What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Unban Appeal - AndreasM - Malden Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreasM

Unban Appeal for AndreasM 

In-game Name: Andre

Server: Malden Life

Steam ID: 76561198154073552

Ban ID: I dont know how to find this..

Reason given for your ban: C1.7

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned because I took advantage of a player being in the VDM script and initiated on him, giving him no time to initiate back/defend himself during the initiation.

Why should we unban you ?: Well to start off, I was initially banned for VDM (1.1), which shows that the admin that banned me took little to no time to examine the evidence that lead to my ban. After hopping on teamspeak and talking about it, the evidence was examined once again and my ban suddenly changed to C1.7 Common Sense. Even when i explained that I was not aware that I am not able to initiate on a player thats in the VDM "animation", the admin's response was that "we usually dont initiate on players that are on the ground, we give them time to get up"

The VDM was not my fault therefore i thought it was okay to initiate. Since it clearly isn't, I will not be doing it again. After all, that's the point of a ban.
The Common Sense rule is so unclear and vague, so even though i did not get banned for the reason i was initially reported for, an admin came in and banned me for something that is not even stated in the rules.

Not much else to say here, simply a "rulebreak" which i was not aware of, and wont be repeated again.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

You have in total now, 9 bans and 6 additional notes.

At what point do we say enough is enough?

Well, taking into consideration that the last rule I broke was made up mid-conversation in Teamspeak, and my last ban was extremely unfair since the roleplay standard of the person that reported me was way worse than mine, I think it is safe to say that 7 of them are valid..

Bear in mind that all of these bans are over a course of 4+ years. 4 years of consistent gameplay on a single server gets you into a lot of different scenarios and situations in which you may or may not make a mistake. With that being said, I can not give you a number that defines how many bans are enough, but I can tell you that the same offense will not be repeated again.

It is up to the administration of the server to judge when enough is enough, but I'd say that being banned for something that I wasn't aware of nor is stated clearly within the rules of the server should not be my last ban/chance. 

Hope I answered your question while emphasizing the fact that rules should be stated clearly and this ban should not be upheld as ones interpretation of 'Common Sense' is different to another's which creates a lot of ambiguity around ones decision to enforce the rule and uncertainty to the players that can not clearly define it. 

OK, going to step in here and clarify. It was not made up on the spot. You brought to my attention that I had misunderstood the VDM part of your ban and when I realised, I clarified that the VDM wasn't the correct ban number, but I also clarified that the VDM wasn't really the part I was most concerned about. Please do not portray me as someone just making something up to keep you banned. I am not. I have nothing personally against you what so ever.

To address your next point, the ambiguity of the common sense rule. Unfortunately, common sense is, by definition, ambiguous. We cannot possibly convey every single thing that is against the rules. For example, there is no rule stating that you cannot lie in an attempt to gain items from a compensation request. But you will likely be banned should you try. To quote the C1.7 rule: (C1.7) Common Sense - As a Roleplay game, every situation is different and not everything can be detailed within these rules and so it is important to remember this is an adult community and some things simply come down to common sense.

Now instead of trying to poke holes in my dealing with the situation, how about we deal with the issue at hand. Do you honestly think it is ok to take advantage of someone being in the VDM animation so that you can take them hostage, rob them, etc?

To be fair, yes I do. From my first days in RPUK I've seen white-listed factions abuse the VDM Animation and spam "Shift-R". When you see the majority of people in the server, including those factions zip-tie or taze players in the VDM script, you are obviously going to follow along. I've never seen anyone report another player for taking advantage of the vdm animation (in the way that you claim I took advantage of it). 

You have in total now, 9 bans and 6 additional notes.

At what point do we say enough is enough?
And please do explain how is the staff member here "dealing with the issue at hand" rather than poking holes in my ban record? How is a reminder of my ban record relevant to the issue here. As I said, it is the administration that knows when enough is enough, not me. 

And since I'll have to repeat it again, now that I know that initiating while someone is VDM'd it will not happen again. 

I am now aware, me and my group will not be taking advantage of it, but we will be reporting factions and players that are, I think it's time this rule is enforced and made known to the average player playing on your server.

Once again, thank you very much for your time. I am more than happy to answer any further questions you may have that are of course relevant to the subject. 

And please do explain how is the staff member here "dealing with the issue at hand" rather than poking holes in my ban record? How is a reminder of my ban record relevant to the issue here. As I said, it is the administration that knows when enough is enough, not me. 
I suspect that he was showing you this to see if you had any remorse or reason for this, but instead you try to tell us that you don't think some of them are valid etc. That was your chance to say "yeah, that's pretty bad actually, Ill do better" but instead you go on about being here for 4 years and 7 (9) bans isn't that bad. I would like to point out that the vast majority of people in this community who have been here that long have zero bans. 

To be fair, yes I do. From my first days in RPUK I've seen white-listed factions abuse the VDM Animation and spam "Shift-R". When you see the majority of people in the server, including those factions zip-tie or taze players in the VDM script, you are obviously going to follow along.
I have seen people do it too, and they were also banned. This has never been acceptable. We are adults here, who want to play the game for fun, not to use every little thing to get one up on other people. An example of this from my personal experience: A few days ago, we were chasing someone down on foot, as cops, when another officer sped in their car to catch up. In doing so, the officer tapped the guy we were chasing. He jumped out of the car, the rest of the cops stopped, he said "sorry mate, on your feet, carry on" and once the guy had recovered from the VDM script, we began the chase again as if nothing happened. 

So far, you have gone through this appeal as though you are right and you have done nothing wrong. If that was the case, you wouldn't be here right now, you would likely be playing the game. Now, tell me this, why have you managed to amass so many bans? Do you have issues with sticking to the rules? Do you have moments of bad judgement etc? These are not loaded questions, I genuinely want to know so that we may be able to figure out the best way to deal with this all. 

@AndreasMplease respond soon or this appeal will time out. 

I'll not be replying to the first two paragraphs, even if there is a lot to comment on them I feel like it will stretch the appeal out and waste more of our time. 

I'll address the 3rd paragraph which actually is substantial. 
As I said previously, I've been playing very actively for more than 4 years, getting my self in hostile situations with my group that can always end one way or another, depending on the person that I'm roleplaying with. You responded to this by saying that the vast majority hasn't broken rules in the same amount of time, and my response to that is that there is another huge percentage of this community that has broken even more, therefore not being here now. 

4 years is a lot of time for a person to make mistakes and correct them. The question shouldn't be "how many bans do you have" but "how are you willing to move forward from this point", and I've already replied,  I can promise you that it will not be repeated. If I had trouble sticking with the rules, I'd be gone from the first two years.  

Even though the rules are vague, I've tried to follow them in the best of my ability and will continue doing so, slip ups will happen if you engage in 100 scenarios in a day. 

With that being said I'd like to repeat myself yet another time, my actions that lead to this ban will not be repeated and if they do then you may simply quote this sentence right here and permanently ban me. 

Again, thank you for your time and effort and hope that I've responded to your questions.

Lets take a step back for a second here @AndreasM

I'll not be replying to the first two paragraphs, even if there is a lot to comment on them I feel like it will stretch the appeal out and waste more of our time. 
Its not up to you to decide what you answer and dont answer here. We ask questions, we probe and we also look if people are just continuing to break rules over time. 9 bans is a lot regardless of time spent here so you can say you have a slip up here and there however your perm banned due to the fair ban system. Thats a whole lot of slip ups in a short space of time.

I do NOT doubt the fact that if i unbanned you you would not do that again. I do believe you, however the reason this is taking so long is because you have spent more time thinking how to write a clever response because you feel you have been wronged (i do understand this btw) however the way your coming across is whats holding you up here.

Can you even begin to understand this scenario from our point of view? You seem to be looking at this only from your end. 

Its not up to you to decide what you answer and dont answer here. We ask questions
Obviously didn't comment on the first two paragraphs that Bowen sent because they weren't questions... Any comments on anything but a question would not help the situation. 

Through this ban appeal I have tried to emphasize that the rule that I "broke" is extremely unclear, and justify why I did whatever I did in the video ( and why I thought it was okay to do it). Anyone that has carefully read through my responses/initial unban appeal responses can see that.

I fully understand what you want me to say. I can see why so many bans could be a problem in an admins POV. But yet again, I've said that no such action will be repeated and I will try to the best of my ability to stay within the rules and have a good time without breaking them. Another ban would most likely be my last one for quite some time so the best choice I have is to be careful, should another chance be given here. 

I hate repeating myself and a 5-paragraph-long apology would not help the situation. Everything I could say to defend myself has already been stated. Before you take any actions (whether that is a ban or an unban) please understand that I comprehend why so many bans aren't acceptable and please read through some of my responses again. 

That is all that I can say without repeating myself, If you have any other questions that have not been stated in this thread, I'd be happy to answer them. 

Amazes me how people still dont think we read these appeals.

Anyway, i am going to be unbanning you now. I do believe you will not break this rule again and i hope to not have to see you in this section again. 

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back