What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Report a player - Mathew Smith - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkc5

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: James Jamica

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: Mathew Smith

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 10/12/21

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 1700

What best describes this incident ?: (G1.5) & (G2.4)

Please (in detail) describe the incident: First and foremost it had all started when one of my gang members was abput to get searched at triad turf, as you can see in the video i had gotten confermation on wether to rob the officer in the video called Mathew Smith. when robbing him infront of turf i have the officer up at gun point as you can see, i tell him to drop his radio and phone which he did and complied, but then i said drop everything aswell. he then says "do you want to check that box" multiple times. As by saying this he knows that he is using the "Box mechanic" where makes me lower my gun in the video and gives him a chance to shoot and down me. he knows well enough about this technique as he admitted on TS that he purposely did it and was not solved in TS in anyway at all. As on teamspeak he also had said i wouldnt have reported him is due to what i had lost on me in the situation.

He purposely used the mechanic of a box and didn't drop everything after I asked him to do so, because he knew there would be a box and I would have to lower my gun to actually see what is on the ground. The officer should have dropped everything and valued his life instead of "Trying to survive the situation" as he said on teamspeak. As rule G2.4 says you need to comply at all times when you are at a disadvantage and not try to "survive the situation". This also looks like power gaming by using the "invisible box"that appears on the ground which makes me not actually see what the officer is dropping, making him win in any situation.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/4AnNnFYqi2SaA/SKvgZk67tYgn

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

(G1.5)
I never forced you into a scenario in which I would "win". I found an opportunity in which you lowered your guard and did what I believe was proportionate and necessary in order to save myself. You never had to look in the box, I never "forced" you to do so. You had every opportunity to explore different avenues to obtain your goal. Your friends inaction to back you up is not my fault and it is not your fault.

(G2.4)
It states that if I am clearly outnumbered or at an obvious disadvantage, I am to value my life. In the scenario mentioned I was not clearly outnumbered, at that material time, I was unaware you were a triad as you were wearing a vest that covered your gang affiliation insignia. I was at an obvious disadvantage, this being the fact you were aiming your gun at me. At the point you lowered it, I saw a gap to take action. Which I did.

Also, trying to survive is literally valuing my life. I did not want to die. Had it been made clearly known to me you were a triad, I would have taken alternative steps.

Final note: This is outside the 24 hour report window, so I am sure this should be taken into consideration.

You are contradicting as to what has been said by Recon for police NOT TO DO, but I will leave this up to staff to decide.

No I didn't.
519151749c768b04dbb7c4b9caab8ede.png

This is the announcement.
This is in relation to not handing over items when asked to.
This was also posted after the incident occurred. So my actions could not have contradicted a future statement. 

Forgot to mention earlier but considering you were out of colours as you said so yourself, and I had no reasonable belief you were a Triad. Why were the Triads about to engage in fire on me? Had I not acted on the chap stood behind me daydreaming, I would have died there and then. Not quite a precedent we want to set surely?

PS: You need to activate windows

076a15c6-7907-41c4-be31-e184e53229f8.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It's clear that you do not understand what I mean and what I am reporting you for, I will leave this up to staff to decide

Your report is currently being reviewed, Please be patient while the evidence is reviewed

Please keep checking this report regularly just in case the reviewing staff member has any questions

Thank you for your report and you doing your part to keep our community clean!

giphy.gif

Hello, after reviewing the footage and speaking to other staff members I have decided the following.
Matthew has in my opinion valued his life and followed your instructions, which initially were drop your phone and radio, which he did, you then decided to look in the box and since it was a 1 on 1 situation Mathew used this opportunity to pull a weapon and save his life. In this case I wouldnt say he abused the "Box Mechanic" since he did drop what you asked of him initially.
I would say in this particular situation it is your fault for being caught off-guard there, you should have taken precautions by either instructing him to drop his weapons initially or restraining Matthew and this whole situation wouldnt have happened, at the end of the day it doesnt matter if Matthew asked you if you're going to check the box you were in control of the situation as the person with the gun, he can say whatever he likes really, your actions are still your own doing.
Further more, I am concerned Triads got themselves involved after you got downed, without any sort of reason (you were out of colors and portrayed yourself as such) which would make their actions RDM.

Conclusion
To conclude this report, I will be denying this report on Matthew for the reasons I have mentioned above and I will issue a warning for RDM to Jet as the person who acted first and shot towards Matthew after you got downed while out of colors.

Note to Triads:

Keep in mind if you have a person out of colors, you do have to mention or at least announce he is involved or part of you at some point throughout the interaction if you wish to get yourself involved. Especially in this situation where you all acted surprised and scared that that was happening on your turf but the minute it went south you all pulled guns on the cop and started blasting. Just doesnt make sense in RP that took place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your report has been dealt with, but perhaps not in the way you originally envisaged.

Whether this is beneficial or disadvantageous to you will depend entirely on the situation, and staff will have taken the most-appropriate action in the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back