What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Report a player - "Liam Cassidy" + "kyles" - Malden Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junada

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Al Assad

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: "Liam Cassidy" + "kyles"

Which server did the incident take place on: Malden Life

Date of the incident: 07/27/21

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 2349

What best describes this incident ?: RDM

Please (in detail) describe the incident: Me and my friend Finn, whose in-game name is Atreus, were in the middle of an iron run when a Qilin with about 5 guys comes up behind a fence and are obviously about to rob us, so naturally, instead of hanging around with our dicks in our hands, pardon me, we intend to actually use the guns we have in order to leverage the situation a bit more and exercise the ability to roleplay our way through the situation, and if there is a gunfight at the end of that then so be it. I walk up to the other side of the fence and familiarise myself with them, their weapons and their numbers, then begin to confront the boys with my gun drawn asking for a diplomatic to go about the situation. Finn has meanwhile pushed up to the side of a silo and I go over to him so we're in a better position to hold each other's exposed angles. At no point throughout this standoff are the words "I will shoot, I will kill you etc." said, which even then is poor RP, the only requests that are exchanged are to put each others guns down to gain control of the situation. Neither party has initiated or outlined the threat of death if any command isn't fulfilled. There is a brief silence after which 2 guys, kyles and Liam Cassidy, simultaneously shoot us without warning or threat whatsoever, robbing us of the ability to engage in any roleplay to negotiate or to even expect the gunfight. You can tell in the guys voice just after this that he's considering how monumental of a fuckup they've just done. We then immediately ask for a 180k as compensation, being the 70k worth of processed iron in each HEMTT plus the 20k gear on us both, despite having gone through such a blatant RDM. We proceed to get invited to their discord server and attempt to be civil about it. They, though not all of them, basically argue that the threat of death is implied given the odds of 5:2 stacked against us and hence the situation did not merit the need to exercise any form of initiation, upon mentioning that they've done this before many times and didn't get penalised for it and therefore it must be acceptable to do. This pissed me off. We continue, before getting kicked off the server mid talk. Finn DMs with one of them who was a very genuine guy and understands the fuckery of the situation, pleading to discuss the situation on their behalf, meanwhile they refuse to give out the compensation and are firm in taking this to the forums. It's not right that we have even given them opportunity of comping their way out of this based on how glaringly obvious of a rule breach this was, only for them to decline it and depend on someone else to argue it out for them. It's revolting and has no place in the RPUK community, I've died plenty of times being robbed but I can appreciate that I was killed with appropriate RP in those scenarios, however this was done so wrongly that I'm amazed at how casual these guys acted about it.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-42dFV_kjo%20%20%20%20%20https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDZR6NiFfmo

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

I tried to submit the two links of our perspectives but it merged both, so here they are separately.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDZR6NiFfmo

Hi, 

Thank you for your report. 
I understand where you are coming from, at the moment that you were shot, you were still intending on talking the situation through. However your partner does say twice that if the opposing side don't put their guns down there are going to be issues. This is clearly threatening behaviour. 
One thing that I, as a staff member have always championed, is quality roleplay and moving away from "The script" so to speak. I think here, you have to accept that you are in a hostile roleplay situation and guns are being pointed on both sides. 
The other side inform you that they outnumber you. They give clear instructions not to get closer to them (allbeit they push in further) and their intention is clear. 

Your partners words don't give much room for the verbal roleplay to progress unless they comply with his demands that they put their guns down, which with their numerical advantage wouldn't make much sense. 
If this was to be deemed RDM, we would effectively be putting a bubble around you and saying that you're immune to being shot unless X words are said from their side, or that you get to shoot first as you made the most clear verbal threat whereas they made very few verbal indicators that they were going to shoot you though from their actions, the intent is clear. 

I understand why you feel the way you feel, but roleplay is a two way street and sometimes your own words can land you on the wrong side of a bullet cap. 

I hope this helps. 

Thank you for your report, Unfortunately, it has been declined

The staff member will advise shortly why on this occasion they have declined to take action against the reported player.

Please do not let this put you off making further reports in the future, We rely on our player base to help keep our community clean.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back