What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

BAN HOUSE SALE SCAMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopsLad

Will use an example to prove my point

(this is not a player report)

Today me and a couple friends decided to to buy a house, so we all put our money together, (being fairy new to the server this was very hard earned). We found someone who wanted to sell and they got us to meet them. we asked to pay half first and half after we get the keys. After sending the money the player then decides to go into the house and hide/log off for over an hour whilst we sit outside. Eventually we leave and come back later on to find him and his friends around the house, when we try to confront them they hide back in the house which is completely avoiding RP. I think this seruously needs to be banned as we have to all basically start from scratch again money wise, if he came out the house and tried to spin some kind of RP situation or even called some people to come kill us whilst we waited then i wouldnt have minded. Its just the fact that its basically combat logging. Just to finish off i believe this is blatantly breaking rule G1.5 (power gaming) in the sense that the player knew once we handed the money that he could log off in the house and nothing could be done for us to get it back, there is no way we can try to steal it back or even ask for it to be returned. The player in question knew that they was going to win the situation no matter what.

I hope you will take all this into consideration and it has probably put us off from coming back to the server, just think that somthing should be done to avoid others having the same treatment. 

Many thanks

We already have a legal system in place to combat scams.

Whenever you make a purchase or sell something, make sure you have written proof of both parties wanting to enter into the trade. The most easy way this can be done is via text message in game.

After there has been a confirmation from both parties involved, and one of the parties still decides to run with the money/asset, you will have enough proof to get in contact with a solicitor to take further legal action In Character.

You also have the option for an escrow/middleman to avoid scamming too.

No way in hell are you going to hand over a significant amount of money over to a stranger IRL without formal paperwork or agreements being done or legal professionals involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back