What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Unban Appeal - Handy - Teamspeak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handy

Unban Appeal for Handy 

In-game Name: uncle clive

Server: Teamspeak

Steam ID:

Ban ID: (C4.1. Please read the rules https://www.roleplay.co.uk/community-rules/)

Reason given for your ban: (C4.1. Please read the rules https://www.roleplay.co.uk/community-rules/)

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: not sure, didn't do anything wrong. was sat in a channel talking to people then banned? sat in a channel for 9+ hours with no issue then banned? I think i know the rules thanks 🙂 

Why should we unban you ?: ^

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Question, do you actually play on our server?

Answer: yes
Question: how does this have any effect on the ban reason?

Is cancer a joke to you @Handy?
If you listen to the coversation closely, I wasn't "joking about cancer". I was talking about someone who I went to school with who resided on crutches as he had "knee cancer" (He didn't btw). This was it, pretty much the entire conversation. At no point were any jokes made, it was just a personal conversation between friends who would've understood the reference.

As a whole we were just remembering incidents and people from our school, who have no connection to this community. I may have sounded jovial during the chat due to me being under the influence, but again nothing remotely "joking" was said from what I can remember.

I will happily explain and recitfy any comments made about cancer on the recording, but I again fail to see how that in a personal conversation about such topics I can receive a ban for, essenstially, not using "Common Sense." The definition of common sense follows:

Common sense is sound, practical judgment concerning everyday matters, or a basic ability to perceive, understand, and judge in a manner that is shared by (i.e. common to) nearly all people.

Under this precedent, no-one can speak freely about people they know suffering with illness (As that's all I did) without fear of a common sense ban, that's going a bit far don't you think? There was absolutely 0 malicious intent behind the conversation and any socially-adept person would agree with me after listening. If the admin at hand had asked that we stay away from these conversation topics, then I'm sure we would've complied given the chance. Let's be honest, if anyone was going especially out of their way to display abhorrent and offensive behavior for a "shock factor" (As I'm sure your typical "Cancer Joker" would) they wouldn't do it in a channel containing 3 IRL friends and a staff member. This was just a conversation blown way out of context by the ban-issuing staff member.

In fact I had no idea the actual reason I was banned for until today, if anything this proves how insignificant the actual conversation was.

Thanks,
Handy

Since you seem to be rather confident in knowing the rules, care to explain why some of your friends was kicked out the channel? What else did you and your friends say to people that joined the public channel that you was in. Now since you know the rules, you would know that failing to report certain things would result in yourself being banned also, right? but I won't dive to deep into that as you already know the rules so no point going over it. I would appreciate some honesty if you wish to be unbanned. 

Also to note, it's fine to reminisce however you are doing it in a public channel which is free for people to join, having a conversation like you did could be misinterpreted to someone who isn't aware of the facts of the conversation that you are having, I'd suggest leaving conversations like that for the private channels where you are your friends who have all the facts are the only people involved in the conversation. 

Hi,

Thanks for pointing out that I do know the rules, and with my knowledge I know that there isn't a rule that states you have to report someone who's breaking the rules and if there was such a rule then surely this should be pointed out on the rules page(s). You're not allowed to encourage the breaking of rules, which is the closest thing I could find but I wasn't doing this either.

Also on the rules page it states that offences are dealt with in a 1 day, 2 day, 3 day and finally permanent ban. Some offences carry a straight permenant ban such as a "C1.6" but no where on the "Common Sense" rule that I was banned for does it say permenant. So surely my ban should've been a 1 day as I haven't had any previous bans within the last 6 months?
If not, could you be clearer for the reason for my ban as everything I can read leads me to the conclusion that my ban should've been a 1 day 

With that being said, friends were kicked out of the channel for "Impersonation" which again was a bit of a farce. They all had different combinations of the name "Not Wilco" after reading the post that the founder of the community had stepped down, and as we mostly all been associated with the community for years and this being the first that a couple others had heard of this, they decided to change their name to "Not Wilco" as a joke or to honour him I'm not really sure. Either way it was clearly not impersonation as they literally stated in their name they weren't him, and in terms of what did we say to other people who joined, I can't recall now as it took place 2 weeks ago but I know nothing bad or abhorront was said. If something was said it would've constituted an immidiate ban under whatever rule was broken for what was said. 

Thanks,
Handy

@HandyYou and your friends have been here for long enough to know a lot of things about this community. 

Your responses are exactly what i would expect from you. So following that, would you say that what happened that day was perfectly fine to allow on our platform? and you and your friends did nothing wrong?

I dont see anything wrong with what happened, and as explained previously everything was conducted in accordance to the set community rules, I can't speak for others but I can confidently say that I did nothing wrong. If you would like to ask this to my friends I'd appricate if you could do so on their independant ban appeals as I don't want to speak wrongly on behalf of them or "put words in anybodys mouth."

Thanks

Despite your strange topics of conversation, you will be allowed back. Your friends however will remain banned. Please supply your TSUID so that we may unban you.

@Handyplease respond soon or this appeal will time out. 

Hi,

Thanks for that, apologies again for the very immature behavior displayed by a couple of people

00DIWYaDEMgjphY71CZa81rGp90=

Not your fault. Welcome back. 

Unbanned

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back