What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Police Panic button bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesBriscoe

I've noticed with my friends that whenever a police officer hits his panic button it no longer does the animation? countless times have me and my friends held a police officer up, told them not to hit the panic button and they have said "I haven't, I haven't" but then a lot of police turn up, the officer we tried taking hostage said he hit his panic and the animation just wasn't shown so we didn't know, not sure if it is a bug or just officers exploiting and skipping the animation but it's annoying lmao.

Example This G6 panicked and as you can see there is no animation.

https://gyazo.com/db82d210461d65c4c248fc4a4acf735a

As you can see he did not reach for his shoulder at all but his panic button got pressed.

I don't believe there is an issue with the animation. They commited to pulling a weapon out which, if timed the same time as the panic press, would overwrite the panic press animation. That can't be helped.

I've just come off the dev server, but will check when next on. If anyone who has used the panic button recently can confirm if there are any known issues with the animation not occuring?

I don't believe there is an issue with the animation. They commited to pulling a weapon out which, if timed the same time as the panic press, would overwrite the panic press animation. That can't be helped.

I've just come off the dev server, but will check when next on. If anyone who has used the panic button recently can confirm if there are any known issues with the animation not occuring?
it was the only clip i could provide and it was of my friend not me, but even if they aren't doing anything related to another animation it still doesn't show it, me and my friend went to rob a police officer the other day, told him to put his hands up and stuff, i ziptied him and went to put him in the car but it scuffed and i ended up getting shot, when asking the officer "why did you panic button when we had guns on you and telling you not to?" he said "i panicked before you told me not to" but he never done the animation so we thought this was a one off but since then every single time we have grabbed a police officer or a G6 as hostage we never see them hit the panic button but apparently they do, i will ask my other friends and search more of my videos to see if any of us have another clip of it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

at first we thought it was just an animation override and since they had their hands up it didn't show but when we were looking at clips from a week ago bored we saw an officer have his hands up and when he hit his panic button his hand done the panic animation and went back to putting his hands up

Would that be an exploit though? Surely the same as getting around the drug selling animation? You wouldn't be able to do both anyway, so surely the officer needs to pick if he's going to do one or the other? 

Would that be an exploit though? Surely the same as getting around the drug selling animation? You wouldn't be able to do both anyway, so surely the officer needs to pick if he's going to do one or the other? 
Animation canceling is so exploited it needs a crackdown or a rework in my eyes.

When did it stop doing the animation when you had your hands up? It used to do both before?

There are a number of animations you cannot avoid that will overwrite the animation if done in the same second. There is also the issue of this synchronising up on what is seen on the other client(s). If you use your phone, receive a call, sometimes if you get pushed by something.

It could be using your radio to cancel the weapon being pulled out, which would be the way other way around, could also be seen as exploiting the animation system.

I have tested the panic button and on each occasion I tried the animation puts your hand on your radio for a second before lowering it, but it can be interrupted as it always has been. Wherever or not that is exploiting will no doubt depend on what is triggering it to cancel. It also cancels the hands up animation to do it too, although putting your hands up again after will cancel it.

Animations are a part of many scripts and general GTA actions. Being able to monitor this, block things if for that moment one of many other animations are displaying is likely to cause more problems than it solves. Also, network sync could also prevent an animation being shown on another client as smooth as you would think and if the animation is only 1 second long anyway there could be times it doesn't show long enough for another client to receive the network message, do the animation before something else stops it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, either we've been unable to reproduce this bug with enough detail, or its not been considered a bug.
Nevertheless, we appreciate your efforts, please do not be discouraged in submitting new bug reports going forward.​

200.gif

Thread locked & moved to Rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back