What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Edwards Reporting - How do police feel?

geogreyland

​

​

Logo.png

Untitled-1.png

Being new to a city is always interesting, different cities have different ways of life. I've just entered Los Santos and I made it my goal, my only goal, to try and understand the people within this city. I have interviewed two people as I'm writing this, a police officer named Chris Lee in which this article will contain quotes and information directly from him and also a self-proclaimed "Hardened-criminal" who for the reason of anonymity will be named 'Paul'. 

This article will be going over what the officer Chris Lee said and how he feels about the state of the police department, the prisons and the city itself.

One of the first questions I asked Officer Lee was "How bad do you think crime is in this city?" and his response surprised me especially in stark contrast to the criminal in which I interviewed. His response was (in a summed up form) "The city has it's problems but the police are dealing with it the best they can, there are patrols going round keeping an eye out on crimes. There are also dispatches which are sent to any reports." From his answer I could immediately tell that he has full confidence in this cities police force and their capabilities.

While driving around the city on my first day I noticed a lot of speeding. Speeding seemed to be a real problem within this city which makes it not only dangerous for cars on the road but also the locals living within the city going their day to day life. His response to me asking about the speeding issue within the city was "Police are always keeping an eye out for people speeding but also the cameras are always been maintained and up to date, making sure they can catch as many people and fine them." I also asked him "How many tickets would you say you give out daily?" to which the rough number he gave me did really put a shocked expression on my face. "I give out in the 100s." Now I don't need to explain that is an absurd number of tickets but according to Officer Lee they are trying to crack down on this.

The last main topic I discussed was the prisons/ jails and the state of them? I asked "Do you think the prisons are up to a suitable standard?" in which his response was a bit vague but understandably so in my opinion. "We do not run them ourselves as officers. Of course I've been there to drop people off but Gruppe6 have been given the responsibility of running it along with the city hall." He then followed to give me some names to follow up in which I may do a follow up article on.

In summary Officer Chris Lee doesn't speak for the whole force of course but he feels personally confident in his abilities and the forces ability to fight crime. I get a sense he was speaking honestly and not just because he is an officer himself but of course I cannot validate this.

To finish off I would like to thank Chris Lee for giving me an interview, he was friendly and easy to talk to, a great first impression of the police from my end, we'll see how it goes.

Report by Robert Edwards.

​

Last edited by a moderator:
Back