What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Roleplay/Ruleplay

Father

Unlinked
Recently in the city I have been getting pretty annoyed at most people because they seem to focus more on ruleplay than roleplay I have noticed at hand many of times people breaking RP to say you can't do this or do that, wish people would just let the RP happen and then deal with it after the situation is over, what's everyone's opinions on this? 

I think everyone agrees we want roleplay over ruleplay? I'm not sure what this thread is trying to achieve?

Those people who speak out of character need to realise that they are putting themselves in the same boat that the people breaking the rules are whilst they might be doing this with bad intention, its still out of character talking. Leaving it to reports/discussion in TeamSpeak to outline what they did wrong, everyone makes mistakes especially if they are new to RP. Getting angry and frustrated in game and then talking out of character is not a good way of dealing with it at all.

I think everyone agrees we want roleplay over ruleplay? I'm not sure what this thread is trying to achieve?
To hopefully remind some people + I'm not up to much today so love a good thread chat 😉

let the RP happen and then deal with it after the situation is over
This is how it is and should be anyone that does otherwise is at fault for breaking the rules themselves, sadly yes it happends to often that people go ow you cant do this and gods are watching and you will get in trouble, people like that honestly need to shut up and deal with it after, infuriates me too.

Recently in the city I have been getting pretty annoyed at most people because they seem to focus more on ruleplay than roleplay I have noticed at hand many of times people breaking RP to say you can't do this or do that, wish people would just let the RP happen and then deal with it after the situation is over, what's everyone's opinions on this? 
I've experienced quite the opposite. I've had very minimal issues with regards to allegations of rule breaking and people taking advantage of wordings of the rules. 

However, when I do come across 'ruleplay' its normally in the form of Value of Life RP. But people just get petty over that imo.

It is a bit of an issue don't know from the gang side of things but for the police, it's getting really bad as police don't want to do their job as police in fear that they will break a rule, For example, last night was in a chase and TC was authorised so we hit into the car then for him to scream I've got it on bodycam you cant do that. Now I know that I can but other players in the police might just call it off cause they think they have broken the VDM rule. 

I find it unnecessary for someone to say they've got 'bodycam'. It sounds ridiculous, it doesn't change the fact of what's already occurred. Insinuating you're going to report someone with your 'bodycam' footage teeters onto threats to report.

Roleplay will always take priority. Even as staff, we won't interfere with a roleplay scenario to deal with a rule break that we've witnessed, unless it's that disruptive or significant there is a need to do so. We would let whatever is going on finish then deal with the matter after. Because the roleplay scenario will always come first. Everyone should be thinking like this.

I'd like to see some of the rules evaluated and potentially adjusted or deleted to stop the ruleplay generally. I read the reports section a lot as I find it enlightening to see just what some of these reports say. That said I don't envy the staff position when having to evaluate this because people try to use some of these rules to try and land each other in trouble. It is at times pretty pathetic imo. I have thought some times that there are ways around some of this but feel they might be quite controversial. 

tbh i agree with father alot of situations sometimes that i have been in have been called off becuse of ruleplay just becuse someone thinks its slightly sus and they may of broken a rule and they run away from the situation acting like nothing has happened, team speak is there for a reason everyone, go with the flow and have a chat after everything is over, im always happy to talk to anyone after situations and so should everyone be 

Back