What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

If a server wipe was to happen like a RPUK 2.0, would you be behind it?

Wiping of all assets like money, cars, businesses etc.

• Yes

Votes: 75 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 88 54.0%

• Total voters

Stevie

You'd still remember all the people and organizations you're a part of.

F. Augustus already made a post about on his profile but would be cool to see actual votes and if people agree or not. 
Personally, I feel like a full server wipe would give the server an opportunity to mainly fix the economy, and this time around make gangs specialize in new and unique "paths" they're deciding to take. With gangs changing their image and writing new lore, they could focus on "new them", and forget the past.

I mentioned somet like this before, a nice fresh start... When i first joined the fivem server back last year in novemberish just after the gang update i think the gangs were great in RP as were the police and the server was a great place to RP... As is stands now its turned into an Altis Life esk place.. Every gang has a stupid amount of guns and regular frontlien police officers are armed and RP has declined from every party on the server IMO... Id be down for a wipe however lets be real it would truly kill the server.

I get alot of people are very bored and there is "nothing to do" but in my opinion i think if this happened 90% of the community wouldnt come back!  

Wiping the servers assets is controversial, many problems and complaining will come with it. What i wanna know are the reasons why the wipe is a good idea in the first place? 

A server wipe would loose tons of RPUK players as many people dont want to loose the progress they have already achieved. I personally dont agree on a wipe but it would be good to see what others think  

No I would cry lol. I have worked so hard for everything I own and my money.

i would rather like to see more Money sinks that don't really grant much, but are fun to do

Would be cool if there is a wipe and then the server moves back to Altis - I would be behind that x

Whichever route ends up with me finding a house to buy would be great! 😅

I would be okay with either, but I don't think things are too bad as they are. I also don't have as much to lose as others.

I'm a fan of more things being added to throw money at as Nikolai suggested. I guess it depends what you hope the wipe would achieve, and whether it would be a permanent fix. Might be better to tackle the underlying concerns through other suggestions.

Would be cool if there is a wipe and then the server moves back to Altis - I would be behind that x
200.gif

In my opinion if this happened the player base would dip by a very very large amount. People have spent over 1000hrs on the server to get where they are. To loose everything to a wipe would demotivate a huge number of people. 

🥳What will it actually add if the server will wipe you guys call it "fresh" but what I will see in the end is you guys driving around in taxis.🥳

200.gif
200.gif

In my opinion if this happened the player base would dip by a very very large amount. People have spent over 1000hrs on the server to get where they are. To loose everything to a wipe would demotivate a huge number of people. 
d2f2b1b6b725e794858845e81adb63a1.png

you were saying? 🤣 

I think it's way too soon to even consider a wipe to be happening on rpuk, as even if that happened, it might drag more wipes in the future.

a money sink of some sort would be much better like Nikolai said.

Personally dead against any sort of wipe. We've worked really, really hard to ensure that as much new code is migrated, with as limited effect on people's status, accrued earnings, backstories and whatnot as is humanly possible, and writing that kind of 'backwards-compatibility' stuff is really bloody hard. Speaking as a dev who has invested many hours into the creation of this world (but not nearly as much as some of the other devs who have invested many more) I think it would be a total cringe for all that effort spent 'preserving the past' to have been in vain. 

I'd rather focus on solutions that increase the levels of challenge for the super-rich people. Money-sinks is just an ugly phrase, that doesn't really convey the effort that goes into plausible ideas that cause players to gamble harder with their futures while creating good basis for roleplay and believability - but that is, of course, basically what they are. Ideally, you won't even realise they're money sinks; and if that happens, we've done it right - but you'll still want to take your chances with them.

There is much left to do, many facets still to write and concepts to implement. We are barely started down this road; AltisLife ran for more than seven years without a deliberate wipe, and was still a popular success by any standard, long after we thought it was past its sell-by-date. FiveM/GTA5 is an even more sound foundation, with much greater scope, so I'd really hope we could tweak and balance continuously going forward, without reaching for such 'dead hand of the designer' hammers like wipes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im against a wipe, worked hard for the business I own house I have and cars etc. 

totally agree with BigJackos above post.

Back