What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Unban Appeal - minky - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

minky

Unban Appeal for minky 

In-game Name: Mick Turbo

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198077878985

Ban ID: !!rpuk364!!

Reason given for your ban: C2.2, C2.3

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I am re-appealing a ban that I was given for 30 days. I was banned for combat logging and abusing the bleed out timer.

I also didn't help my case by telling an admin that I won't be coming back to RPUK out of frustration at the time.

Why should we unban you ?: I feel over the last 30 days I've had time to think and understand what i did was wrong. I have learnt my lesson and will not be making the same mistakes again.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

I feel over the last 30 days I've had time to think and understand what i did was wrong. I have learnt my lesson and will not be making the same mistakes again.
So you feel this is what it takes? Two sentences and I should just go "Yup, he's a changed man"? Afraid that ain't it...

So, I'll give you another chance with these two questions, which I hope will be answered with a bit more effort.

1. Why do you think we have the Combat Loggin rule and in what way are other players affected if you break it?
2. Properly this time, why should we give you a second chance? How do I know this will not happen again?

Hi Nomad,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Sorry about the short unban request and thanks for another chance to justify why I should be unbanned from RPUK!

Please see below the answers to your questions:

1. The main reasons I think you have the combat logging rules in place are to stop people from rage quitting, logging out to save gear and exploiting the bleed out timer. Another reason and in my opinion the more important reason is the effect on others RP'ing. For example If someone was to combat log in the middle of being arrested it would completely ruin the RP experience for the police officers which is just uncool and unfortunatelyi learnt this the hard way.

2. I can guarantee it won't happen again. I've missed playing on RPUK so much, there's no other server like it on FiveM! RPUK was the first proper GTA RP experience i have been involved in so i am really gutted to have ruined it by breaking a few rules which at the time i didn't realize the importance of! Nomad i can assure you it won't happen again!

Thank you again for reviewing my case. I look forward to your response.

For reviewing Staff; the actual Ban ID is: 5364

Right, so here is where I have the issue. 

You're not that new to our server, you've been around for a little bit so you would've had ample opportunity to read our server rules.

Whether or not you did, what you decided to do was die ingame legitimately, log out immediately afterwards preventing any type of roleplay with the persons that killed you, by doing so abusing the fact you cannot bleed out and then log on multiple times the following day for short periods of time in order to see if you could get revived.

HOWEVER, what's even more baffling is you then log in, find out you're under the floor and then have the audacity to contact staff, lie and try to get yourself revived. 

Unfortunately for you, this isn't the first rodeo for our Staff Team. 

Now, once you got pulled aside by our Staff and spoken to and informed that such rule breaks constitute a permanent ban and you'd have to appeal it on the forums your immediate reaction was "That's fine, I won't be coming back anyways..." 

What changed your mind? Why do you think we want you back?

You've done nothing but have no regard for our rules and lie to us. 

Hi Fluqi, 

Thanks for taking time out of your day to review my unban request, it's really appreciated.

Like I said originally and have said from the start, I didn't lie.

To recap here's what happened:

A random player RVDM/RDM me without any RP reason. So I thought it was acceptable to combat log because he was breaking rules G1.1 & G1.2. (I now understand what i did was wrong and have apologized numerous times but at the time with being relatively new to GTA RP thought it was the right thing to do)

15-20 minutes later I log back in and someone took me to the Pillbox so I checked in and waited to be revived. Midway through the revival process my game crashed (I've just spent 20 minutes looking through FiveM, GTA & event viewer logs to prove my game crashed but cannot find any decent logs! If you know anywhere or anyway I can prove my game crashed i happily will!). At this point it's like 20 minutes to 8PM storm so I thought to myself ill log back in tomorrow rather than waiting in the queue to join the server at 8PM.

I login the following day, dead underground. At this point the admin brings me back to the city and has a word with me.

As explained before in my previous unban request, the "That's fine, I won't be coming back anyways..." comment was made out of frustration and anger because I thought i was getting permanently banned off the back of someone RVDM/RDM me

My mind was never changed. I knew I didn't mean what I said. At my earliest possibility I got onto the forum and raised an unban request and got a 30 day ban. 30 days later I've re-raised the unban request.

I'm really sorry about the whole situation and your time I've taken up reviewing my unban request. Like I said in my previous comment the other day I can assure you I will be trouble free player going forward. I just hope I get that last chance.

Thanks again!

Okay, well lets call all of this a lesson learned. You now know the correct process and you also should know staff are there to help you and will help you the best they can always. Please dont lie or abuse them else these things never go in your favor. 

I will be unbanning you now. Have fun and lets not see you here again. 

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back