best describes this incident ?: Fail RP, Combat Logg

Please (in detail) describe the incident: We were waiting for a guy in hospital to get up after he had been running our mates down, i attempted to hold him up and he fail rps and combat logs

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://medal.tv/clips/59425057/d1337KGSyEKh

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: No

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Hello @Custard Cream

Before continuing with this report I have a couple of issues regarding context. Mainly that yes, while this video does show a player clearly Fail RPing, there isn't any footage of what has occurred prior to this which may or may not justify his actions. Also, helping someone to get revived just to then immediately attempt to take him hostage inside the hospital doesn't sit well with me personally. If you can provide some more context to the situation or ideally videos/screenshots, that would be much appreciated 

Hello @Custard Cream

Before continuing with this report I have a couple of issues regarding context. Mainly that yes, while this video does show a player clearly Fail RPing, there isn't any footage of what has occurred prior to this which may or may not justify his actions. Also, helping someone to get revived just to then immediately attempt to take him hostage inside the hospital doesn't sit well with me personally. If you can provide some more context to the situation or ideally videos/screenshots, that would be much appreciated 
Well additional context i can provide, videos i cannot as i thought this would be enough.

We met this guy outside the hospital about 25-30 minutes prior to this and we were chatting and everything seemed okay. He offered us a lift to which we declined and as we were running towards legion upper parking he drove into my friend at the time "Connor Moore".

After this i contacted another friend on radio "Bob Bobder" to pick me up in his Tesla so we could go kill the guy and we eventually cornered him outside the back of Mission Row PD. I shot him in the head and was chased down by police. About 5 minutes later we returned to scene in a new car and saw that a medic had picked the guy up, which was not what we wanted. So we waited for the police presence to lower and then we attempted to get him again, since he was revived and the NLR rule wasn't in effect. We downed him again and proceeded to try get him into our car to dump him in the sea however the police came for us again and I was killed in the process and taken to the hospital. As i arrived at the hospital the police brought the guy I am reporting in aswell and placed him in the bed next to me. I told him in the bed that he was a dead man once i had recovered and once i got up we waited around the hospital for about 5ish minutes waiting for him to recover so we could finally get him whilst he is alone. And once he got up he then combat logged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Report Conclusion

After having a look at your side of the story more in-depth, I believe I am ready to close this report. I will explain what actions I am taking and my justification for doing so. In my opinion as a Staff member, I will agree with you that the player who you attempted to take hostage did Fail RP by using the term 'New Life Rule'. I believe he did this in combination with combat logging as he believed he couldn't be taken hostage by you because he had been downed (when NLR actually only applies after death). And because there was no effort to try and resolve this via OOC methods, this player probably still believes he did the correct thing, when he didn't.

However, I'd also like to highlight some things I've noticed from your perspective of things @Custard Cream. I find it very unbelievable that a man who had been shot by cops and taken to hospital would then turn around and attempt to take someone in the very same hospital hostage. That is not the quality of RP we look for here. This sounds more like some kind of low level griefing where you want to take revenge on this guy multiple times because he 'ran down your mates'. After he was picked up the first time, maybe it would be acceptable to take revenge, if the RP story was particularly good. But after the second police encounter in which you were downed, you should have left it alone. On this occasion, I will be lenient since I don't know enough about the RP, and there is no physical proof, but I'd recommend you avoid going after someone repeatedly like this again, especially if you are shot by cops in the process. It's just very bad from an RP standpoint and unfun from a player's perspective. I'd also like to remind you that Rule G7.1 and the hostage taking itself was pretty rushed and rather poor. 

Report Summary

Henry Bobbins (ID 186): Player has already been banned PERMANENTLY for combat logging previously, so this will just be added as more evidence to that ban.

Rob Robbington: Player has been warned about keeping a high standard in RP scenarios and not to repeatedly attack someone even if they're downed, as this can be construed as bullying and/or griefing. While no ban has been issued, this warning may contribute towards a ban if RP quality does not improve. 

Your report has been dealt with, but perhaps not in the way you originally envisaged.

Whether this is beneficial or disadvantageous to you will depend entirely on the situation, and staff will have taken the most-appropriate action in the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back