What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Fuel In The City - Trucking

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickyM

Banned
The new trucking system just seems to be so pointless. Every job I have seen available has been for £1. Trucking is pretty much the only legal job in the city that actually pays a decent amount and reflects to the cities economy and prices, now its just been taken away. Fuel prices are high, most fuel stations dont even have fuel, council tax has been implemented, all this extra money you have to pay out and the legal job payouts reflect poorly compared to the cities economy. 

I understand the trucking depot before was busy and people would cancel jobs to try get the higher paying ones which would then hold up the depot even more, but the easiest way to fix that would surely be putting a cooldown on the cancelled jobs? Is the new trucking system a permanent change? Will other legal jobs start paying out more money to reflect better on the cities prices? Just seems a bit of a weird change to me. 

It makes no sense that a LEGAL job pays more then an illegal one. Trucking literally broke the economy. Should be all about selling drugs, doing gun deals and RPing. Theres no RP involved when you sit there in a truck all day alone driving a truck

People will pay you more if you provide good roleplay, it always rewards in the long run, I remember making a million @ the start by not doing a single job, just through roleplay that people appreciated it at the time , never constantly worry about money money money, its not economy based its RP based 

The new trucking system just seems to be so pointless. Every job I have seen available has been for £1. Trucking is pretty much the only legal job in the city that actually pays a decent amount and reflects to the cities economy and prices, now its just been taken away. Fuel prices are high, most fuel stations dont even have fuel, council tax has been implemented, all this extra money you have to pay out and the legal job payouts reflect poorly compared to the cities economy. 

I understand the trucking depot before was busy and people would cancel jobs to try get the higher paying ones which would then hold up the depot even more, but the easiest way to fix that would surely be putting a cooldown on the cancelled jobs? Is the new trucking system a permanent change? Will other legal jobs start paying out more money to reflect better on the cities prices? Just seems a bit of a weird change to me. 
It isn't meant to be the best job in the market all the time and break the economy like it did previously

We are trying to make the market more dynamic, there will be times with really high fuel prices and really rewarding job payouts and times where we have too much fuel but no one has made steel or materials for a while so mining/smelting will be more profitable.

The fuel update has been out for less than 24 hours and your passing judgement on it, there is no way to reliably judge any effects on the economy.

Also the average payout of is 8.7k so your numbers seem just a tiny bit off.

Fuel prices are high
I've collected a little bit of data on this.

Fuel prices have calmed. I'll be using petrol as my example as I don't have the full picture for diesel just yet.

The cheapest price for diesel currently is £4 per litre. This means that refilling my car costs me £600 at this petrol station. 

The median cost for petrol is £8. Refilling a car at the median petrol price rises to £1,200. 

Fuel prices are only 'high' because they were cheap before hand. Obviously there are some outliers to this, such as two fuel stations charging £50 and £200 per litre of petrol. 

If you think the fuel prices are high, take a look at the varied cost of smoothies. 

Every job I have seen available has been for £1
This is likely to keep the costs down, where the owners, or their friends, will be taking the delivery. 

It makes no sense that a LEGAL job pays more then an illegal one. Trucking literally broke the economy. Should be all about selling drugs, doing gun deals and RPing. Theres no RP involved when you sit there in a truck all day alone driving a truck
it wasent just the money for me i moved to the city 4 weeks ago i started doing trucking and i have met some really nice people there who i really click with. I think it was a week or 2 ago where there was a protest and i found it was a good protest. no one kicked off and no one got arrested. i dont think it should be all about selling drugs and doing gun deals as when u have a built up recored you will get LIFE in prison. Life in prison sounds boring to me id rather be in a truck traveling around the city meeting new people to enhance my role play experience. i just think its a shame that you think roleplay is about selling drugs and doing gun deals or other illigal activity 

it wasent just the money for me i moved to the city 4 weeks ago i started doing trucking and i have met some really nice people there who i really click with. I think it was a week or 2 ago where there was a protest and i found it was a good protest. no one kicked off and no one got arrested. i dont think it should be all about selling drugs and doing gun deals as when u have a built up recored you will get LIFE in prison. Life in prison sounds boring to me id rather be in a truck traveling around the city meeting new people to enhance my role play experience. i just think its a shame that you think roleplay is about selling drugs and doing gun deals or other illigal activity 
If it's not about the money for you what changes then? Trucking is still a thing, it's just less money and surely you will speak to people more as fuel station owners will start to build connections with people? 

Surely people can see trucking has been broken for a long time, it was stupid that you would make more money doing two paleto runs than you would in the time it took you to sell drugs in that same time period, same as it was with fishing, your more than welcome to go down the legal only route but don't expect to make as much as illegal work? 

If it's not about the money for you what changes then? Trucking is still a thing, it's just less money and surely you will speak to people more as fuel station owners will start to build connections with people? 

Surely people can see trucking has been broken for a long time, it was stupid that you would make more money doing two paleto runs than you would in the time it took you to sell drugs in that same time period, same as it was with fishing, your more than welcome to go down the legal only route but don't expect to make as much as illegal work? 
i said it wasent just about the money of corse money does matter when people are charging 600k for a car and IRL that car is worth 50k to rack up 600k doing mechanic work or taxi work ect is hard. You do a mechanic job get 2500 then you got to fuel up your truck with ridiculous money. What matters to me now is no one is trucking when i was at the trucking depo i would meet new people now theres hardly anyone there.

What matters to me now is no one is trucking when i was at the trucking depo i would meet new people now theres hardly anyone there.
Give it time, each fuelstation started with 50k L of petrol and 50k L of diesel so there is really no reason for them to order more if they are not running low. Cars have a tank of ~250L and trucks are ~550L  so you can do the math on how long it takes till the fuel station runs out. As I said give it time and everyone will see the effects it has on economy if it turns out to be bad in every imaginable way I belive the developers will tweak the system accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back