What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Gang RP Quality Improvements

Ravenzzz

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
So I thought I should bring this up since its been talked a lot amongst ourselves but not really brought up, properly discussed and changes/ improvements being made. As we all know, turf gangs are required to provide the best quality rp in the server, hence why they receive turfs, custom clothing/ weapons etc. However, we all are aware that the turf gang quality has been very low compared to whats expected, and lots of player reports/ bans have been put in place. I am very sure im not the only one who thinks this. 

We can see it from recent events, all ranging from mere kidnappings (which are poor, considering people just grab someone, kill and dump) to all out wars which the reasons behind it is childish (Tweedle beef = war, chat shit = war). I believe turf gangs are now friend groups with matching outfits, trying to protect their ego which if people disrespect them even a tiny bit, will result in death. In reality, turf gangs should provide high quality rp for the whole server, making great storylines that provide interesting outcomes, like writing a book and directing a movie as whatever people do, there are always people watching. Easiest example is when gangs fight on tweedle, the whole server reads it and watches the fight. Im sure everyone spectating have the same thought. "Is this the high quality rp of turf gangs?". If the current RP quality of turf gangs is considered the highest, then the bar is set too low. Turf gangs are the rolemodel for other gangs that have no turf, since RPUK is a gang based server, its all about gangs. This poor RP cycle will never stop because as new people join the server, they watch these gangs do what they do, and follow their footsteps. New recruits to gangs follow whatever the members/seniors/leaders do. 

The turf gang lore has yet to be updated and personally I think it needs to be revised. Turf gangs should have an interesting history, which then makes interesting present and future events to happen. I dont think the current gangs are really embodying their lore and showing their identity. The only thing that separates the gangs are the colors and thats it. They should have different cultures, traditions, or whatever makes them unique but currently its just whoever has the most money, best cars, most guns, most members etc. 

I think every turf gang needs a pause to stop and discuss their future. Are you giving the highest quality RP on the server ? Are you making sure everyone is enjoying what you do, making interesting RP scenarios, instead of just making sure you win every single situation? Are you striving to create interesting stories/ events that would be remembered instead of treating an RP server like an RPG, collecting every single thing you can and maxing everything to be "On Top" ? (No problem with grinding but I think turf gangs should put making interesting RP scenarios their highest priority, and putting money etc second). Maybe what the server needs is a month or two of "turf gang revision", where turf gangs review their lore, review their members on how everyone should act, their organizational structure like who is leading and what not. A period where turf gangs can prove that they deserve the turf because they are able to provide the high quality of RP that is expected. 

I'm just here voicing out my concerns because I love the RPUK community and I want everyone to be able to enjoy this server as much as I do. We all want to have fun here and I think if the factions/ turf gangs that are expected to give the highest RP quality can do so, then im sure everyone will benefit from it and RPUK will continue to be the best RP server in the UK and Europe. The question is though, how are you gonna spend your time ? 🙂

The turf gang lore has yet to be updated and personally I think it needs to be revised. Turf gangs should have an interesting history, which then makes interesting present and future events to happen. I dont think the current gangs are really embodying their lore and showing their identity. The only thing that separates the gangs are the colors and thats it. They should have different cultures, traditions, or whatever makes them unique but currently its just whoever has the most money, best cars, most guns, most members etc. 
This was the original idea. But it seems to have slipped. 

at the moment, it feel like gangs are looking for any reasson to kill anyone, and dump them.

Gangs in arma provided more RP than they do here atm

I always stay away from gangs, though I've found that individuals are nice.
Gangs feel like they are very inclusive and unapproachable if you want to join them, though I've only interacted with a few so that might not be true for all of them.

Their wars can make it interesting for the NHS as at one point we were told to not help curtain gangs and to have body cams at all times. Half the city was off limits for us as their war started in the north then moved down the city. I felt bad though, for any Civs that got in the crossfire. 

I think overall that the idea of them having meets and going over a gang code, culture and how they interact with the rest of the city is a good idea. They do blur into one entity just with a different colour sometimes.

I think that the gang that felt most unique was the Apostles as you always said goodbye to them with "God Bless", they are very religious and they seem generally nice during my interactions with them. 

This is something that is actively being worked on since recently. Various gangs have been given the opportunity to come up with some ideas to make their storyline and "lore" more unique and make the roleplay more interesting for all parties involved. 

There will be more opportunities like this given to other groups that are seen giving high quality roleplay and creating unique experiences for everyone around them.

Now I am no turf gang, however I try and run the Fallen Angels MC to the best of my ability, and I urge if anyone witnesses any shit roleplay from anyone in the MC to DM me videos of the poor RP so I can deal with this internally. We strive to provide High Quality RP and try and give everyone the best experience possible while still trying to capture what we are.

When it comes to the MC, We got involved in a war with The Lost MC, the tension between both clubs grew which ended up in a war and the ending to that war was a patch over as we changed from Angels Of Death MC to the Fallen Angels MC. No we did not have to do this, but for the sake of RP it was right thing to do. 

I do agree with some of the stuff being said that gangs do need to provide the highest quality RP in the server and it is true considering the amount of stuff gangs can do in and around the city. I feel that that not all fault can go onto gangs and the RP given. 

I started off a padrino as was involved in lots of quality of RP scenarios whether it was gun selling, drug selling and many more. I've also recently had the time to join Vagos now. I know most gangs do strive to deliver high quality RP I know that always the case when I was a padrino and also now as a member of Vagos. There is time when people make mistakes etc and the RP isn't the best but I class that down to human error personally or sometimes just being caught in the heat of the moment. 

I personally think there is a bigger problem that causes the gangs to have "bad RP" which is the amount of money gangs can generate. The perfect example of this is multiple gangs or mc's in the city owning, shops, clubs, gas stations, dealerships etc. This then creates a huge income for them to have the money to buy guns etc. I tried in between my time from leaving the padrinos and joining Vagos to go fully legit and create an organization that worked in the mining and smelting industry but unfortunately there isn't enough oppurtunity to build these storylines or grow legit businesses due to prices of buying property and extraudanary and sometimes completely overpriced. For example a business in city should cost more than maybe a business out of city to buy, however this is not the case due to the people owning either wanting to make high amounts of money or not wanting to sell and collect businesses around the city like they are playing monopoly.

In regards to the war stuff I totally agree the reason some of the wars happen are stupid and sometimes start over people chatting shit on tweedle. There should be more RP behind the wars and good storylines. I feel though that sometimes these wars are personally ruined though by police stopping them or trojan coming into a scene and always wanting to win no matter the risk is for them. Perfect exmaple of this, was the other day at the airport there was a 3v2 gang fight and then it turned into 3v2 gangs +police coming and deciding to go KOS on people. The risk factor of the police that where there, to KOS 5 different gangs there I personally think was to high and they should have waited and collected evidence then when the scene was safe allowed gone in and dealt with the injured and then investigated into what happened etc. I was at the airport shootout and I was about to get saved by a friend and he got shot by the police for trying to save myself and his friend when he didnt even shoot at the police or nothing. I think we can blame the gangs for their RP but we also need to look into factors about police RP and maybe more oppurtunities for normal people wanting to RP and not be in a gang as well, stuff like more jobs, new businesses etc. 

One thing that I have noticed is that barely any gang members are actually playing their role, they are acting like the only thing that makes them a gangster is that they walk around in colours shooting anyone who bad mouths them. Its like everyone is playing the same character just with their own skin, people need to make their own story, and dont just play how you imagine yourself in a world with no consequences, play an actual gangster.

I was in AOD for a while and I tried my hardest to seem like a biker, I changed my slang and adjusted myself to the role, I think that is something more people could try, cause rn as a cop, the only people I meet are 'british character that acts hard #23'. 

Then again tho, there are some people that I have seen great rp from, some one the triads I have met are good at it, and the apostles usually have a good dynamic, even if its just them finishing their sentences with god bless, and even though it pains me to say this, ive seen it from a few aztecas, even if the rp was them being annoying xD.

All jokes aside, I think there is work that could be done, and I know it could work as there are people on the server that are good at it.

I have one question for the gangs in regards to the actual turfs. Is it generally accepted that the turf for the gang is marked inside the coloured zone and only that or is it generally accepted that all other streets in proximity to that turf are also claimed as theirs. Boundaries would be cool like in real life, everyone knows what areas are what.

Im genuinely curious and when i questioned one gang member it devolved in to "ive got a gun, im gonna shoot you" because he wanted me to pay tax and i didnt want to pay. so i was trying to negotiate.

Curious as to how each person sees it within the city.

I have one question for the gangs in regards to the actual turfs. Is it generally accepted that the turf for the gang is marked inside the coloured zone and only that or is it generally accepted that all other streets in proximity to that turf are also claimed as theirs. Boundaries would be cool like in real life, everyone knows what areas are what.

Im genuinely curious and when i questioned one gang member it devolved in to "ive got a gun, im gonna shoot you" because he wanted me to pay tax and i didnt want to pay. so i was trying to negotiate.

Curious as to how each person sees it within the city.
I think it generally depends on the gang and the area they are in, I know aztecas and and ballas both control the surrounding streets pretty heavily, but I know apostles only really care about the church and the main street outside it. But for tax, id say if you can sell on it and its just outside of the area of a gang, you still need to pay. however I believe there are places that you can sell where there are no turfs.

Its just imagination you need. Some people need the imagination spoon fed to them and others can create their own in their heads and then articulate it to the masses. 

If you want to create a macroeconomic effect (encompassing the whole city) the best way to do that would be through Weazel news - if you want it to be server wide instantaneously this is. Otherwise all of the lore and RP would be word of mouth delivery only, and it would take a long time and probably not be handed out to the newest players who dont know anyone well enough to receive the flow of information. 

In feudal societies the community would receive its information from the local holy person, now I am not suggesting Father Augustus should be the cities narrator but in the modern world we have Tweedle/twitter (and instagram/tiktok) to relay our story lines but when Tweedle is "managed" the way it is the story lines get hugely convoluted and people dont see the narrative flow.  Too many voices shout at once because people think every thought should be a tweet. The rest of us get lost in the din. 

To truly have a positive impact server wide i think we need a proper Weazel news team but it is a selfless task, youd need to go around the gangs individually and collect their stories like an investigative journalist and then document, edit and produce a narrative without all of the spelling errors of tweedle and eventually produce a high quality product which can be enjoyed by the whole city. Combine this with excerpts from the high quality streamers who stream regularly and you'd have a really awesome product showcasing the best elements that the city has to offer. People could then tune into the broadcasts and understand the latest beef between the Apostles and the Callahans or whoever it is this week who is beefing and it would feel like a proper storyline happening throughout the city.

It is easy to do but it just takes time.  There was a Weazel news team at one time but i dont know what happened to them. 

Thats the sort of thing id love to see because Weazel news could be the fourth wall to a birds eye view of the city so that the server narrative can be fully appreciated. 

EDIT: just saw the Weazel news thread at the top. Props to the people behind that. It needs to be better advertised in game - maybe a banner advert on the OOC chat and if possible some decent videos? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back