What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Gang burrito van boot space bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sher Khan

The boot space of this van is 250, but when it is empty it says 150/250 which means I'm only able to store 100 items in this at once. I bought it today but I'm not sure what time I did so. My in game character name is Martin Chad. Here are some screenshots attached to show you what it looks like along with the plate number. 

comp req 2.png

comp req 3.png

comp req 1.png

Another one of my cars has the same bug. I think it's something related to storing steel in vehicle trunks. Please look into it.comp req 1.pngcomp req 2.pngcomp req 1.png

Thanks for the report.

Was the vehicle like that when you purchased it, or was there a time where the car did have full capacity? You mention the steel maybe causing an issue, is there any more information on that?

I've tried moving some steel around and putting in storage of the type of cars you have, but can't seem to trigger anything. If you have any more information that would help reproduce the issue on my end that would be really useful.

no it was absolutely normal when i purchased it. I think its related to how boot space is bugging out. What happens is if you have for example 100 boot space, you put 50 iron ore

then it'd be 50/100 space right? Then you add steel in the boot let's say it's around 25, then the boot space should say 100/100 since steel takes 2 boot space per bar, but it'd be 75/100 and you could store more stuff in the boot when you shouldn't be allowed to. When you're done unloading all of the things, the boot space bugs out to stay 25/100 even when the boot is empty. I don't know if this makes sense but my point is, try to store some iron and then add steel as much as you can in your vehicle and then unload everything to see if it bugs out.

I was about to head to bed, but thought I'll give it a go.

What I've done;

• Added 195 Iron to the van (195/250 storage)
  • Added 55 Steel to the van (250/250 storage)
  • Tried adding more of either, doesn't work
  • Removed 5 of each item from the van (-5 storage each time)
  • Last item removed leaves 0/250 storage

So I need to do some more work on trying to recreate the problem tomorrow.

I need to confirm but I'm certain some items take up more space in your pocket than they are in a vehicle, but not sure why you're seeing the issue when you come to remove everything.  

Also, i have come back around 6 hours later to find both of my vehicles un bugged. It's really sketchy but it does happen, and 100% it's related to steel. I can't seem to pinpoint what the issue is caused by but im sure it stems from steel. Thank you for looking into it, it doesn't seem to be a consistent issue so I should be able to manage. 

This bug has been floating aroudn for a while, I think the entire storage system needs tweaking. How houses, cars and benches hold items that weight 0 or more than 1 is flawed. If you put 250 plastic sheets into a van and park that van (or collect from impound) after some time (usually a storm) it will weight 500 as plastic sheets weight 2 each. If you did this with repairkits, that weight 3 each, you'll still only be 500/250.

Storing weightless items in a home is also a little scuffy, I could never figure it out.

I don't play much on RPUK anymore, but when I do come back I'll report more bugs directly to you Jason.

I had the same issue with my gang burrito my van got bugged after I too out the stored copper and steel it showed 89/250 when empty, however it got fixed by itself after I removed everything and the server restarted

Between the bug not being there and then the bug appearing, are you storing your vehicle, parking it etc or does the issue occur all while it's out in the 'open'?

@JasonO It happens to me when I store items that weigh more than 1 inside a vehicle. You'll only notice the weight change after server restart. Fill a van with 250 plastic sheets, wait until the server restarts and then it'll be 500/250 because plastic sheets actually weigh 2 each.

You can do this with a normal car storing some repair kits as well.

@JasonO It happens to me when I store items that weigh more than 1 inside a vehicle. You'll only notice the weight change after server restart. Fill a van with 250 plastic sheets, wait until the server restarts and then it'll be 500/250 because plastic sheets actually weigh 2 each.

You can do this with a normal car storing some repair kits as well.
I see. So it's being recalculated wrong after a restart, but it works fine before then? That helps narrowing it down - thank you.

I see. So it's being recalculated wrong after a restart, but it works fine before then? That helps narrowing it down - thank you.
I haven't played in weeks, but yea, this was my issue. I think attempts were made to resolve the issue, and it has improved, but there are still times it happens.

overfilled boot.jpg

As far as I have noticed the bug started to occur after the weight of steel ingot changed, I have no video proof of it but it happened to me twice and both of the time I have put steel and some other ore in the car at the same time and after removing it the car got bugged instantly, didn't even store it or anything and it remained bugged until I removed the steel from  it and the server restarted.

Thank you for your help in alerting us to this bug, now that all of the required information has been gathered, it's been logged with the development team who will look to fix this. ​

200.gif

Thread locked, awaiting development team response

Excellent news! This has now been fixed by the development team and will be released in a future server update.
Thanks for doing your bit to help us keep the servers bug free!​

200.gif

Locked & Moved to Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back